My grandfather needs a new phone

Indian pc builder
Go to solution Solved by Indian pc builder,
22 hours ago, Commodus said:

A Nothing Phone 1 honestly sounds like the better pick. It's a young company, so there are no guarantees the support will be good — but if that's not an obstacle, it's a better device. Clean Android, good overall performance and of course great design. Just check to see when the device ships... you don't want to wait weeks to get it.

The division ce is already available in stores and my grandfather chose the one plus as he felt that he was used to the interface and did not want to change ( his old phone was a oneplus 5t)

i found 2 contenders for the phone   

1. 1. Oneplus 10r 5g or nothing phone 1( keep in mine he already uses a oneplus and is used to their interface)

• Oneplus 10 r 5g
    • Nothing phone 1

budget= around 30000 inr, max 40000

conditions:

i need a new phone for my grandfather, i need to buy it today, it needs 5g, it should not be a samsung (mrwhosetheboss' battery swelling video) it has to be an andriod, it can be a oneplus, although i have been hearing that their software has been going a bit bad, not a deal breaker as all my grandfather does is make phone calls, and watch netflix(surprisingly he figured out how to use netflix) also i need it ordered today

after a cursory look, how bad or good is the oneplus 10r? is the software usable for my grandfathers purposes?

after another look the nothing phone 1 doesnt look that bad either, and from what i have heard has a very close to stock android os, plus the flashing lights on the back will make him like it more

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

On 10/2/2022 at 2:51 AM, Indian pc builder said:

budget= around 30000 inr, max 40000

conditions:

i need a new phone for my grandfather, i need to buy it today, it needs 5g, it should not be a samsung (mrwhosetheboss' battery swelling video) it has to be an andriod, it can be a oneplus, although i have been hearing that their software has been going a bit bad, not a deal breaker as all my grandfather does is make phone calls, and watch netflix(surprisingly he figured out how to use netflix) also i need it ordered today

after a cursory look, how bad or good is the oneplus 10r? is the software usable for my grandfathers purposes?

after another look the nothing phone 1 doesnt look that bad either, and from what i have heard has a very close to stock android os, plus the flashing lights on the back will make him like it more

A Nothing Phone 1 honestly sounds like the better pick. It's a young company, so there are no guarantees the support will be good — but if that's not an obstacle, it's a better device. Clean Android, good overall performance and of course great design. Just check to see when the device ships... you don't want to wait weeks to get it.

22 hours ago, Commodus said:

The division ce is already available in stores and my grandfather chose the one plus as he felt that he was used to the interface and did not want to change ( his old phone was a oneplus 5t)

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

1 hour ago, Indian pc builder said:

That sounds good to me. The OnePlus 10R is still a solid phone; it's just not what I'd pick between the two. And let's be honest, OnePlus probably has a better support network in the region than Nothing.

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

That sounds good to me. The OnePlus 10R is still a solid phone; it's just not what I'd pick between the two. And let's be honest, OnePlus probably has a better support network in the region than Nothing.

Very true, there is a shop 10 mins from me

3 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

Very true, there is a shop 10 mins from me

Good stuff