Radeon RX 6600 8GB vs Intel A750 for Upgrade

aidancomi
Go to solution Solved by Middcore,

The RX 6600 is the better option every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

There is zero reason to be a guinea pig for Intel. 

I am currently using the Ryzen 3400G's integrate graphics and have been looking for a GPU upgrade for some time. I've been considering the RX 6600 lately, but the release of the A750 has made me reconsider. It's a first gen product and it geels a bit odd using a Intel GPU on an AMD system, but I don't know. What is the best option?

Full PC Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/aidancomi/saved/P2wMVn

RX 6600: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J8879JC

Looking for exclusively 1080p gaming with room for a potential monitor upgrade to 1440p or higher refresh rate. I'm mostly playing e-sports title (Valorant, etc), but would like the flexibility to play some AAA games.

Edited by aidancomi
Fixed Intel card naming

The RX 6600 is the better option every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

There is zero reason to be a guinea pig for Intel. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

The Intel would be an early adoption which imo is not worth it, risk doesn't outweigh the reward. Personally, I'd go for an RTX 30 series(if you don't mind used they're going for great prices on ebay), if you're only wanting an option out of the two, the RX 6600 all day.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

The Intel card realistically should only be used in a spare system that you just want to play with it. The drivers are a mess, performance is a crap shoot even in games that should work, and they're just worse in almost every way compared to the AMD card. If you want to get it because you enjoy playing around with lots of hardware, I don't blame you (I'm probably gonna get one since I really like weird hardware), but if you actually want to use one to game it just doesn't make sense. 

The RX 6600 is the best frames/dollar of any card available right now, basically, so go with that one. Save the intel for the 2nd generation when they have the drivers figured out. 

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3

Get the Rx 6600, it is a great card, also the Ryzen 5 3400G doesn't have ReBar (Resizable Bar) support which Intel has said is necessary for the use of their GPUs.