Is My Ryzen 5 5600X too hot? idle temperature is 56-63C? and if I open a browser and couple tabs it gets to 64-73C

zaidh99

Yes, opening side and front panel will help. But to be honest, OP, you really need to get the ambient temp down, not just for the sake of your equipment, but for your own sake. It's not healthy to be in heat like that constantly. Being autistic with heat sensitivity and sensory processing disorder, I would die at 30C. Invest in at least a good window air conditioner for that room.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

43 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

Also I want to ask if this cooler any good? Or is it the one I need? I have 0 knowledge about cpu coolers any help would be appreciated 

FFE68851-F172-4210-8FA3-DBC9E67A5282.jpeg

That cooler is considered pretty good, but the price is a little high, usually you can get similar performance with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2 or an Arctic Freezer 34/35 for cheaper, depends on your local prices and what options you have available. But the Hyper 212 is not a bad choice, if you like how it looks and it's in your budget, go for it.

54 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

Well here is the case rn (extra picture, I might have applied a bit too much force on the clippers heh)

I will run it and update here how it goes thanks again!

1707736923_PNGimage.png

With the front now open, you can probably close the side panel. Right now most of the air coming in through the front is probably going straight out the side. What are your temps like now?

Well I just got a confirmation that the thermal paste I used is a fake one, thanks all for the help, the openning case was pretty helpful the idle temperature went down by a good amount, low load is still high temp. I will get the thermal paste changed  and of course the case open

34 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Yes, opening side and front panel will help. But to be honest, OP, you really need to get the ambient temp down, not just for the sake of your equipment, but for your own sake. It's not healthy to be in heat like that constantly. Being autistic with heat sensitivity and sensory processing disorder, I would die at 30C. Invest in at least a good window air conditioner for that room.

The fan I have in the room get my eyes dry 😅 But thanks for the advice I will see what I can do

Just now, zaidh99 said:

The fan I have in the room get my eyes dry 😅 But thanks for the advice I will see what I can do

Fans do nothing for ambient temperature, they just make it feel a bit cooler. Trust me, 10C difference in ambient temp will make a world of difference. My 5900X was (currently down due to board issues) maintaining reasonable temps with a case that has reduced airflow over others, and I noticed those temps did spike a bit if ambient temp got much above 25C. Of course, my 5900X is a 105W TDP chip that most have stated actually generates more like 200W TDP, and my RTX3060ti seems to be a furnace all its own as well.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

30 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

That cooler is considered pretty good, but the price is a little high, usually you can get similar performance with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2 or an Arctic Freezer 34/35 for cheaper, depends on your local prices and what options you have available. But the Hyper 212 is not a bad choice, if you like how it looks and it's in your budget, go for it.

Its honestly not within my budget, at first I thought there is something really wrong and I had to get it so  I thought I am better off getting anything, and thats the cheapest I found in the store I trust, I will look for other options thanks!

With the front now open, you can probably close the side panel. Right now most of the air coming in through the front is probably going straight out the side. What are your temps like now?

Now it idles at 45 which is pretty good and goes as low as 40, but then using browser or anything can make it jump to inbetween 60 and 70 and then drops down
So considering this should I still close the side panel?  I can do "trial and error" and see how it goes while its running 

And considering that the thermal paste is apparently fake, reapplying a original one should solve this issue right?

1 hour ago, zaidh99 said:

Also I want to ask if this cooler any good? Or is it the one I need? I have 0 knowledge about cpu coolers any help would be appreciated 

FFE68851-F172-4210-8FA3-DBC9E67A5282.jpeg

Hyper 212 is a good tower cooler.

It wouldn't hurt to point the fat at the case until you get the new cooler installed

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Fans do nothing for ambient temperature, they just make it feel a bit cooler. Trust me, 10C difference in ambient temp will make a world of difference. My 5900X was (currently down due to board issues) maintaining reasonable temps with a case that has reduced airflow over others, and I noticed those temps did spike a bit if ambient temp got much above 25C. Of course, my 5900X is a 105W TDP chip that most have stated actually generates more like 200W TDP, and my RTX3060ti seems to be a furnace all its own as well.

