Legit ebay listing? Corsair commander pro

Hi, 

I've been looking at purchasing the corsair commander pro for a while since my pc is overheating a lot and I wanted to add more fans. However, right as I went to pull the trigger, the price had jumped to £60... so out of desperation I looked on ebay and found this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275387268358?epid=12002471988&hash=item401e5c3d06:g:yYIAAOSwBUdi0TYC I assume the price will go up but I was wondering if this is a legit listing / worth purchasing on ebay? 

Thanks for the help,

Lex

Looks legit, 226 feedback, all positive. Though it's an auction so it will go up, and they tend to go for a fair bit from my experience when I bought one. Sometimes even more than a brand new one as people can lose sight of the price and focus on winning the auction.

20 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Looks legit, 226 feedback, all positive. Though it's an auction so it will go up, and they tend to go for a fair bit from my experience when I bought one. Sometimes even more than a brand new one as people can lose sight of the price and focus on winning the auction.

Hoping not many people are looking at it and the price will stay low :9, do you know of anyway that I can check its a real corsair product if i buy it? I doubt there are fakes but better to be sure 😄.

There are 2 versions of the commander pro. The older version doesnt support the latest software. It still works but something to keep an eye out for. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Just now, Pickles von Brine said:

There are 2 versions of the commander pro. The older version doesnt support the latest software. It still works but something to keep an eye out for. 

Ah I had no idea about this, is there any way for me to check which version it is? 

Looking up the model number it looks like ti is the newer one. However, it is possible corsair used model numbers... Only real way to know is get it and see if it runs the latest software or ask the seller. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

-> Moved to Cooling

Why exactly are you considering Commander Pro? Are you using mainly Corsair fans/coolers? Getting it just because you are overheating and/or need fans isn't really good reason imo. Both of those can be solved with other methods.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

42 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Cooling

Why exactly are you considering Commander Pro? Are you using mainly Corsair fans/coolers? Getting it just because you are overheating and/or need fans isn't really good reason imo. Both of those can be solved with other methods.

I just bought a bunch more QL fans from corsair on prime day (£59.99 a pack) to finish my build (already had 3 ql 120mm) and help it stay cool a little easier in the heatwave we have atm :9. Since I would be running 9 fans (7 x 120mm, 2 x 140mm) I figured the easiest way for me to maintain control over the speed would be to buy the commander pro since my board only has so many pwm headers (b550-e with cpu fan taken by nhd15) and can only change the fan curve based off of cpu temps . This was the plan I had come up with but im wondering if it's the best idea or if there are any other options

Ql setup.png

2 hours ago, CriSis_ said:

I just bought a bunch more QL fans from corsair on prime day (£59.99 a pack) to finish my build (already had 3 ql 120mm) and help it stay cool a little easier in the heatwave we have atm :9. Since I would be running 9 fans (7 x 120mm, 2 x 140mm) I figured the easiest way for me to maintain control over the speed would be to buy the commander pro since my board only has so many pwm headers (b550-e with cpu fan taken by nhd15) and can only change the fan curve based off of cpu temps . This was the plan I had come up with but im wondering if it's the best idea or if there are any other options

Ql setup.png

Well, in that case. The price shows £11.50 for me. So considering its auction, there probably was offer that was drawn off.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Well, in that case. The price shows £11.50 for me. So considering its auction, there probably was offer that was drawn off.

That's what I figured, I guess I can only hope it wasn't xD. If all falls through with the commander pro, is there any other way I can power / control these fans? The RGB side can be done via the two lightning node cores that come in the 3 packs so I have that covered, just not a good way power / control them xD

7 hours ago, CriSis_ said:

That's what I figured, I guess I can only hope it wasn't xD. If all falls through with the commander pro, is there any other way I can power / control these fans? The RGB side can be done via the two lightning node cores that come in the 3 packs so I have that covered, just not a good way power / control them xD

Well, you actually have enough headers. Your board has 6 headers and each can easily power 3 fans without extra power. You would just need splitters and choosing which fans are controlled together. Usually this is less of issue since there is natural grouping by placements. Only thing to note is CPU and CPU_OPT headers sharing controller chip.

As for controllers, I'm bit out. But since you are already in Corsair ecosystem, the Commander Pro and its newer revisions are still sold new. This in case this eBay listing turns out to be bad.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

with pwm fans you can pull power from the psu to by pass any mb header limit but heard pwm gets weaker the more fans on it so keep it under 10 fans per header...

there was talks of ways of re boosting the pwm signal but idk what they were talking about.

if you want it controlled by the gpu then its a good way to do it there or other controllers that have better options thow for just pwm but if you have corsair i would go with corsair.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links