Chinese Startup Biren Details BR100 GPU | Another GPU in the competition ? | comparable to A100 ?

snappercayt
10 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Again if you looked into the foxconn issue they did actually get in trouble due to Chinese labor laws.

So much trouble that they were allowed to do this for decades until it started to hurt the image and profitability of Chinese manufacturing...

Clearly you just don't like China.

Cope harder

Also again that was foxconn while this is a different company. You can't blame one company for the faults of another company.

I didn't say anything about this company... least of all that I blame them for foxconn...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 hours ago, Sauron said:

So much trouble that they were allowed to do this for decades until it started to hurt the image and profitability of Chinese manufacturing...

Cope harder

I didn't say anything about this company... least of all that I blame them for foxconn...

Yes you did. You said that they would be using indentured servants based on foxconns treatment of its employees. 

9 hours ago, StDragon said:

China certainly has the capacity and talent to develop their own native CPU/GPUs. It's mainly off licensed IP and some not so much. However video gaming is highly regulated in China. It's difficult to see how far they can gain market-share with little freedom in creativity. Marketing?? API / Driver development? Tuning against the latest game engines...etc.

If anything, native developments within China will be relegated to industrial and state use. I don't see much within the entertainment sector.

Me thinks that this is meant solely as a datacenter product, since it's competing against the A100 (which is also solely a datacenter product).

There's a lot more money to be earnt on DC instead of gaming, just look at nvidia's earnings and you'll see that most of they revenue comes from the professional market.

If they manage to built a reasonable software ecosystem around this product, and price it cheaper than nvidia offerings, they it might as well grab some of nvidia's market share (something that AMD nor Intel managed to do).

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

20 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Again if you looked into the foxconn issue they did actually get in trouble due to Chinese labor laws. Clearly you just don't like China. Also again that was foxconn while this is a different company. You can't blame one company for the faults of another company. How about you actually look at the company rather than make a random comparison to faxconn. 

If you take everything that the CCP's state-controlled-media says at face value...then you won't know any better, I suppose.