Its just not much I can do at this time but I will look to available options and take this more seriously

4 minutes ago, mike_seps said:

Hyper 212 is a good tower cooler.

It wouldn't hurt to point the fat at the case until you get the new cooler installed

Did you see that the thermal paste was apparently a fake one?

Just now, zaidh99 said:

Did you see that the thermal paste was apparently a fake one?

That's new for me, the thermal paste being fake. Interesting.

image.png.1b923b268e2160408f93c82336a90a65.png

I found this fan and its much cheaper, not sure how good or better that is than AMD stock cooler. Has anyone heard of this ?

7 minutes ago, mike_seps said:

That's new for me, the thermal paste being fake. Interesting.

Yeah my friend did tell me, but didnt know how to verify it I contacted Arctic and they helped me and apparently its fake. 
and my friend told me changing the fake thermal paste he had made a huge difference so I guess I will go change that and see how my pc is performing 

11 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

image.png.1b923b268e2160408f93c82336a90a65.png

I found this fan and its much cheaper, not sure how good or better that is than AMD stock cooler. Has anyone heard of this ?

Top down coolers are usually not cooling very well, there's a reason high end air coolers all use the tower design. It might perform slightly better than the stock cooler, but it's mostly a waste of money if you already have a stock cooler. 

4 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

Top down coolers are usually not cooling very well, there's a reason high end air coolers all use the tower design. It might perform slightly better than the stock cooler, but it's mostly a waste of money if you already have a stock cooler. 

Okay then I will stick with changing the thermal paste and then go from there

With opening the case and keeping the side closed I am reaching 80C during R6 gameplay, which is about ~8 degrees less 
I think I will get a fan later, and just change the thermal paste for now

4 hours ago, zaidh99 said:

Sure, that would work.

What are load temps with the current cooler? As long as those aren't too high, a new cooler wouldn't be necessary.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

my 5900X is a 105W TDP chip that most have stated actually generates more like 200W TDP

I can squeeze off 235w PPT with PBO.. 105w is at a static 3700 I think.

A better case and fans would do wonders for OP.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Sure, that would work.

What are load temps with the current cooler? As long as those aren't too high, a new cooler wouldn't be necessary.

Opening front panel and a better temp today it reached 82C during r6 gameplay 

24 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I can squeeze off 235w PPT with PBO.. 105w is at a static 3700 I think.

A better case and fans would do wonders for OP.

Just wished I wouldn't need to pay 45JDs which is (63$) but I just didn't think about a cooling problem before

i will do the necessary for my new cpu to thrive I guess

6 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

82c during load is fine. The 5600x throttles at 95c.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

82c during load is fine. The 5600x throttles at 95c.

Even if it spikes to around 70 while just browsing ?

Just now, zaidh99 said:

Even if it spikes to around 70 while just browsing ?

Yes, that's fine and not abnormal considering the ambient temps.

34 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, that's fine and not abnormal considering the ambient temps.

Oh yeah about ambient temp its for sure above 25 but dont think it reaches that high now its like 27C most of the time

I will the thermal paste just to be safe for the near future thanks all again

4 hours ago, zaidh99 said:

So yes, the fully covered front panel was having a negative (bad) impact on System/CPU temperatures.

The next step, a better CPU cooler should drop the CPU temperature + noise down.

Do you have a website / store you buy from?

We can check the retailer(s) you have access to in your region.

Because different country / region / currency will have different prices.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

4 hours ago, -rascal- said:

So yes, the fully covered front panel was having a negative (bad) impact on System/CPU temperatures.

The next step, a better CPU cooler should drop the CPU temperature + noise down.

Do you have a website / store you buy from?

We can check the retailer(s) you have access to in your region.

Because different country / region / currency will have different prices.

The one I trust the most and buy everything from is CityCenter I live in Jordan if you want to check something else there is oriental store  and they have both have a site  I always prefer and use citycenter for the better prices and they never let me down with their products nor warranty 

thanks for the help! Really nice of you