What is the best pc sound option

Indian pc builder
Go to solution Solved by Sat1600,
4 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

ok, after some research, i have a question, should i prefer these over the the zeb pebbles? are they better?

Never used the zeb speakers. I have the creative and they sound good.

I suggested based on your use case because they get power and sound through one usb port.

Ok so I am looking for a good speaker solution for my pc, don’t have an amp or dac or whatever else, just want simple

speakers that aren’t too big, too small and I can plug them into usb or audio out on my mobo and just use them to watch ltt 

edit Best Buy doesn’t work in India so the insignia speakers are off the table 

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

Creative Pebble V3 Minimalistic 2.0 USB-C Desktop Speakers with USB Audio, Clear Dialog Enhancement, Bluetooth 5.0, 8W RMS with 16W Peak Power, USB-A Converter Included

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08F57GSJ7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_5S5FGNN143AP6XRX5VJW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They go down as low as $30 sometimes but they are $40 right now. Nice speakers.

Anyone have experience with speakers form zebronics? They have some

of the cheapest stuff here in India 

ignore the one on

the middle of the zebronics’ 

4703D8FC-986D-4D67-B88F-33CF1677E78C.jpeg

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

14 minutes ago, Indian pc builder said:

Anyone have experience with speakers form zebronics? They have some

of the cheapest stuff here in India 

ignore the one on

the middle of the zebronics’ 

4703D8FC-986D-4D67-B88F-33CF1677E78C.jpeg

I mean even the zebronics pebbles exist and they cost a fraction of the creative ones, so unless there is something really bad with zebronics speakers , wouldn’t they be better than other stuff?

How many watts should a pc speaker be to be comfortably loud ? The zebronics pebbles are 3 watt each

"Best" is a loaded term and you REALLY need to be specific.

If you have no budget well...
https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/genelec_8331a/

2 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

How many watts should a pc speaker be to be comfortably loud ? The zebronics pebbles are 3 watt each

This will depend on the listening distance efficiency of the speaker. Bigger speakers are usually more efficient (so more sound pressure at the same amount of energy pumped it). Similarly if you double the distance you're away from a speaker, you need 4x the wattage.

Realistically 1-3W is plenty if you're not trying to go deep on bass. There might be transient peaks that are 100x higher though

Wattage is probably the DEAD LAST thing to think about when it comes to speakers. It's like assessing how good an air plan is by its weight (if it's too heavy it can't fly).

Listening to THIS review -

it looks like they're using VERY VERY cheap plastic. I'm using relatively high end speakers and I can tell that the sound gets distorted when those are turned to around 70% (and that's though multiple levels of loss 1) going through a microphone 2) youtube compression 3) any imperfections my own system has)

-----------

Looking at the price of the units you referenced, it looks like they're a bit under $10 USD. I would NOT expect anything great at that price point and I'm not familiar with products in that price range (especially if they wasted budget on LEDs). If you were in the US, I'd say look into buying used speakers/receivers/amps if you're spending THAT little. Decent speakers will last between 10-50 years (probably closer to 50 if it's been kept in good condition and out of the weather). If it's a $10-15ish speaker I wouldn't be surprised if SOMETHING on it dies relatively quickly.

MAYBE something like - Logitech Z200 or Z313 used.

When looking at that price range, it's more about "does it turn on" than is it good.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

3 hours ago, cmndr said:

"Best" is a loaded term and you REALLY need to be specific.

If you have no budget well...
https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/genelec_8331a/

This will depend on the listening distance efficiency of the speaker. Bigger speakers are usually more efficient (so more sound pressure at the same amount of energy pumped it). Similarly if you double the distance you're away from a speaker, you need 4x the wattage.

Realistically 1-3W is plenty if you're not trying to go deep on bass. There might be transient peaks that are 100x higher though

Wattage is probably the DEAD LAST thing to think about when it comes to speakers. It's like assessing how good an air plan is by its weight (if it's too heavy it can't fly).

