Asus might break Intel embargo. Also who is the biggest motherboard manufacturer? haha

BeardedCatZombie

http://news.softpedia.com/news/ASUS-to-Break-Intel-s-Embargo-and-Release-Z97-Motherboards-Ahead-of-Time-439468.shtml

Asus might release their boards earlier than intel wants either becoming the only z97 motherboards on the market for two weeks or forcing other boards to do it as well. Don't know how accurate the Intel is haha, I only was able to find two articles.

oh man, i wonder how mad intel would be if this happens, i dunno whats going to be but it wont be good

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

image.png

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Yeah I wonder how they would even react to that, just be like we don't want Asus boards anymore because you disobeyed us! Haha

That will be very controversial... Good or bad, i don't know...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

What could Intel do?

TP the Asus headquarters.

What could Intel do?

Absolutely nothing. ASUS is the largest motherboard manufacture in the world, by far. The only thing Intel could do is ask them nicely not to do it again. It would be like if Sapphire broke an embargo on a new AMD GPU. There would be nothing AMD could do about it.

i wont mind getting a ROG board before getting a CPU... it means i can get my build together than give it life...

Character artist in the Games industry.

Absolutely nothing. ASUS is the largest motherboard manufacture in the world, by far. The only thing Intel could do is ask them nicely not to do it again. It would be like if Sapphire broke an embargo on a new AMD GPU. There would be nothing AMD could do about it.

That's what I was thinking, it would be shooting themselves in the foot.

Who cares ! This whole situation with Intel is absolutely laughable.
Let me get this straight, Broadwell was slated for late 2013 release, that didn't happen, then it was delayed for the first half of 2014 and that didn't happen either.
Now we're told that Broadwell won't come until the second half of 2015 and we have to take these new "re-engineered" Haswell CPUs which are exactly the same as the already existing Haswell CPUs but with a thermal material that's slightly better than what Intel was slapping on its dies before which was absolute garbage basically.

Now Intel had the brilliant idea of releasing the new chipset to try and shove more Haswells down our throats because Broadwell never made it to market and is slated to launch 2 years after its original date.
And you're telling me that one board partner is releasing motherboards two weeks early ? who actually cares !? it's the same old crap dressed in a different gown.

CPU : i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz. GPU : MSI Lightning GTX 770 @ 1300mhz. 16GB 1600mhz RAM

oh man, i wonder how mad intel would be if this happens, i dunno whats going to be but it wont be good

I wonder since the other rumor was that the manufacturers asked intel to push the release back (not the other way around) so my guess is they managed to sandbag whoever wasn't getting their boards in time by asking Asus to break the release date.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Who cares ! This whole situation with Intel is absolutely laughable.

Let me get this straight, Broadwell was slated for late 2013 release, that didn't happen, then it was delayed for the first half of 2014 and that didn't happen either.

Now we're told that Broadwell won't come until the second half of 2015 and we have to take these new "re-engineered" Haswell CPUs which are exactly the same as the already existing Haswell CPUs but with a thermal material that's slightly better than what Intel was slapping on its dies before which was absolute garbage basically.

Now Intel had the brilliant idea of releasing the new chipset to try and shove more Haswells down our throats because Broadwell never made it to market and is slated to launch 2 years after its original date.

And you're telling me that one board partner is releasing motherboards two weeks early ? who actually cares !? it's the same old crap dressed in a different gown.

that a good point but i think intel delaying broadwell has more to do whit competition...

*cough*amd*cough*

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Nope. Foxxconn is the largest motherboard manufacturer in the world.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

that a good point but i think intel delaying broadwell has more to do whit competition...

*cough*amd*cough*

Intel's PC sales are going down just as fast as AMD's. They're do everything to save the sinking PC market and that meant releasing Broadwell on time which obviously didn't happen.

Wasn't the motherboard manufacturers the ones that convinced Intel to delay the Haswell refresh by a month? I'm confused right now...

Thats not true at all... asus is large but they are not the largest. Foxconn is. Do you know how many more cheap boards and OEM get sold over expenaive ones? Difference is quite large.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Well they would have a contract, so if ASUS breaks it, or threatens to break it, they can ask a court for an injunction (most likely), sue for compensation (less likely) or favour other board manufactures in future.

Thats not true at all... asus is large but they are not the largest. Foxconn is. Do you know how many more cheap boards and OEM get sold over expenaive ones? Difference is quite large.

In the PC motherboard business Asus is the largest, by far. Most of those OEM boards in pre-built computers are Asus boards. Before they were spun off Asus released those boards under the Pegatron or AsRock name. Asus still works with Pegatron to design and manufacture those cheap boards. Foxconn is by far a bigger company, but most of the PC mobos they do are for companies like EVGA or Sapphire who don't have the ability to make their own.

In the PC motherboard business Asus is the largest, by far. Most of those OEM boards in pre-built computers are Asus boards. Before they were spun off Asus released those boards under the Pegatron or AsRock name. Asus still works with Pegatron to design and manufacture those cheap boards. Foxconn is by far a bigger company, but most of the PC mobos they do are for companies like EVGA or Sapphire who don't have the ability to make their own.

most OEM boards are Foxconn board... foxconn makes most of the PCB other manufactures used as well.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

most OEM boards are Foxconn board... foxconn makes most of the PCB other manufactures used as well.

Can you back up that with proof? Last I heard most of the crap you find in Dell. HP, etc computers came from Asus or Pegatron and not Foxconn. I'm well the Foxconn is bigger when it comes to all PCBs but that's not really the focus of this topic is it?

If you forget about all the OEM boards foxconn make (I.E Dell, HP, Toshiba and Apple) then maybe you could argue that Asus have the most sales of individual boards.

Asus is rated by users as the best know brand of motherboards but they are not the largest manufacturer or seller by far.  In fact in the greater scheme of things they are a small company and their sales figures are only just ahead of gigabyte (5M to 4.9M).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Can you back up that with proof? Last I heard most of the crap you find in Dell. HP, etc computers came from Asus or Pegatron and not Foxconn. I'm well the Foxconn is bigger when it comes to all PCBs but that's not really the focus of this topic is it?

My HP microserver board is Foxconn.

I'm sure it varies though