€500-ish monitor for photo editing?

whoisjaya

Hey, so I've been looking at monitors to buy for my mum (she's a professional photographer and mainly does portraits and weddings), and she's willing to spend about €500 (also willing to go over budget a bit if she ends up having to).

She'd like for the monitor to:

• have good skin tone reproduction
  • have at least 100% sRGB coverage
  • be at least 250 nits
  • preferably be a 34 ish inch ultrawide

TYIA :)

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Get a 32" 4K monitor like the LG32UN650-W, which is way under budget and then also buy a calibration device like an i1Display Pro. Then calibrate it manually and the result will be better than ANY pre-calibrated "professional" monitor.

In any case, monitor color drifts over time. So one that looks great out of the box might not be as accurate a few months down the line. So if she's using it to make money, a calibration device to recalibrate is a must either way.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Get a 32" 4K monitor like the LG32UN650-W, which is way under budget and then also buy a calibration device like an i1Display Pro. Then calibrate it manually and the result will be better than ANY pre-calibrated "professional" monitor.

In any case, monitor color drifts over time. So one that looks great out of the box might not be as accurate a few months down the line. So if she's using it to make money, a calibration device to recalibrate is a must either way.

Thank you for you response! 😄
Of course I'm aware you have to re-calibrate your monitor every now and then, and she obviously owns a calibration device, the 32UN650-W actually looks quite good for the price, thanks a lot! 🙂

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace