Lord Szechenyi

Would you get an Intel ARC gpu?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you get an Intel ARC gpu?

• Yes (currently have Nvidia/AMD Gpu)
    • Yes (currently have IGPU)
    • No (currently have Nvidia/AMD Gpu)
    • No (currently have IGPU)

Everything I've read about Arc makes it uncompelling, for now. I'm open to buying one when things change (next gen, maybe?)

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Nope wouldn't touch it with a very long stick even.

Not until stuff is fixed. That and it's first gen product so either it's gonna stay broken, get fixed very late or gets abandoned/short life.

It really depends. I would definitely be interested in getting one just from an early adopter/hardware collection perspective, though whether I'd actually daily one would require one of two things

1. SR-IOV support
  2. Really good price to performance towards the high end. 

The second point is likely on the low end, around the 3060 level of performance, but since I game at 4K I want something about the performance tier of a 3080 or higher, not something that's likely to happen in the 1st or 2nd generation of Arc silicon. SR-IOV support is possible, and would be incredibly useful for running multiple different VMs with GPU acceleration without the need for Threadripper/Epyc and spending a fortune on GPUs, but right now it's a coin flip for if they'll enable that or not (if they do I'm camping out at Micro Center for an A780). 

I might still get one, if for nothing other than to just have one in my collection of GPUs (assuming I get it on sale/used for cheap), but it's not looking like I'd actually want to use one. 

They should add a HDMI input, drop the memory amount to 2 GB or whatever is cheaper and sell it as a $100 capture card capable of doing hardware AV1 and HEVC encoding.

They offer no compelling reason to be an early adopter. The only remotely interesting product in the lineup right now is the A380, and that's only for people left in desperation because AMD and Nvidia's respective entry-level GPU offerings are so wretchedly uninspired in their own ways. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16