Am I wasting my money?

jakkuh_t

I'm looking forward to seeing the space in person if I can get a Whale LAN ticket. The unreal renders look pretty great for a mock up.

Wow I don't think I appreciated the power of scripts before seeing that part of the LTT Autobench seems to have been run using Windows Powershell. I really feel like that learning about scripting is something that I really didn't learn in Uni but seems really powerful. Though kind of suprised they are just using powershell and not the Windows Terminal which allows for tabs.

I like how LTT is doing there own testing it creates more good quality testing but good for cross refrence with alot.

Also I feel like audio wise LTT is going to make it easier to make sense for common people.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Test automation is a nice rabbit hole at a lot of times. There is many levels to automation, and how far one should go is partly debatable.

Sometimes an all manual process is fastest. Usually if a lot of nuance and subtle finess is needed, and/or if one will handle little volume.

Sometimes making test jiggs is a good step forward, this is often useful if one will handle a bit of volume with little unit to unit alterations.

And sometimes going further in automation is required to keep up with volume.

But the main things holding one back is differences between units.

The keyboard tester is an adequate level of automation for the task, and some image recognition to quicken setup is also nice. Especially as the goal is to test a lot of keyboards. (hopefully a couple of units of each, since single samples don't say anything about a product.)

Though, I guess only time will tell how things develop in the test lab.

Personally I think it feels a bit off, but I lack the full picture so can't judge. (and everyone does things differently.)

Do we know how the ltt labs website will work? Two things I would want is compare system similar to userbenchmark, as well as a pcpartpicker replacement.

Suggestion: Have a LTT Labs Certification program and if it meets your standards, have a "Seal of Quality" emblem with a vector of a Marine Mammal that barks.

I thought Antony was their 1st full time "software engineer"?

9 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

I thought Antony was their 1st full time "software engineer"?

Not sure if you are joking or not, but Anthony's never been a Software Engineer he worked at Best Buy in GeekSquad before writing for LTT. I think Alex might have been their first hire who actually has an engineering uni degree.

Anthony and Jake though did a lot of IT for LTT, and Floatplane I believe has software engineers.

52 minutes ago, Jason Youngberg said:

as well as a pcpartpicker replacement.

PCpartpicker is for the most part great. There is zero value in them investing effort into duplicating resources that are already out there just for the sake of having one with an LTT logo on it. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Uh...so how are you planning on running whatever million keystrokes worth of repeatability testing?  And why are you reconfirming that ABS sucks for wear compared to PBT doubleshot?

These guys are going to crank out worthless tests to "make work" for themselves until eternity and they need steering from some form of management that isn't retarded.  Fuck's sake how many hours did that guy bill for the key latency thing when rtings already has data showing it's negligible for keyboards?

*wooosaaaaaa*  *wooosaaaaaa* calm down ....

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Name suggestion for the

Keyboard wear/tear tester: The CLICKERTRON.

Keyboard Input delay tester: Click-slammer

Keyboard force tester: LUKE use the Click [pun on Luke use the force]

-------

Will you guys "re"-test unique design "ergonomic" keyboards,

Like the ZSA moonlander, ergodox, kinesis advantage, or something like the X-bows keyboards [Lite, nature, Knight Knight+].

You also have the community made/designed custom keyboards.

https://github.com/help-14/mechanical-keyboard

----

If you go down the rabbit hole for even switches or other mods

[un-lubed, factory lubed, DIY lube-job, ain't enough lube yet [pumping switches full of lube to the point they overflow], and finally professionally lubed switches], then you need a additional "custom" boards just to test various switches, in various states. 

then there are switch/board upgrades will change the feel and typing experience

Like easy mods [on hot-swappable keyboards]

-phoron/foam/plastic pads below the switches.

