Question related CPU mining... uhh..

Just to get it out there as early as possible, I'm veery new to mining and I know what I'm doing is barely profitable or not profitable at all 😁

Just doing it for some possible passive money 😅

I'm running NiceHash miner on my overclocked Ryzen 3 2200G (3.9Ghz CPU, 1.3GHz iGPU) and I tried running it on both, got a profitability of 0.00070mBTC (Electricity cost set to 0) and a H/s of around 300-400 on my CPU. When I disabled my iGPU, the H/s went to 1100.5 and now I'm getting a current profitability of 0.00125mBTC.

I've set [--cpu-priority 2 --threads 4]

Huge pages, 1GB pages unavailable (I dont know what that means O_o)

I've heard GPU mining is more profitable. Is it because I've an iGPU?

Should I just keep the iGPU disabled?

I run it when I'm using my PC to watch videos, do some browsing, word stuff, etc.

Thank you!

How have people missed the GPU mining collapse that happened a few months ago? It was all over the news, Ethereum is now PoS, so no more GPU mining basically.

You have noticed a lot of used RTX 3060's on your used market? That is why.

Just stop doing what you are doing, mining on actual GPUs is unprofitable, but what you are doing is just setting tiny amount of money (electricity bills) on fire for literally no reason what so ever. Even if you had free electricity it is still unprofitable, the time that you waste currently on trying to mine is worth more that the amount you would mine over 5 years. Even if you just slept during all that time, it would be a more efficient use of your time.

Please just stop. If you want to be a part of crypto community, just buy crypto, it would be 100x more efficient that the way you are currently doing it.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Mining is no longer profitable, at all, ETH 2.0 is launched which effectively eliminate GPU mining. Stop mining with a GPU.

To illustrate, my 6800 XT used to make $1.7-$2.1 per day, now barely $0.2, that's how much its lost its profitability.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

@Origami Cactus@Dukesilver27- As I mentioned, I'm not mining on a GPU. Damn I don't even have one. I am just running the CPU miner on NiceHash when I'm not doing any intensive task on my PC for any passive income possible. It is mining BTC.. Should I stop that too? Sorry if this is stupid, but I dont know anything about mining.. 😅
Thanks!

CPU mining has never been worth it, even with latest CPUs.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

9 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

@Origami Cactus@Dukesilver27- As I mentioned, I'm not mining on a GPU. Damn I don't even have one. I am just running the CPU miner on NiceHash when I'm not doing any intensive task on my PC for any passive income possible. It is mining BTC.. Should I stop that too? Sorry if this is stupid, but I dont know anything about mining.. 😅
Thanks!

It is nicehash, it is not actually mining bitcoin, but other algorithms that are infinitely more profitable, but the amount of money you make over a year is still zero, and I find that the amount of time you put into tweaking the miner, turning it on and off, is more valuable than zero.

So yes, I would stop doing that. As I said, a far more profitable option would be to just flatout buy crypto for that money that would have gone into your electricity bill instead, you would receive 100x more crypto from that.

If I calculated it correctly, you are currently getting about 2 euro cents per day if you would mine 24/7, you would find more money just walking on the street and collecting bottles, in my country a single bottle is worth 10 cents, and when you walk in the early morning you could find like 10 bottles in 10 minutes. So in a single 10 minutes walk you could earn 50x more than your miner gets you in a full day of mining.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Yea, I'm stopping it. Mining is fking taxed 30% in my country. Thank you for your time. Seems like no passive income for me 😑

On 11/11/2022 at 12:01 PM, Dukesilver27- said:

CPU mining has never been worth it, even with latest CPUs.

Not exactly no, CPU mining was profitable not so long ago (not sure if it still is) with Monero.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !