"Designer" case suggestions

supRac

I'm moving to a new apartment next month and I'm looking to get a new ATX case for my PC. This time I am looking to get something white and more elegant than my current Corsair 400C Clear.

Can you guys recommend me any cool and elegant cases that fall into more of a "designer" aesthetic Something like the HYTE Y60. I would really want to see what kind of cases you have.

Just now, emosun said:

I built a client machine using one of these recently and it was pretty good. I like it because the tempered glass itself is backed with white paint instead of black making it much better looking

https://www.newegg.com/white-lian-li-o11-dynamic-evo-atx-mid-tower/p/2AM-000Z-00094?Item=2AM-000Z-00094

That looks really nice, although not a big fan of RGB but I assume it can be disabled?

Really considering this, thanks for the suggestion.

I'm using the Air version of the PC-O11 and yes it's indeed a baller case. Got my AIO up front with a 92 on the rear and 120's on top. It's more suited for water cooling though.

1 minute ago, supRac said:

That looks really nice, although not a big fan of RGB but I assume it can be disabled?

Really considering this, thanks for the suggestion.

yeah it's literally just a button on the front panel and can be turned off. you can also just pick a solid color to leave it on , no software or anything

oh , and it's hard to tell from the promotional material , but the entire case can be reconfigured and flipped upside down so the window and components can be on either side of the case which is a cool feature they should market better.

3 minutes ago, Motifator said:

I'm using the Air version of the PC-O11 and yes it's indeed a baller case. Got my AIO up front with a 92 on the rear and 120's on top. It's more suited for water cooling though.

Don't have water cooling but if I get this I'll probably get water cooling too.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

yeah it's literally just a button on the front panel and can be turned off. you can also just pick a solid color to leave it on , no software or anything

Seems promising, do you have water cooling?

4 minutes ago, supRac said:

Don't have water cooling but if I get this I'll probably get water cooling too.

Seems promising, do you have water cooling?

that machine was water cooled but you can aircool it. it has 10 120mm fan spots so i'm pretty sure you'll have enough airflow for anything. I use a regular 011 dynamic and it's all aircooled with a threadripper pro in it and only needs 6 fans.

I've been eyeing the Fractal Design Torrent, especially the compact and miniITX one.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

4 minutes ago, venomtail said:

I've been eyeing the Fractal Design Torrent, especially the compact and miniITX one.

I was having a look at that after watching some Youtube videos, definitely elegant. Thanks!

1 minute ago, supRac said:

I was having a look at that after watching some Youtube videos, definitely elegant. Thanks!

There's also the new Lancool 3 OTW, it's probably the better jack of trades than these.

10 minutes ago, supRac said:

I'm moving to a new apartment next month and I'm looking to get a new ATX case for my PC. This time I am looking to get something white and more elegant than my current Corsair 400C Clear.

Can you guys recommend me any cool and elegant cases that fall into more of a "designer" aesthetic Something like the HYTE Y60. I would really want to see what kind of cases you have.

If money is no object some of InWin's signature line of cases look amazing and could easily been viewed as an art piece.

For a reasonably priced case that has good overall hardware support and airflow look no further than the Fractal meshify 2 compact or if you don't mind a slightly overused (but for good reason) case that uses sfx / sfx l psus the lian li o11 dynamic mini (supports atx and even an nhd15). Also have a look at some of Lian Li's other variations of the case such as the o11 dynamic evo and the o11 dynamic mini air 😄 (not sure about psu size etc so you'll have to read the specs)

Another interesting choice could be the corsair 570x crystal in white (all glass case) which, while is an older case, still has good hardware support and upgrades for the front IO so it keeps up with modern standards. You could also consider the tower case by Thermaltake which kind of looks like an arcade machine but, it is unique xD

If I think of any others ill update the post xd, it's been a while since I've looked at cases. Hope this helps! 

Lex.

26 minutes ago, Motifator said:

There's also the new Lancool 3 OTW, it's probably the better jack of trades than these.

Sources? I'd be very interested in this. The Lancool 2 is a great case in all rights, but lacks the visual appeal the O11D and its evolutions have, coupled with in most cases similar-ish performance when fully tuned. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Sources? I'd be very interested in this. The Lancool 2 is a great case in all rights, but lacks the visual appeal the O11D and its evolutions have, coupled with in most cases similar-ish performance when fully tuned. 

It's a new design that's full tower and pretty solid actually, price is good too:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/lian-li-lancool-3/

10 minutes ago, Motifator said:

It's a new design that's full tower and pretty solid actually, price is good too:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/lian-li-lancool-3/

Thanks; Been doing research for about half an hour now since I made that comment.

Calling it a new design is a bit of a stretch. The only advantage I see to this case over the Lancool 2 Mesh is if you want to use 140mm fans for larger radiators.  Currently on Amazon you can get the L2M Type-C RGB version for $130 USD, while the RGB versions of the L3 are $160 and $170 for black and white. 

Actual differences for builders:

L2M                 L3

CPU Clearance (mm)

176                 185

GPU Clearance (mm)

384                 420

Max 2.5" HDD/SSD

9                      12

PCI-E Slots

7                       8

To me, they made a bigger version of the L2M, and didnt really push any boundaries like they did with the Lancoool 1, to 2, to 2 Mesh. Even the EATX clearance is the same on a case that's considerably bigger. Most users dont need larger than 174mm tower coolers, more than 8 SSD locations or 7 PCI-E slots, so really the Lancool 3 is targeted at watercoolers (which the O11D is a more attractive option anyways) or the "Bigger is better so I can fit my hands in it" crowd. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Thanks; Been doing research for about half an hour now since I made that comment.

Calling it a new design is a bit of a stretch. The only advantage I see to this case over the Lancool 2 Mesh is if you want to use 140mm fans for larger radiators.  Currently on Amazon you can get the L2M Type-C RGB version for $130 USD, while the RGB versions of the L3 are $160 and $170 for black and white. 

Actual differences for builders:

L2M                 L3

CPU Clearance (mm)

176                 185

GPU Clearance (mm)

384                 420

Max 2.5" HDD/SSD

9                      12

PCI-E Slots

7                       8

To me, they made a bigger version of the L2M, and didnt really push any boundaries like they did with the Lancoool 1, to 2, to 2 Mesh. Even the EATX clearance is the same on a case that's considerably bigger. Most users dont need larger than 174mm tower coolers, more than 8 SSD locations or 7 PCI-E slots, so really the Lancool 3 is targeted at watercoolers (which the O11D is a more attractive option anyways) or the "Bigger is better so I can fit my hands in it" crowd. 

The LF2 420 is going for cheaper than the 360 right now, so if you're currently going big, might be worth the while as you can slap that to the front. 🙂

57 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

https://lian-li.com/product/lancool-iii/

keep in mind the evo has some problems of its self. it blocks all aio at the bottom of the atx mb with 140mm fans and the bracket is flimsy were it will touch the fan... and the power rest switch is once peace so if your layout dose not match it wont work...

im guessing they might make a bigger case of the eve witch i should have wated but i didn't no of these problems and at $300+...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

i'll say it depends what yer trying to fit in your new case

i'm happy with my 5000d airflow (previously o11d), i'm using custom loop with 360+280 rad

just fyi lancool 3 box is a lot heavier than lancool2 mesh

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini