"Worlds first payWave suit"

SilenT_LobsteR

The power suit has taken on a whole new meaning.

In a world first, an Australian tailor has developed a garment that allows you to pay for just about anything with a simple flick of the wrist across a payWave terminal.

Paying has just got a whole lot easier, all thanks to an Australian tailor's obsession with technology. The design - developed here in Melbourne - is the brainchild of menswear fashion brand MJ Bail. 

Just two months ago, the retailer came up with the idea to sew a payment microchip into the sleeve of one of their suits.

The chip is invisible and is designed to protect the overall appearance of the retailer's tailored garments.

"It's a very small microchip so you can't see it, it's seamless so you don't see it," designer Paolo Michelini said.

"It's inserted into a small pocket."

powersuit_19lhdcd-19lhdcp.jpg

Just eleven suits have been made so far, and technology reporter James Billington is one of the lucky ones to be trialling it.

"It's the idea of not having to carry a wallet," he said. "It's a great fail-safe if you do walk out of the office or you do forget your wallet, there's no excuses."

And this is just the beginning. 

Technology experts say they will soon be obsolete, with microchips not only replacing cash and credit cards, but your driver's licence and passport too.

Source: https://au.news.yahoo.com/technology/a/22906383/worlds-first-paywave-suit-made-in-melbourne/

What do you guys think. PayWave/Paypass has kind of exploded in Australia, almost everybody wants it. 

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

Ehhhh dry cleaning only I assume? x3

As to what I think, never heard of it.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

What if you accidentally put your arm in front of the receiver, and end up paying for someone else's stuff...

PayWave seems not popular enough at the moment for people to throw money at things like this. It needs to be in a lot more shops.

Ehhhhhh, I left my driver's licence in my other shirt x3

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Wouldnt it be awkward when the cashier says "cash or card?" and you, just casually raise your wrist like you are going to backhand her?

And if you change banks, thats inconvenient. Why not just putting your credit card up your sleve like some sort of sick magician?

Bad bad idea IMO.

Corsair Graphite 230T Case , AMD A8 6600K 4-Core Processor cooled by a CoolerMaster Hyper 212X CPU Cooler, MSI A88X G45 Gaming Motherboard, Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB 2133Mhz, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC 3GB, Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD + Western Digital WD Green 1TB + 3x Toshiba 500GB HDD, Corsair CS750M Modular PSU,all cooled with 4 Case fans, Displayed in 1080p on a 50" Samsung LED Smart TV

PayWave seems not popular enough at the moment for people to throw money at things like this. It needs to be in a lot more shops.

A fair amount of shops seem to take it now, pretty much all big stores seem to have it, heck Railway stations now have it and they're usually slow as to catch on. 

The fact that the Banks aren't allowing people to sign anymore as of August will mean PayPass grows even bigger purely for the convience of not having to remember the pin all the time for stuff under $100. 

Stuff like this is stupid but i'm all for the technology, Commenweath Bank now supports Paypass for the S4 natively and all other phones can have a chip purchased that sticks onto the back of the phone which is neat. 

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

What if you accidentally put your arm in front of the receiver, and end up paying for someone else's stuff...

you will need to put the chip in the clothes 1cm from the receiver.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

And then you look stupid if you brought the wrong suit jacket. Waving and nothing is happening. >.<

you will need to put the chip in the clothes 1cm from the receiver.. 

Could easily happen if it's a loose sleeve, and you're just waving your arms around randomly.

Could easily happen if it's a loose sleeve, and you're just waving your arms around randomly.

You're joking now, right?

You're joking now, right?

No... It would be easy for it to happen in a bar. Especially with Italians, they use so many hand gestures...

Guys,.. IF someone is in front of cashier and want to pay in some shop.    ARE YOU WAVING with your hands somewhere to the credit card- terminal ?

I dont know how aobut you, but we call it in europe - Personal Space  -

How would this be more convenient than paying with NFC on your phone?

You'd have to remember to wear that jacket when you wanted to buy something, or spend the money to get one put in all of your jackets.

Who wears their suit jacket all day long? What would you do when you wear a t-shirt over the weekend?

Where with a phone it is always on you, you might forget your wallet, but rarely do any of my friends forget their phone. You then have a display saying how much you are paying and whom to. Just all around a much better system IMO.

That's right, I often forgot both my wallet and my phone when I'm wearing a suit...oh wait.

Very few people leave their wallets around, and many leave their jackets around in the office, especially on the 45oC Melbourne summer days

You're still at the paying area... like where you would normally pay with cash or card. why would you be reaching across someone paying for their stuff? you'd have to be not all there in the head to accidentally pay for someones stuff...

How would this be more convenient than paying with NFC on your phone?

You'd have to remember to wear that jacket when you wanted to buy something, or spend the money to get one put in all of your jackets.

Who wears their suit jacket all day long? What would you do when you wear a t-shirt over the weekend?

Where with a phone it is always on you, you might forget your wallet, but rarely do any of my friends forget their phone. You then have a display saying how much you are paying and whom to. Just all around a much better system IMO.

Comonwealth bank here in aus already has nfc paywave

Corsair Graphite 230T Case , AMD A8 6600K 4-Core Processor cooled by a CoolerMaster Hyper 212X CPU Cooler, MSI A88X G45 Gaming Motherboard, Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB 2133Mhz, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC 3GB, Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD + Western Digital WD Green 1TB + 3x Toshiba 500GB HDD, Corsair CS750M Modular PSU,all cooled with 4 Case fans, Displayed in 1080p on a 50" Samsung LED Smart TV

Guys. Please remember this is a prototype/concept and was produced to be auctioned off with all proceeds going to charity. It was never intended to be a mass market product. Please remember the intended context of a product before criticising it.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.