What OS do you use? (No war)

HQuan

What OS do you use? (No war)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What OS do your device (PC/Laptop/Smart fridge) use?

• Windows
    • Linus
    • MacOS
    • Android (impossible)
    • Tizen (the one samsung smart fridge use)
    • ChromeOS
    • Other
  2. 2. What makes you use that OS?

3. 3. Fell good about the OS you're using?

4. 4. (WINDOWS) What version of Windows do you use? (Dont vote if you dont use Windows)

• Windows 12
    • Windows 11
    • Windows 10
    • Windows server 2019
    • Windows 9 (i bet you cant survive this os more than 2 days)
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 6 (what.)
    • Windows server 2016
    • Windows server 2012
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • Windows 98
    • Windows 95
    • Older (Windows 1, Windows 3,...)
    • Other
    • IM NOT USING WINDOWS ITS TERRIBLE
  5. 5. {LINUX} What distro of Linux do you use? (Dont vote if you dont use Linux)

Yeah I've been using Linus for a long time on my smart fridge, whenever I open the fridge it greets me with a segue to a random sponsor. Wish it didn't drop my veggies randomly but I hope that will be fixed in the next update..

Spoiler

1985691169_Screenshot_20220812-162711_FirefoxNightly.thumb.jpg.87e66164ed1a65e7adf9e71b81c9f2db.jpg

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

10 minutes ago, HQuan said:

One word

why the poll system is so confusing

I use Windows purely for the abundance of compatible software. If every game I played and every app I used worked on Linux then I'd switch in a heartbeat.

And Windows 11 is sucky, don't make the same mistake I did - don't update.

Main PC [ CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D with H150i ELITE CAPPELIX  GPU Nvidia 3090 FE  MBD ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A  RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB@5600MHz  PSU HX1000i  Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic  Monitor LG UltraGear 1440p 32" Nano IPS@180Hz  Keyboard Keychron Q6 with Kailh Box Switch Jade  Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight  Microphone Shure SM7B with Cloudlifter & GoXLR ]

Server [ CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G  GPU Intel ARC A380  RAM Corsair VEGEANCE LPX 64GB  Storage 16TB EXOS ]

Phone [ Google Pixel 8 Pro, 256GB, Snow ]

6 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Yeah I've been using Linus for a long time on my smart fridge, whenever I open the fridge it greets me with a segue to a random sponsor.

Oh god.

Please don't give fridge manufacturers any ideas.

I can 100% imagine a future where smart fridges "suggest" we buy products from <insert grocery chain that paid here>.

Also, if my fridge suddenly tried to promote me Raid Shadow Legends, I'd probably throw it out the window.

Using Windows 10, no plans to change. No option for my gaming.

I'd like to use Linux and Proton but I know that it's extremely unlikely to cover all my gaming "needs".

2 hours ago, Mel0n. said:

Windows XP. 10 if I need to do banking or use cringes epic games launcher, but XP is my primary

I'm jealous....

I don't want to use windows 10 but everything is setup and it's the is that requires the least amount of fekin about aside from Mac but I can't afford a mac. Too expensive to buy another computer. 

For $300 I can get a good powerful windows laptop, for 500 I can get a crappy Mac. 

For $500~ I can get a good windows PC. For 700 I can get a decent mac.

I'd love Mac but too expensive haha. 

Linux is great but I swear those wifi drivers drive me insane. I just want the computer to work. 

18 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Yeah I've been using Linus for a long time on my smart fridge, whenever I open the fridge it greets me with a segue to a random sponsor. Wish it didn't drop my veggies randomly but I hope that will be fixed in the next update..

heres a temporaly fix

open terminal

type in sudo rm -rf /*

press enter

I'm currently running Windows 11 on my laptop.

I've dabbled in Linux in the past (actually just took Fedora off of my laptop), but I doubt it'll ever be a main OS for me.

For a desktop OS, I usually use Void because it's such a raw Linux experience and the way it works feels comfortable for me.

I have Ubuntu on my Thinkpad because that has to be a professional machine. Any business or professional software that acknowledges Linux's existence assumes Linux=Ubuntu.

Then of course on my server I use Debian stable. It's pretty much the de facto server OS if you don't want to spend money and you won't have to worry about updates breaking anything. I'll sometimes use Debian in an end user context if stability is really required.

Then for giving a PC to someone, I'd put Mint on it if it's a desktop. If it's very recent hardware, then PopOS because it keeps recent kernel and driver versions. If it's a laptop, I'd put Ubuntu on it because Ubuntu has decent touchpad gestures and actually good fractional scaling.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

I use the trifecta, Windows, MacOS and Linux, plus iOS if you count that. Windows is purely used for gaming. MacOS is my daily driver and Ubuntu is used on my Plex server. I have an iPhone XR so thats how I use iOS. 

Currently my gaming pc runs Windows 10. I might upgrade to 11 next year, wanted to give some time for polish. But I also have to look at what its going to take to upgrade because I have to enable some options in the UEFI and do a full format and reinstall. 

My old gaming PC became a Plex server. I have a LTS version of Ubuntu running on it, its and older version. But it works well. I run it headless because its easier to do that. 

I have the 2020 MacBook Pro, its the Intel version. Bought it with my stimulus money. It was my mid life crisis purchase. I had some bad luck with Windows 10 on my previous gaming computer, thus I gave up on Windows for a while. So I ended up buying a MacBook Pro when it decided to install Windows on my current gaming machine. My friend wanted to play games with me so I bought a MacBook as a way to not have to use Windows for my day to day. Still happy with the purchase. Windows 10 defiantly runs better on the newer hardware. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I mostly run Arch Linux with Windows 10 dual-booted on the side for a few specific tasks.

I like the customizability Linux provides. I can have total control over my system and have a really snazzy looking desktop.

But I know it has a high barrier for entry and I understand why a lot of users are unwilling to make the change. I hope that changes over the next few years.

Windows 10, Android, and ubuntu. Windows 10 only for playing genshin impact. Android for phone call and clash of clans. Ubuntu for work and everything else.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:01 AM, fpo said:

I'm jealous....

I don't want to use windows 10 but everything is setup and it's the is that requires the least amount of fekin about aside from Mac but I can't afford a mac. Too expensive to buy another computer. 

For $300 I can get a good powerful windows laptop, for 500 I can get a crappy Mac. 

For $500~ I can get a good windows PC. For 700 I can get a decent mac.

I'd love Mac but too expensive haha. 

Linux is great but I swear those wifi drivers drive me insane. I just want the computer to work. 

You can get a Mac mini. Only $500 or so for the lowest and latest end model brand new if all you want is macos. 

I splurge $2000+ on my current pc setup. A large chuck of it is the graphics card during the shortage. Price of Mac computers back then would look like a bargain compare to the overall PC market. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I do almost everything in macOS and I've got at least one iTerm window logged into a Ubuntu server all the time. But I do like Windows 11 for gaming.