Mario Kart 8 Crazy News - Bundle - Free Game - Awesome

GoodBytes

Nintendo released today a surprised Nintendo Direct announcing Mario Kart 8.
As we know already, the game will be in available in May 30th.

mkbox.png
(yes, a red box)

Nintendo also revealed some crazy news about the game.

The game will features new, much improved, online system for up to 12 player action, with voice chat during the lobby area or text phrases (lobby is for friends only)

You can easily play with your friends added to your system like you would normally expect how it would work, unlike the Wii online infrastructure.

You can play with other players against your region and worldwide as well.

You can create private or public tournaments with your own rules, which you can make them available when you want (example: every weekend, or specific date, or all the time)

You can play against ghost data or just view them to learn new tricks, even ghost data of top Mario Kart players.

You can play against ghost data of the developers of the game, which earns you stamps to use on the Miiverse forum system of the console.

Mario Kart TV

The game will allow you to record and watch at any time replay data of your races

You can edit the replay videos

You can share the videos with your friends or publicly and comments can be posted

You can view most viewed replay videos

You can post your replay videos to YouTube (Google account required, obviously)

New Features

The game will feature anti-gravity racing which is engaged by the track. It allows accessing secrets path in some stages, avoid obstacles of any kind if the race track allows, and changes the game rules, such as bumping into other players won't slow you down, but rather creates a mini boost, and that opens to strategies, like 2 friedns can help each other getting boosts.

New weapons. Of course! The game features several new items such as the boomerang, piranha plant, and horn among others.

New race tracks, obviously.

Customizable Karts and Bikes! And it impacts the kart itself. You can change the tires, body and glider. Be prepared to adapt your vehicle, because it's not about getting the most speed, you may want more handling or acceleration or better performance on off the road racing.

In game music is played by actual musicians and not PC rendered.

New racers to choose from.

You can play as your Mii.

Improvements

Game Balancing on Karts and Bikes performance

In some tracks, karts will get a small advantage, and others, it will be bikes that will get a small advantage. For instance, the bike can turn on corners more tightly than karts, so tracks with a a lot of turns, will benefit racing with a bike.

(Other improvement may have been taken place, but not talk about. On the trailer bellow, we can see one racer avoid the blue turtle shell, so it would indicate weapon balancing as well)

Free Stuff

Buy the game.... register the game at Club Nintendo between May 30th, and July 31st, get a free game of choice:

• New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Pikmin 3
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
  • or Wii Party U.

mkb1.png

In addition, Nintendo is making an awesome bundle deal with the game.
The Mario Kart 8 console bundle.

mkb2.png

The bundle includes:

• Black Wii U Deluxe 32GB model with all accessories you normally get with the deluxe model.
  • Mario Kart 8 the game
  • Mario Wiimote
  • Red racing wheel for the wiimote
  • AND, like if you bought the game separately, if you register the game at Club Nintendo between May 30th, and July 31st, you can choose to download one of the following games: New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD or Wii Party U.

The bundle will be 329.99$ US, and Canadian.

Game trailers:

Source: Nintendo Direct - www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbuJZP0_8iQ

Ooh I've wanted pikmin

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

damn I always like Mario Karts games ... but there is no way ill buy a console just for that and the free game. Its still expensive.

Finally, been waiting for this game forever

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

This is great stuff. PC gaming for me pretty much replaces xbox and playstation but Nintendo is just something different for me. 

I've always liked Mario Kart, but I am loathed to buy an entire console just for one game, I think it is time now that relatively 'low' end games such as this should be seeing their release on modern mobile platforms (ie Android and iOS, and WP if it is worth it) I think that the game should be released in an identical manner similar price, same feature set (no in app purchase crap), obviously have licence checks so pirating of the app is not possible.

That way you can play it out and about but you can use an HDMI cable and a Bluetooth controller for TV console gaming at home, or use something like a Kindle Fire TV.

Imma get me some of that pikmin 3 with my mario kart 8

I am going to predict that the Wii U's sales will go up. Not by much but I think the market will respond very well to this new game and it's offer.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

This is a game I would consider getting the console for....

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

This is epic!

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

THe best mario kart ever made was Mario kart 64 IMHO. AI was decently smart, game was balanced IMHO, and the tracks were awesome. Mario kart Wii wasn't that good, so I'm hoping this new game will Be a spiritual successor to Mario kart 64.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Users have a choice of some of the most acclaimed and popular Wii U games yet. In Europe, they include: 

• Nintendo Land
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U version)
  • Game & Wario
  • Pikmin 3
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Sonic Lost World (Wii U version)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
  • Wii Party U
The offer extends across North America too, albeit with fewer games on offer. They include: 

• Nintendo Land
  • Pikmin 3
  • Wii Party U
Nintendo also asked fans based in Australia to wait for specific details on the offer. 

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Am I the only one who still buys Wii just for the Mario franchise games. I cannot resist, both the price of Wii and the fun of the Mario games. I am primarily a PC gamer, but some Wii exclusives are the most fun to play.

oooooo tempting : )

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Am I the only one who still buys Wii just for the Mario franchise games. I cannot resist, both the price of Wii and the fun of the Mario games. I am primarily a PC gamer, but some Wii exclusives are the most fun to play.

I find Nintendo games, the great majority of them, to be worth getting a console to play. I find them AAAA titles, if such raking exists.

The reason why I am saying such a big bold claim is that the games are crazy fun, like Half Life 2 fun. In addition, the games are super well polished where you just don't get bugs or crashes. I mean I am sure they are bugs if you dig them, nothing is really bug proof, but it's nothing in your face, the game controls are always well thought out and consistent, and the great attention to details, something that I find less and less games do, because it cost a lot of money to implement, and probably because they find that many don't really notice them.

What I do find shameful though is that Nintendo is no longer doing the full rich game manual as they used to do back in the old days. Now it's digital with the WiiU. They do include a mini pamphlet with the most important part, and in colors, so there is still that, but the full manual was nice.

Users have a choice of some of the most acclaimed and popular Wii U games yet. In Europe, they include: 

• Nintendo Land
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U version)
  • Game & Wario
  • Pikmin 3
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Sonic Lost World (Wii U version)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
  • Wii Party U
The offer extends across North America too, albeit with fewer games on offer. They include: 
  • Nintendo Land
  • Pikmin 3
  • Wii Party U
Nintendo also asked fans based in Australia to wait for specific details on the offer. 

Nintendo Land isn't there, at least they didn't mention it in the Nintendo Direct of today.

I am in North America, and I have all the games listed except WiiU Party, which I really don't care about. :/

If I could get Game & Wario or Wonderful 101 that would be amazing.