-switch film [to decrease box wobble]

-spring mod [like changing keys you hit by accident to 150 gram heavy switches]

-stabilizer mods [swapping the stabilizers]

-keycaps [changing type of keycap, artisan, transparent, half transparent, and so on]

to even the more extreme from

-tape mods

- foam mod [foam below the keyboard]

to even full switch mods [which opens a even deeper rabbit hole]

example: 

-Boxes from a cherry blue switch

-stems from a gateron blue box switch

-click jacked from a outemu blue switch

- super light springs that can barely lift the keycap [20gram]

just to make a franken-switch, that only a select group would buy/create.  

----

----

For keyboard Wear tests, maybe also check out if its possible test to see if something like

Aluminum keycaps

Https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002982697401.html?

Https://aliexpress.com/item/32879768821.html?

Ceramic keyboard/keycaps

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cerakey/cerakey-the-first-keyboard-that-made-of-ceramic

Even various alternative keycaps. from cheap replacements to expensive "premium" keycaps

can wear out to the point they are no longer usable. 

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Regarding the bass with noise cancelling headphones, You have to take into account some headphones like the ones from Sony, Have a extra bass feature, When you turn that on, You will get more bass in the headphones, And you can even adjust the level of bass using the app that supports those headphones.

CPU: I9-9900k CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz Dual Channel Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master Soundcard: Sound BlasterX AE-7 Capture Card: Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Boot Drive: Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1TB SSD Storage Drives: WD BLACK SN750 NVME 1TB SSD WD Blue 1TB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2 WD Blue 500GB SSDs Blu-Ray Drive: Pioneer BDR-2207 Power Supply:  Seasonic PRIME 850 Platinum SSR-850PD 850W 80+ Platinum Case: Cooler Master HAF X OS: Windows 10 Pro

15 minutes ago, James Evens said:

"Good" data is worthless if you don't run basic statistical analysis on them or don't know how to visualize it.

i was talking about audio. there keyboard testing is werid

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

8 minutes ago, James Evens said:

@sub68 Actually not. That thing is powerful  if you have the software tools and understanding.

Difficult task with the current setup would be differentiating between keyboard deflection and switch variance.

6 hours ago, sub68 said:

I like how LTT is doing there own testing it creates more good quality testing but good for cross refrence with alot.

Also I feel like audio wise LTT is going to make it easier to make sense for common people.

I was talking about this part but IDK I am bad at communatating

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Does anyone know how they mapped out the warehouse and did a walk around? I know it's unreal engine 5. Do they use AR scanning tool? No idea if it even it is a thing. 

I really would like to know. 

23 minutes ago, Maj56 said:

Does anyone know how they mapped out the warehouse and did a walk around? I know it's unreal engine 5. Do they use AR scanning tool? No idea if it even it is a thing. 

I really would like to know. 

You'd probably have to ask the guy who made it but I imagine that it might have been from a combination of maybe walking through it, as well as just the papers that LMG probably has from proposals and what not on how it would be renovated. Since good contractors would give proper dimensions which would make it a lot easier to recreate.

Look into the Voron 2.4R2, the mechanical design behind it I think would work great for your keycap pressing device. I have one at my workplace I put together and it's accuracy is amazing.

Please release the UE5 LAB2 files 😄

Are you planning to open the source code? I'm a software engineer and I wouldn't mind contributing to the codebase (review code, fix issues, improve UI...)

You have a large and dedicated community. With a little bit of coordination from the Lab, the community could really help build better tools for you.

Hello,

I see you are looking for a robot arm. What about a Canadian made robot arm? I work for a company called Kinova. We build robot arms. And they are really made in Canada.

I've sent your video to our marketing team. They will probably reach out to you.

I see you are looking at a "Universal Robot" in your latest video. Our brand new "Link 6" robot is a direct competitor to the UR5 robot. We also have smaller/cheaper robots.

I am pretty sure the marketing team would be very happy to see our new Link 6 in your next videos. We'll see.

Until then, you can have a look at what we do right here: https://www.kinovarobotics.com/

Regards.

Yannick Asselin