Single core AMD Sempron

Blaze02

Pulled this out of my neighbors old computer she still used when it died. Surprisingly before it died it was fairly quick (all things considered). Is there any use for it anymore? (The cpu is fine the motherboard died. There were many components coming loose from years of it being moved around.)

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Blaze02 said:

Pulled this out of my neighbors old computer she still used when it died. Surprisingly before it died it was fairly quick (all things considered). Is there any use for it anymore? (The cpu is fine the motherboard died. There were many components coming loose from years of it being moved around.)

image.jpg

coaster maybe?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

7 minutes ago, Blaze02 said:

image.jpg

Not really. That thing will not work well with a modern OS of even Linux. You'll have to be using a really stripped-down distro. To put into perspective, a Pentium 4 HT system runs like ass on Windows 10 and even more so on Ubuntu. A chip that is quite a long way ahead of a Sempron of the same vintage. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

That's an extremely low end CPU from over 16 years ago. It would struggle with basically any modern tasks, and it doesn't even have the benefit of SMT to give it an extra thread. It's basically just e-waste at this point, or you could use it as a piece of art if you wanted. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Run Cinebench on it. You might die of old age before it finishes, but your Great Reward will be that much sweeter for your suffering.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

It's fairly behind the times, but there may be people here who like to collect legacy hardware.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

20 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

It's fairly behind the times, but there may be people here who like to collect legacy hardware.

Yep - I'm one that likes popping things like that in my older boards (DFI's) and clocking the snot out of them.
That is a 939 chip from the model data string, date and stepping and at least has the better E6 stepping too.

Might be able to get a few bucks on fleabay for it but for any practical use these days it's not what you'd want by any means. It's also a very commonly found chip so there isn't anything special about it, it's just a standard Socket 939 Sempron chip.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

2 hours ago, Blaze02 said:

image.jpg

Shit if you wanna sell it, PM me. 

17 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

That's modern hardware for some of us 🙂

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

1 minute ago, MeDownYou said:

That's modern hardware for some of us 🙂

Yeah, I'm aware some are still running XP with Cyrix M-IIs, by some miracle.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!