These Corsair AF140 Silent Edition Fans Aren't That Silent

Kilowatts

I've used a bunch of different fans. Zalman ZM-F3 (I think? Was years ago), Enermax Magmas, Akasa Apaches and Vipers, Noctua NF-P12s, F12s, SP120s... My fan of choice?

Gentle Typhoons.

(The only decent fan I haven't tried yet is Silverstone's AP121, but GTs are so much quieter than anything else I've used, I probably won't be bothered trying them any time soon.)

With regards to what speed you should get, that's entirely subjective. Some people say 1000RPM fans are quiet. Personally I think they're nuts. I have 1150RPM GTs running at around 5V. I can't tell you the exact RPM because I don't honestly know. I can still hear them (there's three) but they're quiet enough that they fade into the background very well.

I don't know what your talking about.... Corsair 140 Quiet Editions are Quiet.
many reasons: different quality of hearing, different case, different fan header voltage, etc. the list could go on for awhile. All that matters is that the OP has a problem with the loudness of his fans and he wants help finding something quieter (regardless if we think his complaint is valid or not)

Yeah, I bought 6 corsair quiet fans because I couldn't stand the looks of the Noctuas. But with the PC under my desk, I can still hear them when they're running at around 700RPM. Considering buying a new non-window side panel for my Define R4 and putting Noctuas in there some day. But that won't happen any time soon.
keep your window and show off your expensive noctua fans!

Go with the noctuas with low noise adapters. As they still give great performance at around 900 rpm. It's the cost you have to weight up as they are not cheap. I have 3 noctuas myself and I like the colour of them but some people don't.

Asus Maximus VI Hero , i5 4670k , 8gb Corsair vengeance ddr3, Asus HD 7970 matrix platinum, Corsair AX860, Ocz agility 3 120gb ssd, 1tb wd green hdd, custom water loop. All in an Antec p280

• 1 month later...

I'm using the AF140's and they hardly make a sound! I'm also using two SP120s on my h50, and it's a very quite computer, maybe I was just lucky? 

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.