Best GTX 760? How much Ram do I need? Do I have better option?

duzy_wonsz

Hello Gentleman :D

I'm looking for a GPU for around 330-360/380 USD (1000PLN), that would suit me in CS:GO, video editing, 3D Modeling and could handle a Wide-Screen (3 Monitors)

For now I've only noticed GTX 760 as an INTEL+NVIDIA Fanboy :D But charts how are they able to handle are horrible! With my actual build (Bottom of this post) I get 25-30 FPS on maxxed out 1080p CS:GO and those Expensive (For me) cards are able to handle BF 3 with 50-60frames?! And are unable to handle more than 1440p?! That's horrible (I'm not a pro :D So correct me).

So. There are so many options with GTX 760. So many brands. 4GB GDDR5 (Which are mostly able to handle less. (I've seen one 2GB that probably can handle 4K (In Windows I bet :D), but none of the 4GB go over 1440p.) and this R9 280X that looks pretty awesome on paper and is pretty cheap.

Can you guys point me into any better options or tell me what to choose from GTX 760 that: (Or tell me if this is not possible :D)
1.Can handle 3 Screens.
2.Would give me at least 300 FPS 1650x1080 with only HIGH Shadows in CS:GO :D

3.Will allow me to Stream Video and Record Screeb in Best Possible quality. (I Think that this Intel Video processing technology makes your Integrated Graphics do the job, so you don't loose FPS anymore)
4.3D Modeling in Maya (3D Car models for rFactor)

5.Allow me to make huge projects in Sony Vegas with stable FPS :)

Thanks guys! :)

My Spec for now:

Proc: Intel i5-4670K (With Integrated Graphics)

Motherboard: MSI Z87

PSU: XFX PRO 550W

CPU cooling: Zalman CNPS14X

Case: Old black case from NTTsystems :D

Why 300fps?

4GB Twin Frozr, or ASUS DirectCU II

With the soaring prices of AMD cards, the only card I'd suggest more than a 760 is a 770, if you want to spend the extra money.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

1. Any

2. That's iffy with CSGO. Not guarantees but it should be doable.

3. Totally depends on what you're streaming/recording. As long as the rest of the hardware is compliant and what you're doing isn't struggling to render as is, you should be fine.

4. Shouldn't be an issue.

5. You're going to have to be more specific about what 'huge' is--it shouldn't be reliant on your gpu anyway but your cpu. Having a 'powerful-enough' gpu only comes into play for certain effects in playback and encoding. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have an 2GB Asus Direct CU II GTX 760 and it is a really nice card for the price, I'd recommend that. But I'd rather get the cheapest GTX 770 than an expensive GTX 760.

If you can strech just 20 dollars, you can get the R9 290, which is a SUPER awesome GPU, and 2 tiers better than the 760.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

If you can strech just 20 dollars, you can get the R9 290, which is a SUPER awesome GPU, and 2 tiers better than the 760.

this

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

this

Am I stupid or is it just the country? I see a 760 for 200 euros and a r9 290 for 370

WOW! Thanks!

760 prices vary from 200 to even 600 Euros :D (I don't know who did this, but it's true)

1.Is there a huge difference between 770 and 760? :)

2.Are those AMD cards really worth something when bundled with Intel CPU? Cause NVIDIA has some cool options and I trust them, but I experianced alot of AMD in some old PCs (Long time ago :D). And I did not like it. I was always jelous of my friends with NVIDIA GPU (Not CPUs, but now Intel is on the lead with their "I" stuff, so I just went for it.)

Kloaked 300FPS, because it's native Source Engine FPS which leads to best optimization, best registry and no frustration, because I missed a frame, or my character made a weird laggy move.

EDIT:
After looking at the reviews/charts and prices I might squeeze this 100PLN more for 770 if not the R9 280X.

NOW GTX 770 or R9 280X!?

2.Are those AMD cards really worth something when bundled with Intel CPU? Cause NVIDIA has some cool options and I trust them, but I experianced alot of AMD in some old PCs (Long time ago :D). And I did not like it. I was always jelous of my friends with NVIDIA GPU (Not CPUs, but now Intel is on the lead with their "I" stuff, so I just went for it.)

NOW GTX 770 or R9 280X!?

1. Look up benchmarks for the 760 and 770?

2. Doesn't make a difference what you 'bundle' them with. 

The 770 and 280x are pretty much neck and neck. Get whichever is cheaper.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

SAVE UP 20 BUCKS AND GET THE R9 290!!!!

The 4GB 760 is a waste of money and nothing more than a gimmick. Playing any game that would need up to 4GB of VRAM is going to require a card more powerful than the 760. A 3GB 760 I can understand, because some games can use slightly more than 2GB, but the design doesn't allow for that. You'd be better off spending that extra money on a 770 instead.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

WOW! Thanks!

760 prices vary from 200 to even 600 Euros :D (I don't know who did this, but it's true)

Kloaked 300FPS, because it's native Source Engine FPS which leads to best optimization, best registry and no frustration, because I missed a frame, or my character made a weird laggy move.

EDIT:

After looking at the reviews/charts and prices I might squeeze this 100PLN more for 770 if not the R9 280X.

NOW GTX 770 or R9 280X!?

AGAIN, SO YOU HEAR, GET THE R9 290!!!!!!

Yeah man. Give me another 500 PLN (150USD) for 280... Prices here are different. A lot different than at our place.

Maybe I should save for that 290 that I'd really like, but It will take me another 2-3 months of money saving... That would be vacation and I'll be mostly away from PC when now there is work to be done :D

@jmaster299 Thanks. That knowledge will be handy ;)

@WoodenMarker I don't like all those benchmarks, because or there are no brands shown, or there are those FPS charts which are weird. Cause my friends are able to get 30-40 FPS more than there is with same settings. (There are sometimes almost 100MHz difference on a clock between brands)

Looks like I'm under pressure to get a 290X cause:

1.I got a really overkill CPU for 760/770/280 :D

2.I want MORE! :D

3.This rig has to last at least 3-4 years handling everything on Max->Medium.

BTW. Here is how stuff cost in Poland:

760 - 960->1100 PLN (360USD)

770 - 1050->1120PLN (369-370USD)

780 - 2000->2100PLN (690USD)

280X - 1100-1180PLN (389USD)

290X - 1500-1600PLN (520USD)

(USD is highest price for it. So you can take out around 30-50USD fro. it for cheap ones)

@WoodenMarker I don't like all those benchmarks, because or there are no brands shown, or there are those FPS charts which are weird. Cause my friends are able to get 30-40 FPS more than there is with same settings. (There are sometimes almost 100MHz difference on a clock between brands)

Looks like I'm under pressure to get a 290X cause:

Brands don't really matter. You should be oc'ing the cards yourself anyway.

If your friends are getting 30-40 more fps, it means they're not running the same benchmark.

There's no point getting the 290x over the cheaper and similarly performing 290.

Yeah. Sory. My bad. I want 290 cause 290X is 500PLN more :D