Don't use IE for now

dounuts97

http://www.cnet.com/news/stop-using-ie-until-bug-is-fixed-says-us/

The link is at the top

"It's not often that the US or UK governments weigh in on the browser wars, but a new Internet Explorer vulnerability -- one that affects all major versions of the browser from the past decade -- has forced them to raise an alarm: Stop using IE.

The zero-day exploit -- the term given to a previously unknown, unpatched flaw -- allows attackers to install malware on your computer without your permission. That malware could be used to steal personal data, track online behavior, or gain control of the computer. Security firm FireEye, which discovered the bug, said that the flaw is being used with a known Flash-based exploit technique to attack financial and defense organizations in the US via Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11. Those versions of the browser run on Microsoft's Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8, although the exploit is present in Internet Explorer 6 and above." - Seth Rosenblatt

Edited by Slick
Quote edited in by Luke

HTTP 404 = Server cannot be reached please try again later, try refreshing(F5) the page or re-enable your wireless

I heard about this. Another reason that internet explorer sucks! Use Google Chrome!

"Just another day at the office" Captain Price -Call of Duty

I've been using FF for forever, but I might switch to Chrome due to slowdown issues.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I Use `Google Chrome Only time i use IE is At School 

Just don't use IE. Too bad there isn't anyway to delete it >.<

there is...shift and delete...lol.... :P

Woah, will use chrome for a while after this breaking news, thanks for the heads up. Dodged a bullet there.

Yet another proof of how crap flash is. Can't wait for html5 to crap all over flash, so it can be removed completely. The article is not very good, as the exploit can hit flash usage in MS office as well as IE.

The exploit has already been patched as of 28th of April: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2961887

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Chrome is easily the best browser I just wished it had more customizability. Like a HUD screen would be nice so you could click and drag all the elements on the browser to other areas. If I wanted all my bookmarks at the bottom of the screen for example. Also performance has gotten bloated rather recently but I do run the dev build.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I didnt use IE since 2010, its too slow..

I use GC and MF now...

(MF is mozilla Firefix now MotherFucker)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

This is something I have known about for the past 9 years, I find it funny that once the government says something about, now everyone gets it lol

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

God damnit... Well looks like im going to have to get FireFox or chrome...

The exploit has already been patched as of 28th of April: http://support.micro....com/kb/2961887

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

There isn't? But, then how do you explain that I removed it from my sister's laptop with Windows 7? Took me over an hour, but I did do it, I think. I didn't find any more traces of it. She put it back when my brother said it probably wasn't a good idea to delete it. It was something to do with Windows updates, he said.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I always ensure to use IE, in fact making sure that IE is up and running properly is the first thing I do when I have installed a fresh Windows OS.

How else am I meant to download Firefox?

Theres a easy temporary fix for that and they said a fix would come patch tuesday or sooner of deemed necessary.

Yet another proof of how crap flash is. Can't wait for html5 to crap all over flash, so it can be removed completely.

Flash should die. But Java-script is really not good either. We need a better replacement that can actually take advantage of the multicore cpus and gpus of today and future.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

there is.. google 'disable windows features'

This is something I have known about for the past 9 years, I find it funny that once the government says something about, now everyone gets it lol

If so, why don't you have a warning in your signature about it?

EDIT: How do i merge multiple comments into one? I can't seem to easily copy a quote from this post to another..