Bottleneck help

CRBN

Hello, 

I ran a benchmark for the new COD MW II and it says my CPU is 99% bottlenecking my GPU. 

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X 16-core 3.50 GHz

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti

RAM: 16gb DDR4 3600 MHz

Monitor resolution: Samsung G7 1440p QHD

Can I please have some advice how to unlock the remaining FPS from my GPU.

Thank You.

2022-11-01 21_52_15-C​a​l​l​ ​o​f​ ​D​u​t​y​®​ ​H​Q​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​.png

11 minutes ago, CRBN said:

Hello, 

I ran a benchmark for the new COD MW II and it says my CPU is 99% bottlenecking my GPU. 

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X 16-core 3.50 GHz

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti

RAM: 16gb DDR4 3600 MHz

Monitor resolution: Samsung G7 1440p QHD

Can I please have some advice how to unlock the remaining FPS from my GPU.

Thank You.

I see you're using DLSS, i would re-run the test on native resolution: 2560x1440, this should put more load on the GPU and make the ''bottleneck'' less.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

I'd like to thank Activision from the bottom of my heart for teaching the term "bottleneck" to more people so they can misunderstand the concept and wring their hands over it. 🙄

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

I'd like to thank Activision from the bottom of my heart for teaching the term "bottleneck" to more people so they can misunderstand the concept and wring their hands over it. 🙄

*Krusty the Clown* Uuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhh...

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On 11/1/2022 at 10:09 PM, Wildgg said:

I see you're using DLSS, i would re-run the test on native resolution: 2560x1440, this should put more load on the GPU and make the ''bottleneck'' less.

I did this, it made a 50% difference, thank you. I always thought my CPU was good, should I be upgrading to the ryzen 9 7950x?

Is there a way to get to 0% bottleneck without upgrading my CPU?

2022-11-08 16_14_56-Call of Duty® HQ.png

33 minutes ago, CRBN said:

I did this, it made a 50% difference, thank you. I always thought my CPU was good, should I be upgrading to the ryzen 9 7950x?

Is there a way to get to 0% bottleneck without upgrading my CPU?

upgrading is upto you, if you're happy with the performance then don't, i'm sure by now there are plenty of benchmarks out there comparing your cpu with the newer stuf you can check out.

yes but you'll probably have to play at 4k to get close to 0% bottleneck in this test.
I wouldn't worry to much about bottleneck as there will always be one.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

2 hours ago, Wildgg said:

upgrading is upto you, if you're happy with the performance then don't, i'm sure by now there are plenty of benchmarks out there comparing your cpu with the newer stuf you can check out.

yes but you'll probably have to play at 4k to get close to 0% bottleneck in this test.
I wouldn't worry to much about bottleneck as there will always be one.

The problem is for some weird reason, if i select max max settings for graphics or even low settings for graphics; i still get the same fps (~80 ingame). I have turned the fps limit to unlimited. I don't understand, shouldnt my fps increase if I select low settings?