How is the market right now for selling your old rig?

486DX Win3.1

How is the market right now for selling your old rig? 

I find it kind of terrible. I basically took a look at a rig that I'm selling and imagined what I would pay for all of the parts in it in "used but good" condition. After that I added it up and then knocked about 30% off the price of what I think it is "worth." 

I'm not trying to make ANY money on it really. I know that hardware depreciates like crazy, I'm not stupid.  I added a ton of RGB lighted stuff to make it look cooler. And my photos of it, they are all the cool RGB photos. I cleaned everything spotless. I mean, it's CLEAN. 

It's the lowest priced pc in it's class for class of components on craigslist, offerup, facebook marketplace ..... still. Still not even one single message of anyone being interested in it whatsoever. it's been about 2 weeks. 

Damm Bro... 😥😥😥

Selling a full PC can be difficult. A lot of the time you're better off selling it in parts, both in terms of the money you get for them and the speed at which they sell, though some parts like the PSU and (AIO) coolers can be a little harder to shift in my expeirence. Motherboards, GPUs and CPUs are pretty much always in high demand, as long as they're someone recent.

In terms of market pricing, now's actually the better time for buyers rather than sellers as prices, mostly for GPUs, have come back down to more normal levels for the most part.

What is the PC/parts ? If it's real old, more than 2/3 gens behind, don't expect much...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Selling a full PC can be difficult. A lot of the time you're better off selling it in parts, both in terms of the money you get for them and the speed at which they sell, though some parts like the PSU and (AIO) coolers can be a little harder to shift in my expeirence. Motherboards, GPUs and CPUs are pretty much always in high demand, as long as they're someone recent.

In terms of market pricing, now's actually the better time for buyers rather than sellers as prices, mostly for GPUs, have come back down to more normal levels for the most part.

I like it that GPU prices have settled somewhat. Online prices for GPUs are approaching reasonable, but where I live, in the local marketplace, people still think that an RX580 is worth $300 for some reason..... 

I know that the market is better for buyers right now, that's why I'm crazy low on my price, as I said in my intro. I'm gonna take my time I guess, see if I get any interest and if not. Well.... parts it is. 

People are always saying on youtube, "I can flip my PC in 3 days."  That's pretty much BS. 

4 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

What is the PC/parts ? If it's real old, more than 2/3 gens behind, don't expect much...

oh I am not expecting alot AT ALL. I think it's the lowest priced one on FB marketplace

5 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

It's 7th Gen Tech

If China goes to war (with Russian backing) with Taiwan including the entire Pacific, even 30 year old PC hardware will go up in value. At some point LTT will be forced to touch on this topic in preparation for "Plan B" in rig bui....err...maintaining!!!

29 minutes ago, StDragon said:

If China goes to war (with Russian backing) with Taiwan including the entire Pacific, even 30 year old PC hardware will go up in value. At some point LTT will be forced to touch on this topic in preparation for "Plan B" in rig bui....err...maintaining!!!

If any of that happens then there will be far worse things to worry about than high pc component prices

2 hours ago, PDifolco said:

It's about 7th gen stuff

5 hours ago, 486DX Win3.1 said:

It's about 7th gen stuff

That's it then because it was in the era of stagnant Intel domination and with nothing compatible anymore (DDR4 maybe, but should be slow...)

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones