Is My Ryzen 5 5600X too hot? idle temperature is 56-63C? and if I open a browser and couple tabs it gets to 64-73C

zaidh99
Just now, zaidh99 said:

The one I trust the most and buy everything from is CityCenter I live in Jordan if you want to check something else there is oriental store  and they have both have a site  I always prefer and use citycenter for the better prices and they never let me down with their products nor warranty 

thanks for the help! Really nice of you

They only have 212 which I think I will go with later on, cause I just spent money on cpu, for now I will take the recommendation and bookmark the item, and probably change the fake thermal paste with original one from their store

1 hour ago, zaidh99 said:

They only have 212 which I think I will go with later on, cause I just spent money on cpu, for now I will take the recommendation and bookmark the item, and probably change the fake thermal paste with original one from their store

I used Hyper 212 LED turbo edition on my 5600x back then.
Took off 1 of the fans due to noise when it has 2 fans installed, I forgot my temp back then, but considering nothing made me go "wtf" back then, even when playing something like Halo Infinite, it must've been fine.

I used NT-H1 paste, Arctic MX-4 is on par with it.
Airflow case

My ambient is lower than yours though.
My guess is your fake MX-4 (I assume it's MX-4, since it's the one with most fake ones) messed things up.

About that xigmatek top-down cooler you linked, I advise against it.
At least with the Hyper 212 if the fan broke you can just grab a 120mm PWM fan from whichever brand and slap it on the cooler.
Do check your case cooler height clearance first.

If by CityCenter you mean : citycenter.jo
DeepCool Gammax 400 xt is a cheaper option if they can restock soon. Should be on par with the Hyper 212
Or you can go with more expensive DeepCool AK620, overkill, but on par with the usual king Noctua NH-D15

Video :

Spoiler

Take the Gammax 400 XT review with a grain of salt, since it's not from the usual reputable reviewers.

If it's about standard air cooler, don't be too paranoid to buy from other place.
As long the fan is working fine, contact plate is not mangled, and the mounting kits you need are included. They'll work.

About the front cover :

Spoiler

If you have a drill & a step-drill bit, you can drill some holes on the plastic/acrylic front cover.
(If you wanna use it)
Standard drill bit gonna make the plastic crack.
Just a cheap Step-drill bit should do. Go slow with the drill speed.

Alternatively you can grab a big enough round metal, heat it, and then puncture the cover slowly with it. 🙂
Like a 5mm-10mm diameter old phillips screwdriver.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

27 minutes ago, zaidh99 said:

What makes you think the paste is fake? The cooler should already come with decent paste. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

I used Hyper 212 LED turbo edition on my 5600x back then.
Took off 1 of the fans due to noise when it has 2 fans installed, I forgot my temp back then, but considering nothing made me go "wtf" back then, even when playing something like Halo Infinite, it must've been fine.

I used NT-H1 paste, Arctic MX-4 is on par with it.
Airflow case

My ambient is lower than yours though.
My guess is your fake MX-4 (I assume it's MX-4, since it's the one with most fake ones) messed things up.

About that xigmatek top-down cooler you linked, I advise against it.
At least with the Hyper 212 if the fan broke you can just grab a 120mm PWM fan from whichever brand and slap it on the cooler.
Do check your case cooler height clearance first.

If by CityCenter you mean : citycenter.jo
DeepCool Gammax 400 xt is a cheaper option if they can restock soon. Should be on par with the Hyper 212
Or you can go with more expensive DeepCool AK620, overkill, but on par with the usual king Noctua NH-D15

Video :

Reveal hidden contents

Take the Gammax 400 XT review with a grain of salt, since it's not from the usual reputable reviewers.

If it's about standard air cooler, don't be too paranoid to buy from other place.
As long the fan is working fine, contact plate is not mangled, and the mounting kits you need are included. They'll work.

About the front cover :

Hide contents

If you have a drill & a step-drill bit, you can drill some holes on the plastic/acrylic front cover.
(If you wanna use it)
Standard drill bit gonna make the plastic crack.
Just a cheap Step-drill bit should do. Go slow with the drill speed.

Alternatively you can grab a big enough round metal, heat it, and then puncture the cover slowly with it. 🙂
Like a 5mm-10mm diameter old phillips screwdriver.

You are awesome dude, I will look into it, yeah the thermal paste is arctic mx-4 I was surprised it was cheap but didnt think someone would fake it but I guess I am naïve 

and for the case yup the front panel is open side closed and it really dropped the idle temp by like about 10-15C and thats great and the under load(R6) by like 8C and other games dropped it by like 5-10C 

I will change the paste for it to be more stable and last longer and doesnt effect my cpu, I will save up for a cooler and ask if they will restock the cooler you suggested

and btw about the front panel apparently the frame goes off then I pick off the plastic off of it here is a look if you are interested 93018789-B954-4C74-92DB-70A56EC83D8F.thumb.jpeg.63e768c5eed9665092476de2c50dfdd4.jpeg

so the whole issue is/was bad case overflow with it closed, bad thermal paste, and it was a hot day and also that ryzen 5 5600x would appreciate a better cooler

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What makes you think the paste is fake? The cooler should already come with decent paste. 

Well I only upgraded my cpu and it was tray so just the cpu piece no fan, and the arctic mx 4 2019 has a contest with QR code you scan it enter the info (even tho the contest is over) it will tell you if the product is fake or not( confirmed by arctic support)

I was planning on posting about it spread awareness 

An update for anyone visiting this later or for anyone interested
The problem wasnt the thermal paste, I changed to an original one and good brand (grizzly) I didnt notice a better temp but still spikes high (To 60-70 without a game running) or stays on 44C idle 

Main problems is the Ambient temperature and the fact where I love and no AC is a big problem for a CPU like that, the front panel for my case was killing it so it was the biggest improvement taking it off, AND finally Ryzen 5 5600x is way better off with an aftermarket(3rd party whatever you wanna call it) cooler than the AMD stock one. 
I will be looking for new air coolers added in the store and upgrade later! Thanks all for the help and information it was really helpful 

2 hours ago, zaidh99 said:

An update for anyone visiting this later or for anyone interested
The problem wasnt the thermal paste, I changed to an original one and good brand (grizzly) I didnt notice a better temp but still spikes high (To 60-70 without a game running) or stays on 44C idle 

Main problems is the Ambient temperature and the fact where I love and no AC is a big problem for a CPU like that, the front panel for my case was killing it so it was the biggest improvement taking it off, AND finally Ryzen 5 5600x is way better off with an aftermarket(3rd party whatever you wanna call it) cooler than the AMD stock one. 
I will be looking for new air coolers added in the store and upgrade later! Thanks all for the help and information it was really helpful 

Well. If it's the usual quality of fake MX-4, the problem it entails gonna show up sooner or later anyway (usually separation or premature hardening), so it's better that it's detected sooner too.

But yeah, many peoples here been screaming about the ambient temp as well as the front panel cover.

My advise is to just buy a really cheap one for now (or just use the AMD cooler) & bear with it for awhile. (As long it stays under 95c under load, it's within thermal threshold)
Then buy a good quality ones once you have enough money.  As long the contact plate & pipes are fine, and the fans are easily replacable, Air coolers basically lasts forever. So good reliable quality air cooler is a good investment, for future upgrade as well.

And like I said in previous post, if you want to put back the front cover & side cover for debris protection, etc, and want better air flow with it installed, there's always the DIY route.
Stretched old pantyhose/stocking is a cheap dust/debris filter.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 hour ago, Poinkachu said:

Well. If it's the usual quality of fake MX-4, the problem it entails gonna show up sooner or later anyway (usually separation or premature hardening), so it's better that it's detected sooner too.

But yeah, many peoples here been screaming about the ambient temp as well as the front panel cover.

My advise is to just buy a really cheap one for now (or just use the AMD cooler) & bear with it for awhile. (As long it stays under 95c under load, it's within thermal threshold)
Then buy a good quality ones once you have enough money.  As long the contact plate & pipes are fine, and the fans are easily replacable, Air coolers basically lasts forever. So good reliable quality air cooler is a good investment, for future upgrade as well.

And like I said in previous post, if you want to put back the front cover & side cover for debris protection, etc, and want better air flow with it installed, there's always the DIY route.
Stretched old pantyhose/stocking is a cheap dust/debris filter.

Yeah they told me they are restocking mid August or so, so I will wait for that

and for the panels considering I broke the front one lol I will keep it off and it looks nice 😛 Thanks a ton tho, you are great