The most EXPENSIVE thing I own. (SPONSORED)

SeanLMG
1 hour ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Aris runs Cybenetics which is wildy implemented and featured on almost every PSU company website(unit page), and was mentioned in the ATX 3.0 guide by Intel as an official ceritifaction body in the same vein as 80plus. They're featured in marketing on youtube, they were featured in the Gamescom presentation from Asus, etc, ...

So yeah Aris is a direct competition to LTT Labs (if the Lab32 wants to certify stuff for PSU makers).

This is the main thing. I fail to see how LTT could ever possibly compete with reviewers with good experience, especially considering they don't seem to have the resources to develop and use testing programs other than the pre-packaged Chroma one

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

I see nothing wrong with this video. It's a piece of equipment for LTT labs. I think it's a good way to show the build up.

Titles for LTT videos are trending to being less informative for a while now. Looking at the LTT release section I can hardly tell what the topics are about since they don't have the thumbnail image.

Linus talked about this in the WAN show. He confirmed he sees it as a piece of equipment and not flexing, and that click bait brings in more money.

I feel someone mature needs to make a safety comment... Before you start making PSUs explode... Install a filtered fume hood.

Linus Tech doesn't have to follow a common understanding of how they present the facts.
I love to have a smile once in a while and then get back to my work as an engineer: 

Keep up the good work, I look forward to more on PSU, without people being blown away...

• 6 months later...
On 8/24/2022 at 10:13 AM, BuckGup said:

Why is the price of the equipment relevant? No one cares Linus has a lot of money and likes spending a lot of money. It's Linus Tech Tips, not Canadian man gloats to internet about spending money for clickbait to make more money. 

If the sole reason of clickbait is to increase revenue it's counterproductive as you always have to spend more to one up the previous claim. Otherwise it's the boy who cried wolf, if it's not that already. 

Youtubers like Mr. Beast can get away with using money as that's what his content revolves around. But it's just really weird if a company posted a job and used their $4M AC unit and $400k for repaving their parking lot as a selling point to get you to work there. It's the value it brings to you not the actual monetary value. 

I stumbled across this video this weekend and the content and the cost of the equipment are very relevant to my interests. The company I work for recently bought a Chroma 63600 load mainframe (there are two in the rack that Linus bought). Ours is filled with the dual-channel loads for a total of ten channels. We will be using this for battery testing. It's very interesting to see other uses for this equipment and how much a "real" setup costs. Also, when I made the purchase, I was on a tight schedule and didn't have time to really research vendors like Chroma vs. Kikusui, etc. This video was really the first true affirmation that Chroma is a legit player in the test and measurement world. I can't wait to see this instrument in use.

On 8/25/2022 at 2:52 AM, dhkatz said:

Yeah and most US homes have can have anywhere from 20-50 A receptacles for larger appliances. But your standard outlets will trip your standard fuses after 2-3 kW, that's what they are implying.

If you've watched the video you would've known they specifically mentioned Europe.
And since the 240V and 16A fuses are a standard 3000W isnt the median. 3600W is. But close enough.

And yes we also have other options. Hell i have get two phase 480V in my apartment if i wanted rated at up to 16A. (can double that if i needed, in an apartment...)
Other places can have 10 times that. But generally in Europe walk into a house and the groups are 16A and voltage is 240V.

(the 2 phase is for my cooker-stove-top/oven combo, also uses a special Perilex plug)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

• 1 month later...

I just came across this video many months later, please tell me there are more videos that go in depth on testing PSUs. I want to see what scope you got, what sort of ITA you built to interface the DUTs, how you developed the test code, etc. etc. etc. 

12 hours ago, -db- said:

I just came across this video many months later, please tell me there are more videos that go in depth on testing PSUs. I want to see what scope you got, what sort of ITA you built to interface the DUTs, how you developed the test code, etc. etc. etc. 

Yes there are video's but im not sure if those particular questions where answered.
I owuld have to search (low on time sorry) but you might find some answers looking for video's about or containing "the lab".

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!