Gross stuff in drain valve

I had some ek solid coolant in my loop and even though it says it won't clog stuff it clogged my CPU and GPU blocks so I drained my loop and it was draining insanely slow.

I'm cleaning everything to include the tubes and when I finally got to my drain valve I saw why it was draining so slowly. It's full of bacterial growth and just solid gross it's pretty dense too not some soft crap. See pic.

Anyway I'm gonna fill the loop with some alphacool normal fluid not the solid stuff do y'all think it was because of the solids it created this grossness or like why is my drain so clogged and disgusting?

PXL_20220528_172425082.thumb.jpg.48670125ecce88c18ba6e29f2d6260ea.jpgPXL_20220528_172957330.thumb.jpg.62051f4b1ec2f4ed52916ec5715d4c44.jpg

Is it hard like it could be metals or is it kinda goopy/soft?

2 hours ago, airborne spoon said:

I had some ek solid coolant in my loop and even though it says it won't clog stuff it clogged my CPU and GPU blocks so I drained my loop and it was draining insanely slow.

I'm cleaning everything to include the tubes and when I finally got to my drain valve I saw why it was draining so slowly. It's full of bacterial growth and just solid gross it's pretty dense too not some soft crap. See pic.

Anyway I'm gonna fill the loop with some alphacool normal fluid not the solid stuff do y'all think it was because of the solids it created this grossness or like why is my drain so clogged and disgusting?

Precipitated coolant related material, not biological.

23 hours ago, VesperMoirai said:

Is it hard like it could be metals or is it kinda goopy/soft?

It is solid not slimy or squishy at all

21 hours ago, For Science! said:

Precipitated coolant related material, not biological.

But the crap that was clogged in my fins of the GPU blocks was not anything like this it was soft not slimy but easily wiped away with my finger.

This solid crap I'm the drain valve I had to scrape out with a screwdriver

When you filled your loop or the last time you drained it what kind of water did you use? Tap? Or some premix? Maybe a Distilled water with antimicrobial drops?

All in all if it didn't seen like metals I'd just give it a deep clean and keep antimicrobial stuff in it after a deep clean and it will be ok. 

3 hours ago, airborne spoon said:

It is solid not slimy or squishy at all

But the crap that was clogged in my fins of the GPU blocks was not anything like this it was soft not slimy but easily wiped away with my finger.

This solid crap I'm the drain valve I had to scrape out with a screwdriver

Still not biological, where it clogs and how long it has been there will change the appearance of precipitate. Just outside of the drain valve will be where the coolant is stagnant the most, so in many ways it makes sense for stuff to accumulate there.