won't boot from windows usb drive

SneakySquid9
Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

Most likely you simply didn't make the usb drive correctly. Did you use the Media Creation tool?

I'm trying to do a clean windows install on my new pc but every time I insert my windows usb drive, it'll display the typical asus rog logo ("DEL to enter UEFI setting") and then shows a black screen and I can't enter bios the entire time. I tried setting the "OS Type" to "Other OS" under "Boot/Secure Boot" but the same thing happens. If I set "OS Type" to Windows UEFI, booting up will display the "Secure Boot Violation" screen and I'll have to do a force shut off. I also heard somewhere that someone had success by enabling CSM but when I do that, the monitor won't turn on. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I just want to get windows installed and working.

Most likely you simply didn't make the usb drive correctly. Did you use the Media Creation tool?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I'm using the usb drive that came with my windows 10 bundle a few years back for my first pc build and figured it might work again here. Is that the problem? Someone also said to use rufus (not really sure what that does exactly)