Can any guitarist point me to a forum/youtube channel

JoshuaTjandra

Is there a linus tech tips of the guitar world?

I'm learning electric guitar and would like to know more about effects pedals. I am a complete noob in terms of building a pedalboard (just found out you needed a power supply).

I am deciding between using a multieffects pedal or individual ones. 

I have only tried using the PODHD500 before, very overwhelming and it wasn't working properly so I returned it.

I am deciding between using a multieffects pedal or individual ones: I prefer individual pedals. 

As for a youtube channel: Youtube.com/RobChappers

individual's are best imo. 

Yeah, individual pedals are usually best. I've  been out of the loop of effects and amps for a while now; I just play (10 years going strong).

Fractal Axe FX II is an amazing processor.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Yeah, individual pedals are usually best. I've  been out of the loop of effects and amps for a while now; I just play (10 years going strong).

i dont even play. i just know shit hahaha

Stomp boxes for the win, I have 11 of them in my pedal board. 4 of them are distortion, I use mainly Digitech, but I have an ISP Decimator and one of the distortion pedals is a Krank Maximus. Been playing for 12 years now, ultimately, no band just as a hobby due to my work.

Once you get to know how to "correctly" daisy chain the pedals, you can get the best of em'.

Also I have been reading this "Boss Syndrome" thing on the internets, Is BOSS like the alienware of the guitar world?

I'm learning electric guitar and would like to know more about effects pedals. I am a complete noob in terms of building a pedalboard (just found out you needed a power supply).

I have only tried using the PODHD500 before, very overwhelming and it wasn't working properly so I returned it.

by individual ones u mean stomp...?? 

Also I have been reading this "Boss Syndrome" thing on the internets, Is BOSS like the alienware of the guitar world?

boss is not like alienware but it gives way more presets as well versatile tone quality...thye r also very costly...from a professional point of view u can also go with rocktron... :)  

by individual ones u mean stomp...?? 

Yes, like for example the BOSS DD3

Yes, like for example the BOSS DD3

ok..so i think that u want to build a pedal rail....it is quite good in terms of sound quality but u have to buy different stomps for different stuff...if u play on 2-3 different tones and r willing to add some effects pedal as well like reverb, delay, feedback etc...then u can go with it but with multi effects u will get a large variety in tones...u can make according to ur requirement also...and sound quality is not that bad...u can go with some professional processors...i have a rocktron g300...

If you are on a budget and you want a variety of tones to experiment, a multi fx pedal is the way to go, otherwise go for individual stomp boxes. start out with a nice tubescreamer / dist pedal and maybe some fx like reverb/ nice analog delay pedal.

Boss pedals are decent and to me are pretty "entry level/ mainstream" ?

They have a wide range but they aren't always the best at what they do. Some are better some are not. Might be a bit expensive as well.

Going to your local guitar store and trying out the range of boss pedals will give you a feel of what kind of sound you want. 

Personally : 

Ibanez TS808

Boss DS1

Holy Grail Reverb

Also a few pieces of advice:

1. Get a good amp before going mad with pedals (a 150 dollar pedal is not going to sound fantastic on a 100 dollar amp)

2. Always test out the pedal before buying (If possible)

3. Go with what you like / sound you want to achieve.

4. If you have to, bring your axe along to test the pedal and use a similar amp you are using.

Beware, like tech stuff, going through pedals can be addictive.  :P

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB