Is My Ryzen 5 5600X too hot? idle temperature is 56-63C? and if I open a browser and couple tabs it gets to 64-73C

zaidh99

So a couple days ago I installed this new process (from Ryzen 3 1300x) so now my setup using the same cooling fan my old CPU used, Wraith Stealth Cooler on Ryzen 5 5600x with GPU 1660 SUPER, motherboard B350 F
And the case is Xigmatek Hawthorn,
I think as I installed the temperature was fine? I wasn't too focused on it, but then I started checking since I want to make sure I put the right amount of thermal paste, a friend pointed out it might be a fake one, it seemed legit and as far as I can check it was legit (Arctic MX-4), I wanted to check what the temperature get to while playing Rainbow six siege and it got to 88C max.

recapping couple of things; 1)the thermal paste might be an issue?    2)The fan used seems running well?
3)I turned off PBO from Ryzen master,      4)I also reset my MSI afterburner changes to make sure I am not putting too much load on my CPU yet no improvement,
5)Is the case too small?
I will post couple of info hopefully any is helpful for you guys to help me, cause now I am not playing just staring at what could be wrong.
image.png.e20c4df98eb801cc6fe108f7e56251b7.png  here is my CPU temp recorded

image.png.03ebc01d8c19596f747262dbe061d9bf.png  And these CPU info hopefully all needed for my case? Any more info you need I will try to post if you ask for it  
(core voltage jumped to 1.373V as I am posting this?)

image.png.a1f71f4466b5dddbbc79c5cd1496553e.pngI saw these suggestions on reddit just not sure how good they are to go with, what do you guys think?

If it matters its around 30C in the room, it feels hotter 

Just now, zaidh99 said:

If it matters its around 30C in the room, it feels hotter 

Ryzens do fluctuate a bit and ambient temp does make a difference. My 5900X idles at 38-42C from cold boot, but once run hard, tends to fluctuate between 38-46C, sometimes hovering around 48-50C, ambient temp depending. That said, the 5600X is said to be fine with a stock Wraith cooler, and while it serves the purpose, it will run hotter than it will with an aftermarket cooler.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

The wraith stealth cooler is not a very good cooler, so expect the temps to be on the high side compared to what other people on the internet are reporting. But the temps are still fine, I think Zen 3 can go to 100°C before it starts throttling. I managed to push my 5600G to 96°C at over 160W power consumption and it didn't throttle. 

Just look at some reviews and figure out if your CPU performs as it should. If you see low performance, then you need to be worried.

Oh, on another note -- 5600X is safe to 95C at full load. 5800X / 5900X / 5950X are safe to 90C at full load. So 96 was pushing it, but more or less within limits.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

29 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

And the case is Xigmatek Hawthorn,

Doesn't look like that case has good airflow. When I look it up, I see no vents. 0. Try removing the side panel, that should tell if it's an airflow issue, which I'm pretty sure it is.

While ambient temps affect the temp of your components, it shouldn't be that bad.

@An0maly_76 @GuiltySpark_ @Alvin853 The temp on the apps for the city is 27, inside the house is way hotter, so 30 is safe bet and the humidity is 50% 
tbh I kinda forgot what temps my old cpu got to but I dont remember it being that high

Do you think I should change my thermal paste? I am honestly lost to what to do, I recently bought it I am not looking to play any games and have it break on me. Buying a better fan could be possible but that seems expensive. Is the case okay? 

16 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

The wraith stealth cooler is not a very good cooler, so expect the temps to be on the high side compared to what other people on the internet are reporting. But the temps are still fine, I think Zen 3 can go to 100°C before it starts throttling. I managed to push my 5600G to 96°C at over 160W power consumption and it didn't throttle. 

Just look at some reviews and figure out if your CPU performs as it should. If you see low performance, then you need to be worried.

From this video the stock fan seemed to put similar temperature during Cinebench 

So I think its a fan "problem"? and tbh I am dying myself from the heat here 

image.thumb.png.3f877b4788afa78daa518a176598daef.png

4 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Doesn't look like that case has good airflow. When I look it up, I see no vents. 0. Try removing the side panel, that should tell if it's an airflow issue, which I'm pretty sure it is.

While ambient temps affect the temp of your components, it shouldn't be that bad. When I ran my 10400F (similar heat to 5600X) with stock cooler (way worse than AMD's one) and the ambient temps are above 30 it never went above 70.

The case does look too closed to me but there is a "vent" up top and from the back with a fan
The three fans upfront are a bit stupid imo? It sealed with a plastic panel if you noticed that?
I will try to remove the side panel again but I didnt notice much of a difference tbh 

Should I unironically put a fan near the PC?

2 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

@An0maly_76 @GuiltySpark_ @Alvin853 The temp on the apps for the city is 27, inside the house is way hotter, so 30 is safe bet and the humidity is 50% 
tbh I kinda forgot what temps my old cpu got to but I dont remember it being that high

Do you think I should change my thermal paste? I am honestly lost to what to do, I recently bought it I am not looking to play any games and have it break on me. Buying a better fan could be possible but that seems expensive. Is the case okay? 

Your CPU doesn't care if it runs at 90°C or 70°C, unless you're experiencing problems, you don't need to do anything. If you are experiencing problems, the first thing would be grab an aftermarket CPU cooler. Even in a bad airflow case a basic aftermarket cooler performs much better than the stock coolers.

4 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

Your CPU doesn't care if it runs at 90°C or 70°C, unless you're experiencing problems, you don't need to do anything. If you are experiencing problems, the first thing would be grab an aftermarket CPU cooler. Even in a bad airflow case a basic aftermarket cooler performs much better than the stock coolers.

Maybe a silly question but do you have an idea if opening the side and front panel of the pc helps? Xigmatek Built-In USB 3.0 Hawthorn Midi Tower Gaming Case - Black | EN9535  | AYOUB COMPUTERS | LEBANON

Xigmatek-Hawthorn-EN9535-Mid-Tower-Kasa--92e5.jpg

I assume all my CPU settings are fine since noone commented on them? I should check the air flow, clear the case panels
And if it persists change the cpu fan? And maybe check the thermal paste?

I'm not sure if 5000 series still does this but back in the og ryzen days the temps reported weren't actually accurate (source: https://www.eteknix.com/amd-ryzen-temperature-reporting-is-wrong/)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

2 minutes ago, Mo5 said:

I'm not sure if 5000 series still does this but back in the og ryzen days the temps reported weren't actually accurate (source: https://www.eteknix.com/amd-ryzen-temperature-reporting-is-wrong/)

Tbh I just feel lost rn with what to do so I might wait till tomorrow and reapply thermal paste or go to a PC store and check with them. I do like playing games and not sure how healthy it is to keep on playing games with 90C temp, but I guess with everyone saying its fine it should be fine 

10 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

Tbh I just feel lost rn with what to do so I might wait till tomorrow and reapply thermal paste or go to a PC store and check with them. I do like playing games and not sure how healthy it is to keep on playing games with 90C temp, but I guess with everyone saying its fine it should be fine 

double check with a few other programs to see if the temps match up... HWMONITOR would probably be a good start

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

7 minutes ago, Mo5 said:

double check with a few other programs to see if the temps match up... HWMONITOR would probably be a good start

Oh I did check with multiple programs the temperatures are high, for example Fall guys just opening it in the main screen its 80C

Well.. 30c ambient, easy bake oven case, AMD box cooler.. its understandable why the CPU is having a hard time. My 5600X idles in the mid to upper 20s, and loads under 80. PBO is set to 4800MHz. But.. its not 30c in my  house.. The AC is set to 75.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

@zaidh99 I know in DM you were asking about my 5600x temps with Cinebench. Just finished the multicore test and highest peak was 72 across any core, die, package, really anything CPU related.  I do have the Corsair h100i AIO, which is admittedly way overkill for the 5060x, but even when I was running the Hyper 212 tower cooler, I was averaging around 75. You can grab a relatively cheap tower cooler online, and if you can get the front glass off the case, that would make a big difference.

The case/chassis you are using has 3x fans in the front....but they are completely useless.

Because there a big piece of glass / acrylic over them...with ZERO ventilation.

Yes, remove the side panel and see if you notice any temperature change -- if you do, then case airflow is part of the problem.

Understand The 5600X is a helluva a lot more CPU than a 1300X.

If you are using the same cooler, same setup, it will run warmer.

Plus, 30*C ambient.

Most reviewers have a controlled (air condition lab, etc)...for 20*C / 22*C / 24*C ambient.

If they are seeing 70*C in 20*C ambient, expect 80*C (+10*C) in 30*C (+10*C) ambient.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Thanks a bunch everyone really amazing community and helps in these hard times loll

I took the front panel *for the first time* I will try to remove plastic part and leave the frame 

if that doesnt help I will get a better cooler and check the thermal paste

Well here is the case rn (extra picture, I might have applied a bit too much force on the clippers heh)

I will run it and update here how it goes thanks again!

1707736923_PNGimage.png

Also I want to ask if this cooler any good? Or is it the one I need? I have 0 knowledge about cpu coolers any help would be appreciated 

FFE68851-F172-4210-8FA3-DBC9E67A5282.jpeg

@mike_seps

would directing a fan onto the case be bad or good for it? Or should I just point it around