Pop-up Shop aka byte size LTX, LTX jr, apéritif LTX?

Just finished watching WAN VOD. I know, I am late to the party. I can't help it I get up at 5am for work. Linus said he was going to have a pop up shop at the new labs building.  Luke said it would be cool to stream it on FP so people can see real reactions to the screwdrivers and backpacks. OMG I am so excited. I need more details. If I missed anything let me know. I did not hear a date? 

What we know so far:

• Overnight LAN party
  • No Parking at venue, must take public transport
  • At New Labs Building
  • Merch
  • Steam Cache
  • Activities
  • Food Trucks
  • Tournaments
  • NO SOCIAL MEDIA (You will live without FB, Insta, Twitter, Reddit)
  • Sponsor Booths
  • 200 seats

My Questions

1. Will you need volunteers?
  2. Will this be like LTX where tickets drop at x time and first come first serve?
  3. VIP Passes?
  4. Media passes?
  5. Please don't restrict to Canada only. Not exactly a question, but please.
  6. How much $$$
  7. Age restricted?

• 764936693_Screenshot2022-06-115_18_33PM.png.79b2a03f226b2670e7dbe04bbfd23fa4.png1195955500_Screenshot2022-06-115_17_46PM.png.1892d11f7a3b0b17c3e99ed71da99d2a.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

22 hours ago, Elektra57 said:

1. Please don't restrict to Canada only. Not exactly a question, but please.

Not aware of any reason they would do so?

Canada is open to tourism as long as you are fully vaccinated and don't actively have COVID symptoms.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

46 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

Not aware of any reason they would do so?

Canada is open to tourism as long as you are fully vaccinated and don't actively have COVID symptoms.

They did for the roast. It was limited space like this.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

It looked like this was somewhat early in the planning. Guess we'll find out more in future WAN Shows. I just hope they give us fair warning, would be gutted if I missed a chance at this due to it being announced on some random tweet...

I live 20 minutes down the road from these guys, would be over the moon to attend.

I would love to go to the event, I've never been to a lan party before so I'd love to bring my steam deck (I just don't want to lug my desktop all the way there). My main concern though is I live in CA and just started a new job for my local school district so time off is really difficult to get out side weekends.

1 hour ago, Anstarmus said:

I would love to go to the event, I've never been to a lan party before so I'd love to bring my steam deck (I just don't want to lug my desktop all the way there). My main concern though is I live in CA and just started a new job for my local school district so time off is really difficult to get out side weekends.

Wait, I never thought about this not being a weekend! Only been at one lan party before, in Glasgow Scotland about 15 years ago... I had a LG Flatiron CRT monitor... man you had to be dedicated to lug that up 3 flights of stairs... but I loved that lan party. A guy wearing a funny hat beat me 1 vs 1 in the counter-strike final and I found the movie Team America.

A thing I would think LMG should let know
1. Tournaments
2. Have a way to organise rideshares, 1 person comes with their car and other people coould come
And since there is no parking at the venue, this would also make a bit of sense, so ridesharing, where possibly
This would also reduce the amount of vehicules unloading, since not everyone would come on their own.
3. Equipment, 
Every one brings over their own laptop/dekstop and maybe a display, if needed
What about networking (switches, routers), power distribution (The building has a lot of power available, but how do you get that to the gamer's.
These are one of the hardest things there is, since this is not the thing the building is used and setted up for.
4.Maybe open a dedicated thread on planning somewhere, where people can also add their own ideas and give feedback?

For some context, I have some experience organising LAN-parties
While I was the person-in-charge, the two events had around 49 to 56 participants
Not on this scale, but if you want me to comment, let me know
FinOxy

I would love to attend, but I live 4ish hours away and in America lol
Even if it's not open to America's, I hope to see the stream and highlights of the event!

I don't have a lot to share at the moment, but we'll give out more details when we are ready. Just to avoid any confusion, the Pop-up Shop and LAN are going to happen on different dates since the LAN is a ticketed event.

Things I can answer right now:

• Both events are more than likely to fall on the weekend.
  • Tickets will probably have to be first come, first serve.
  • As long as the border is open, you should be able to travel from the states.

We'll expect people to bring:

• Their own computer
  • A monitor
  • Any peripherals they want to use
  • An ethernet cable (25ft is recommended)
  • Not Necessary, but your own chair if you want something comfortable (and have the means to transport one lol)

3 hours ago, Chase Douglas said:

I don't have a lot to share at the moment, but we'll give out more details when we are ready. Just to avoid any confusion, the Pop-up Shop and LAN are going to happen on different dates since the LAN is a ticketed event.

Things I can answer right now:

• Both events are more than likely to fall on the weekend.
  • Tickets will probably have to be first come, first serve.
  • As long as the border is open, you should be able to travel from the states.

We'll expect people to bring:

• Their own computer
  • A monitor
  • Any peripherals they want to use
  • An ethernet cable (25ft is recommended)
  • Not Necessary, but your own chair if you want something comfortable (and have the means to transport one lol)

For the love of God don't try to get people to transport computer chairs on public transit...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

For the love of God don't try to get people to transport computer chairs on public transit...

