I Ripped Up My Sponsor’s Check - Israel Design Center Tour 2

James

Clickbait BS title aside, this was an interesting trailer of the hopefully upcoming in-depth video of the stuff that happens in there.

I got so mad when the video ended abruptly. It felt even shorter than a 2 min teaser of a movie.  Also, I wouldn't mind a full fat 30 min or more video for the in-depth version.

13 hours ago, darknessblade said:

Check timestamp 4:26, its quite ironic for intel to say that these types of brackets are bad for the CPU while they use them themselves

There's a big difference between "we're doing this to test the product for a day or so" and running a part in a non-controlled environment for years, possibly even decades.

Standards shift based on use case and conditions.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

13 hours ago, crazzp said:

Those who complained about the title being clickbaity, were you expecting Linus to literally tear a piece of cheque or something? I'm really curious. Like is everything literal in your world? 

I defended them in the past for the titles, and I still understand why they do that+Don't mind it too much, but having better titles is very valid criticism. Maybe add <HOOK IN TITLE>: ACTUAL INFORMATION

On 5/20/2022 at 12:22 AM, MultiGamerClub said:

This is truly something i really want to see..

But the title man, haha.. Oh well, gotta trick the algorytm to get you i guess.

Yeah, I just can't take these LTT clickbait titles anymore. Unsubscribed, as I do for all similar channels that don't give any credit for the viewer etc.

13 hours ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

I defended them in the past for the titles, and I still understand why they do that+Don't mind it too much, but having better titles is very valid criticism. Maybe add <HOOK IN TITLE>: ACTUAL INFORMATION

The most annoying thing to me is they already do that... on Floatplane.

Pay up to get useful titles I guess.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

9 hours ago, BobVonBob said:

The most annoying thing to me is they already do that... on Floatplane.

Pay up to get useful titles I guess.

If you're on FloatPlane, you're already invested in consuming their content (both monetarily and with your attention).

On YouTube, they have to do something to stand out of the crowd of millions of people who are all trying to do something to stand out from the crowd. The invisible hand of the algorithm elevates videos that do well with the plurality of the audience that is drawn in by (or at least isn't turned off by) goofy, mouth-agape thumbnails and ATTENTION GRABBING ALL-CAPS TITLES, so everyone does goofy, mouth-agape thumbnails and ATTENTION GRABBING ALL-CAPS TITLES to get as much attention as possible. When one channel finds something that works and their views go up, everyone else copies it because they want their views to go up too. Then nobody stands out again, until someone finds a new trend that makes them stand out. Rinse and repeat until the whole situation goes so far off the rails it becomes a parody of itself.

I'm just glad LMG hasn't adopted other YouTuber tropes in the actual videos, like the "YouTuber voice" with-a unnecessary-uh in-fleck-shun-ah and upswing in pitch at the end of every sentence that makes them all sound like they're asking questions?

(Note: I'm not a YouTuber, or even a wannabe YouTuber. This is just my take as part of the audience that's been consuming content on this platform and has watched this happen for almost 15 years.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

On YouTube, they have to do something to stand out of the crowd of millions of people who are all trying to do something to stand out from the crowd. The invisible hand of the algorithm elevates videos that do well with the plurality of the audience that is drawn in by (or at least isn't turned off by) goofy, mouth-agape thumbnails and ATTENTION GRABBING ALL-CAPS TITLES, so everyone does goofy, mouth-agape thumbnails and ATTENTION GRABBING ALL-CAPS TITLES to get as much attention as possible. 

one thing I do like, is that you know this video is from this channel, but not all of these stupid things work or the might work by hurting it's viewerbase too over clicks? increased click just for the bait not the video or the channel, which to my view means to hurt the view of the channel? a good clickbait vs a bad one. some thumbnails can be understandable youtube thing, but other ones are just... god why? I guess youtube is not the same anymore 😛

I mean it has been so bad a lot the recent years, they just completely switch the look or text for the video after starting with horrible bait.

Edited by Quackers101

Check? Check? cheque...

Stupid titles deserve the silly spelling.

11 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

If you're on FloatPlane, you're already invested in consuming their content (both monetarily and with your attention).

On YouTube, they have to do something to stand out of the crowd of millions of people who are all trying to do something to stand out from the crowd. The invisible hand of the algorithm elevates videos that do well with the plurality of the audience that is drawn in by (or at least isn't turned off by) goofy, mouth-agape thumbnails and ATTENTION GRABBING ALL-CAPS TITLES, so everyone does goofy, mouth-agape thumbnails and ATTENTION GRABBING ALL-CAPS TITLES to get as much attention as possible. When one channel finds something that works and their views go up, everyone else copies it because they want their views to go up too. Then nobody stands out again, until someone finds a new trend that makes them stand out. Rinse and repeat until the whole situation goes so far off the rails it becomes a parody of itself.

I'm just glad LMG hasn't adopted other YouTuber tropes in the actual videos, like the "YouTuber voice" with-a unnecessary-uh in-fleck-shun-ah and upswing in pitch at the end of every sentence that makes them all sound like they're asking questions?

-snip-

(Note: I'm not a YouTuber, or even a wannabe YouTuber. This is just my take as part of the audience that's been consuming content on this platform and has watched this happen for almost 15 years.)

I get that it's meant to draw in clicks, but they've started going too far. At this point it's progressed to just flat out lying to viewer's faces and it's incredibly disrespectful. It's leagues worse than it was 5 years ago when people called LTT out the first time. Look at this video.

image.png.274f56584d4f20fec57b8122b7b636f7.png

Unless you already know that Linus was preparing to move to a new house and make the assumption that Linus and Yvonne's marriage doesn't seem to be on the rocks there is no reasonable interpretation of this thumbnail and title other than Linus and Yvonne separating. That's not in any way what this video was about. Sure it makes sense in retrospect that they're "saying goodbye" to their old house, but that's not when the thumbnail and title matter. THAT'S the difference between the thumbnails Linus addresses in that video and the ones now. They were over-the-top, but they weren't a complete misrepresentation of the video, and THAT is what I have a problem with.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11