Do 2.5" SSD drives need to be steady/securely mounted...?

NGamer

Wanting to put some 2.5" SSD drives lined up vertically in my tower case.

But the SSD drive mounting screw heads in the case are not where I want them.

Is it a good idea to mount the SSD drives very securely (never to be removed) using a high quality durable Velcro?

Or do they need to be steady/securely mounted...?

Thanks!

An SSD can be a bit loose, just make sure the drives themselves are not piled on top of one another because they do need a very small amount of breathing room to stay cool. Several drives stacked on top of one another might cause temperature problems.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

they can go wherever they work best for you. they have no moving parts, so as long as you aren't repeatedly smashing them around where physical damage is a concern, they are fine even if dangling in the back of the case

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

An SSD can be a bit loose, just make sure the drives themselves are not piled on top of one another because they do need a very small amount of breathing room to stay cool. Several drives stacked on top of one another might cause temperature problems.

I'm not showing you the 3 ssd's led on top of each other in my case...😆

I have literally hot glued SSDs to any flat surface I could find in an old pc, and then gave up and just left them dangling around the place.

Nothing moves in them, they’re like a really fancy USB stick, so they can kinda go wherever, pick them up, shake them, so long as the cable doesn’t disconnect you can spin them around like a fan if you want.