Heritage

Wictorian

2 questions. What would you want to happen to your heritage? And the same question, but assume you are a billionaire. I would probably leave it to my kids if I had any but if I was a billionaire I would leave 1 million to each and donate the rest to climate change or something.

I think the word you are looking for is inheritance, heritage is what your bloodlines are like where you come from.

And i DGAF what happens to my stuff or money after i die as long as it doesn't go to the government or taxes I'm happy. taxation is theft

7 hours ago, Caroline said:

If my descendants disappoint me in any way or become a disgrace I won't say anything but play the big sneaky on them, when they go open my safe deposit box there will be only a paper that reads: "perhaps the true inheritance was my teachings, but you were too busy doing something else to realise it" or something in the lines of that, and then my money -if any- goes to charity.

Yeah but what charity? I think most charities are incompetent.

I would want it to be heavily taxed.

Even if you tax an amount of 1 billion USD with 90% inhertiance tax, you are still left with 100 million USD.

An individual with this amount of capital can only exist in a system that is broken beyond repair.

Assuming you don’t die penniless which is what most people do. Average inheritance is only like 10k or so.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

As @airborne spoon mentioned, Heritage refers to the culture/region that someone comes from. It's about what makes that person who they are, in terms of origin and culture.

On topic: If I was a billionaire and had kids, I would probably set them up with some kind of extremely limited trust fund, so that they had access to resources in case they needed them, but I would want to structure it in a way that if they wanted more in life, they would need to work for it.

Most of the inheritance would probably be donated, or put towards the creation of a foundation with the intention of helping others or some specific cause.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 4 weeks later...

When I die, I want people to forget I ever existed within 6 months.  Fuck leaving a legacy.  Every 2 bit schmuck thinks they're going to leave a legacy behind.

p.s.

If you are a billionaire and aren't leveraging the wealth to do things that are unavailable to the less wealthy--then I hate you.  And I don't mean luxury purchases.  The best thing to do is pull a Musk and open new ventures and new business segments that would otherwise remain untapped.  The next best thing to do is go racing or buy a sports team--something that would be prohibitively expensive--and improve it.  The worst thing to do is pull a Bezos and sit on your wealth and expect people to demolish 500 year old bridges so you can have a Mega-Yacht.

Charity is a terrible idea.  I'd much rather set up an endowment to cover the cost of vocational schooling for thousands--or something to that effect. 

16 hours ago, IPD said:

When I die, I want people to forget I ever existed within 6 months.  Fuck leaving a legacy.  Every 2 bit schmuck thinks they're going to leave a legacy behind.

p.s.

If you are a billionaire and aren't leveraging the wealth to do things that are unavailable to the less wealthy--then I hate you.  And I don't mean luxury purchases.  The best thing to do is pull a Musk and open new ventures and new business segments that would otherwise remain untapped.  The next best thing to do is go racing or buy a sports team--something that would be prohibitively expensive--and improve it.  The worst thing to do is pull a Bezos and sit on your wealth and expect people to demolish 500 year old bridges so you can have a Mega-Yacht.

Charity is a terrible idea.  I'd much rather set up an endowment to cover the cost of vocational schooling for thousands--or something to that effect. 

It’s not about legacy it’s about helping humanity.

Yeah you’re right I had some kind of fund in my mind similar to yours.

I intend to leave nothing behind for good nor evil, any wealth or material possessions I own upon my death will be rigged to explode, to not only destroy them/the wealth, but anyone who attempts to take ownership of my wealth or possessions as well.

"Live fast, die young, leave a charred and unrecognizable corpse". ~Me, during highschool.

My possessions should go to my BFF. She's disabled and doesn't have much. I don't have much, either, but she can have it all. :3

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

3 hours ago, IPD said:

If you like humanity.  Humanity doesn't deserve much.

yeah but this is deepr I think. I hate humans. I love humanity

2 hours ago, Sarra said:

"Live fast, die young, leave a charred and unrecognizable corpse". ~Me, during highschool.

My possessions should go to my BFF. She's disabled and doesn't have much. I don't have much, either, but she can have it all. :3

I like the James Dean version you ripped off better, but to each their own lol

4 hours ago, Wictorian said:

yeah but this is deepr I think. I hate humans. I love humanity

I'm the opposite; I love humans, I hate humanity.  Same thing for why I can love a people, and hate their government/governance.  Goes with misanthropy.  And you can't study history as much as I have without being a misanthrope.

On 11/3/2022 at 9:26 AM, IPD said:

The best thing to do is pull a Musk and open new ventures and new business segments that would otherwise remain untapped.

Musk didn’t do anything noteworthy- everything he’s done was started by someone else. Tesla for example, he literally just bought the company and pretended he founded it.

21 minutes ago, NF-A12x25 said:

Musk didn’t do anything noteworthy- everything he’s done was started by someone else. Tesla for example, he literally just bought the company and pretended he founded it.

Prove to me that Tesla exists as a viable commercial product without Musk.  Prove to me that Nikola is every bit as viable as Tesla--and Musk is superfluous.

Prove to me that Space-X isn't needed to develop full-flow staged-combustion-cycle rocket engines that are commercially viable.  Prove to me that commercial space-cargo is a viable market without Musk first entering and dominating the sector.

Prove to me that Twitter can reverse course and stop censoring content that disagrees with "THE NARRATIVE" without someone like Musk coming in and strong-arming it into submission.

Or are you just spurting off hyperbole that you heard somewhere else, without ever putting your $.02 of brain-bytes into considering if it actually held merit?

9 hours ago, IPD said:

If you like humanity.  Humanity doesn't deserve much.

Humanity deserves the go extinct as soon as possible. Yes, there are X number of good people in the world, but humanity has an overwhelmingly negative effect on itself, nearly every other living thing on this planet, and the planet's capacity to support life itself. We're a plague.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

Don't want human kids, so I'd donate to puppers and kitties. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti