buying on ltt classifieds

cnapier39428

whats the best things to look for to try to make sure theyre not gonna rip you off by selling you a faulty part or not send your part at all? i know theres no way to know for sure but whats a few key things you look for?

Length of time on the forum, maybe posts but that's a tough one, generally a combo between the two. I haven't bought anything but when I'm look into an interesting that's what I look at.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I would only buy from well known members of the forum with 1k+ posts. 

I would only buy from well known members of the forum with 1k+ posts. 

^^ Basically buy from people who actually care somewhat about their reputation here. Doesn't have to be 1K, just up in the higher ranges of posts, maybe 400+ and moderately active, not those weird accounts with just 10 posts and such..

Have them provide rep whether that be ebay account, another forum account, heatware, etc.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

Have them provide rep whether that be ebay account, another forum account, heatware, etc.

What is heatware?

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

As a seller on the forums I always offer creating an invoice on paypal if the seller pays the fees for it which usually is not that much so if something does happen, you can go through paypal. But typically, heatware doesn't help too much because most people don't have ratings on there yet. 

^^ Basically buy from people who actually care somewhat about their reputation here. Doesn't have to be 1K, just up in the higher ranges of posts, maybe 400+ and moderately active, not those weird accounts with just 10 posts and such..

Does stuff actually sell?  I want to sell my PS4 and my GTX 760.

As a seller on the forums I always offer creating an invoice on paypal if the seller pays the fees for it which usually is not that much so if something does happen, you can go through paypal. But typically, heatware doesn't help too much because most people don't have ratings on there yet. 

Does stuff actually sell?  I want to sell my PS4 and my GTX 760

Does stuff actually sell?  I want to sell my PS4 and my GTX 760

Double post... seriously??? accident?

Whats a reputation? 

Whats heatware? 

/troll

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=80705

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I think a good way to do it, would be only from people 1k+ posts.

Then only pay once you've seen the shipping tracking number.

Through paypal with buyers safety invoice.

That way if they do try to rip you off, you get your money back, and they wasted the money to ship the product. (and time to cancel it)

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not as well as I would like but I usually post it on Amazon at the same time and it sells over there a bit better. Typically I get the same amount of money either way even after Amazon fees since I sell it for lower on the forum usually. 

That way if they do try to rip you off, you get your money back, and they wasted the money to ship the product. (and time to cancel it)

That is terribly unreasonable and I would never do that as a seller. Most people pay at the post office and once the package is out of their hands, it is hard to stop the package. Not risking giving away product. I do not ship until I get the money. 

Double post... seriously??? accident?

Yes, accident, sorry for making the page an inch longer.

I've sold like 6 things so far, hoping my headphones sell soon as well considering they're underpriced :9

@OP

I'd say just make sure you do all the necessary precautions, make them create an invoice so it's all legitimate through paypal, make them give you a tracking number ETC.

Or vice versa if you're the seller.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Or you could list the item on Ebay and link to it in the Ad on LTT.  My Ebay has 75 sales and a 100% rating, probably something people would like.  Also it gives an even easier way to pay.

Or you could list the item on Ebay and link to it in the Ad on LTT.  My Ebay has 75 sales and a 100% rating, probably something people would like.  Also it gives an even easier way to pay.

I mean that's nice and all but ebay fees are terrible. I rather pass on the saving to my buyer than list it for higher on ebay. 

Probably buy from someone who has a good reputation, maybe at least 400 likes. Also, someone who is committed to this forum, at least 750 posts or so.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I mean that's nice and all but ebay fees are terrible. I rather pass on the saving to my buyer than list it for higher on ebay. 

Ebay is free for me... what fees?