Third Times The Charm? War Thunder Forums get yet another leak of Classified Military Documents

rcmaehl
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, HenrySalayne said:

Screenshot_20230829_213649_edit_11078291551434.thumb.jpg.d2abe5cd52e7ebd0b01a4bb6f13bf522.jpg

Make it four!

If only the Chinese and Russian's would play more.

On 6/7/2022 at 6:21 PM, Imbadatnames said:

Dunno what they could get from a page on an AESP of the cr2, especially the tech description. Thing is stupidly long and unhelpful. Imagine Chinese docs would be the same.

it was a page showing how various component of the mantlet fit together, with a length value for the co-axial MG shroud. There's a big argument about the thickness of the mantlet in that area with the thin mantlet people saying that since the shroud protrudes out the end and must be the same length as the MG barrel, (which is 700mm), the mantlet must be less than 700mm thick in that area. The document showed the way the MG and shroud fit together showing that the mantlet had to be thicker than the detractors say.

Worth noting as i think i mentioned previously in this thread that AFAIK there's been no mention of disciplinary action or formal charges about the supposed leak which makes me suspect the posters claims of having run everything past the relevant on base authorities for permission to post was true.

7 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

Screenshot_20230829_213649_edit_11078291551434.thumb.jpg.d2abe5cd52e7ebd0b01a4bb6f13bf522.jpg

Make it four!

So what leaked this time, not heard about this one?

Worth reiterating the 3 prior cases where all a lot more complex than "random military member posted on forum with classified documents". I think i noted all of this up thread but will repost for visibility.

The CR2 case was from an actual military member but anything classified was supposed to be ran past relevant authorities for permission to post. Gaijin accepted that explanation on several prior occasions.

The Chinese APFSDS round data was a repost from elsewhere on the internet that was an actual leak, but the person posting it was completely unaware of that, they just found it on a random google search on a Chinese language site.

The US F16 leak was a document thats in a weird classification state. Any US citizen can legally view it and any US citizen can legally share it with any other US citizen. But no one is supposed to share it with a non-US citizen. In effect it was classified only for non-US citizens. It was sourced AFAIK from a major US defence contractors own website where it was, (may still be), publicly available.

3 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

Yeah dug into it allready, it's another case of a document that is publicly available, (apparently $10 to buy), but not for sharing outside NATO nations.

5 hours ago, CarlBar said:

Yeah dug into it allready, it's another case of a document that is publicly available, (apparently $10 to buy), but not for sharing outside NATO nations.

I'd like to talk to you about today's sponsor GenericVPN. GenericVPN offers privacy hiding some data from your ISP and ease droppers on unsecured networks such as coffee shops and cafes. Additionally, GenericVPN allows you to access region locked content such as Netflix Shows, Amazon Movies, Region Specific Government Military Documents, and so much more! Sign up today with the link in the video description for 50% your first year and 3 free months!

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 12:40 AM, Lightwreather JfromN said:

Wait, this kind of thing happens often?

wha…

HOW!?

How else do you win a meaningless internet argument? Dumb people are gonna be dumb.