I'm guessing the new office will be in the transit shithole of Surrey or Langley as usual, just like the old office. If that's the case... I don't think anyone will be taking transit there regardless LOL

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

9 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

I'm guessing the new office will be in the transit shithole of Surrey or Langley as usual, just like the old office. If that's the case... I don't think anyone will be taking transit there regardless LOL

Yep. I'm planning on parking a few blocks away (probably), and even dropping stuff at Lab2 is gonna take a while. Line of cars and all that. Maybe if people label their stuff like luggage it'll work but... still. I'm glad i have a old backpack frame and straps to carry my rig over a few city blocks.

14 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

Haha when I lived in Van I'd take transit since it was $450/mo just to park a vehicle downtown. I can just image how annoying even one computer chair would be. Especially since they'd probably try to use it as a seat. 

The new building is a few hundred meters from the other. There will be lots of walking 😂

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Confirmed: 300 units of backpacks. 

Dates: Before school starts.

Controlled attendance: They don't want 2,000 people showing up so they are announcing final date at the last minute. They do not want people to travel for these events. 😞 Linus reiterated "do not travel for this event". 

linktr.ee/Elektra57

On 6/17/2022 at 8:35 PM, dizmo said:

Yeah, we would not expect people to take a chair on public transit. Since the LAN is 99% planned for a weekend there will probably be some street parking available for those who are able to drive or carpool, but we don't want to advertise this until we know exactly what will be available so we can be considerate of the other buildings that use street parking.

Right now, we're pretty sure none of the other businesses really operate on the weekends, so it could work out really well since the whole street has parking that runs down the whole street from the new building and past the current office, so fingers crossed that people could just use that without issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 11:30 AM, Chase Douglas said:

Yeah, we would not expect people to take a chair on public transit. Since the LAN is 99% planned for a weekend there will probably be some street parking available for those who are able to drive or carpool, but we don't want to advertise this until we know exactly what will be available so we can be considerate of the other buildings that use street parking.

Right now, we're pretty sure none of the other businesses really operate on the weekends, so it could work out really well since the whole street has parking that runs down the whole street from the new building and past the current office, so fingers crossed that people could just use that without issue.

It's been a little while, any update on rough times when it could be happening, rough times to look for when tickets will go up and/or methods (floatplane exclusive, priority ect)?

25 minutes ago, Cafuddled said:

It's been a little while, any update on rough times when it could be happening, rough times to look for when tickets will go up and/or methods (floatplane exclusive, priority ect)?

Things are moving fast here so we'll have info to share soon™️. Most details will probably be shared on a future WAN show and then ticket sales will go live shortly after that.

Linus did already mention the 'official' name of the event on wan show last week, for now we've decided to go with WHALE LAN (We Hosted A LAN Event LAN).

• 2 weeks later...

29th to the 31st!

here's to getting tickets before the sell out

7 minutes ago, atliss said:

29th to the 31st!

here's to getting tickets before the sell out

Yup!  Keeping an eye out for when/where those tickets go on sale.  Hopefully there will be reasonable in/out privileges as I have someone's surprise 40th birthday as well that weekend and will need to do some adulting going to that.

This is something i always imagined they were gonna do.. But 200? Oh damn.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

On 7/10/2022 at 5:17 AM, MultiGamerClub said:

This is something i always imagined they were gonna do.. But 200? Oh damn.

I know, I am local and I want to go but man I dunno when the tickets and where they will be announced.

On 6/30/2022 at 1:27 PM, Chase Douglas said:

Things are moving fast here so we'll have info to share soon™️. Most details will probably be shared on a future WAN show and then ticket sales will go live shortly after that.

Linus did already mention the 'official' name of the event on wan show last week, for now we've decided to go with WHALE LAN (We Hosted A LAN Event LAN).

Can we at least get a hint where the release is going to not be, between the forum, YouTube floatplane and reddit its kinda exhausting... I deplore social media, so if it's on Twitter or it's likes I'll miss this release by a country mile.

P.s. I'm on vacation in Mexico right now which makes it even harder, I'm so surprised my phones remained in the beach bag so far!

P.p.s. I don't think they water down the drinks in this resort... I'm doing this whole thing in hard mode right now, give a vancouverite a break here!

21 minutes ago, Cafuddled said:

Can we at least get a hint where the release is going to not be, between the forum, YouTube floatplane and reddit its kinda exhausting... I deplore social media, so if it's on Twitter or it's likes I'll miss this release by a country mile.

P.s. I'm on vacation in Mexico right now which makes it even harder, I'm so surprised my phones remained in the beach bag so far!

P.p.s. I don't think they water down the drinks in this resort... I'm doing this whole thing in hard mode right now, give a vancouverite a break here!

More info for tickets will be on WAN show!

This could change, but the event page will be live on Friday with tickets going on sale as most a few days later, gives people a chance to bookmark the page and we'll also have links to the event page on the forum and social media.

18 minutes ago, Chase Douglas said:

More info for tickets will be on WAN show!

This could change, but the event page will be live on Friday with tickets going on sale as most a few days later, gives people a chance to bookmark the page and we'll also have links to the event page on the forum and social media.

Ah, thanks for the update!! I could have sworn they said this week in the last WAN show... Mind you the next WAN show is kinda this week, thanks a million. (Puts phone in the safe were it belongs)