Listening to THIS review -

it looks like they're using VERY VERY cheap plastic. I'm using relatively high end speakers and I can tell that the sound gets distorted when those are turned to around 70% (and that's though multiple levels of loss 1) going through a microphone 2) youtube compression 3) any imperfections my own system has)

-----------

Looking at the price of the units you referenced, it looks like they're a bit under $10 USD. I would NOT expect anything great at that price point and I'm not familiar with products in that price range (especially if they wasted budget on LEDs). If you were in the US, I'd say look into buying used speakers/receivers/amps if you're spending THAT little. Decent speakers will last between 10-50 years (probably closer to 50 if it's been kept in good condition and out of the weather). If it's a $10-15ish speaker I wouldn't be surprised if SOMETHING on it dies relatively quickly.

MAYBE something like - Logitech Z200 or Z313 used.

When looking at that price range, it's more about "does it turn on" than is it good.

Ok then, I am now setting a price range of 50-100 usd, anything good in that price bracket?

If you can get it on sale, at least based on US pricing, Klipsch Promedia 2.1
I've seen these go for as low as $64
https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?q=promedia

Probably about the best you can do. One warning based on anecdotal experience, they produce good sound for what they are but I had one speaker (I think it was internal circuitry on the amp or similar) go out on me after a few years. This is the only case I've had audio equipment die on me outside of cheap earbuds getting damaged. There appear to be some reports of this on slickdeals as well. The flip - I have a friend that's had his last for years. It's possible that this has been improved since ~2013ish.

Edifier R1280T <- also a consideration

Micca PB42X <- also a consideration (dash better than the edifiers - make sure it's the ACTIVE version, passives need separate amps)

If I were to do further research I'd be looking up terms like "near field speakers" or "near field monitors" or considering a budget amplifier ($50ish) and something like a pair of Jamo 801s ($90ish)

I'm trying to error on the lower side of the budget though and I'm aware prices can be different.

This really is an instance where buying used is probably the better path, it's just hard to know what is "good" (there's legends online of someone buying $10,000 speakers for $20 at an estate sale or at Goodwill or similar)

The list below is a good starting point as well but most (all?) of these need an amp.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

On 5/17/2022 at 7:17 AM, Sat1600 said:

Creative Pebble V3 Minimalistic 2.0 USB-C Desktop Speakers with USB Audio, Clear Dialog Enhancement, Bluetooth 5.0, 8W RMS with 16W Peak Power, USB-A Converter Included

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08F57GSJ7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_5S5FGNN143AP6XRX5VJW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They go down as low as $30 sometimes but they are $40 right now. Nice speakers.

ok, after some research, i have a question, should i prefer these over the the zeb pebbles? are they better?

On 5/17/2022 at 6:59 PM, cmndr said:

If you can get it on sale, at least based on US pricing, Klipsch Promedia 2.1
I've seen these go for as low as $64
https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?q=promedia

Probably about the best you can do. One warning based on anecdotal experience, they produce good sound for what they are but I had one speaker (I think it was internal circuitry on the amp or similar) go out on me after a few years. This is the only case I've had audio equipment die on me outside of cheap earbuds getting damaged. There appear to be some reports of this on slickdeals as well. The flip - I have a friend that's had his last for years. It's possible that this has been improved since ~2013ish.

Edifier R1280T <- also a consideration

Micca PB42X <- also a consideration (dash better than the edifiers - make sure it's the ACTIVE version, passives need separate amps)

If I were to do further research I'd be looking up terms like "near field speakers" or "near field monitors" or considering a budget amplifier ($50ish) and something like a pair of Jamo 801s ($90ish)

I'm trying to error on the lower side of the budget though and I'm aware prices can be different.

This really is an instance where buying used is probably the better path, it's just hard to know what is "good" (there's legends online of someone buying $10,000 speakers for $20 at an estate sale or at Goodwill or similar)

The list below is a good starting point as well but most (all?) of these need an amp.

do you mind providing an amazon or newegg link for these, these, the one that you sent doesn't seem to work

edit: i just read the whole post and saw that most of these need an amp, and i'm afraid i don't want to buy an external amp and or dac, i just want them to be simple enough to just plug into my use  and use them

4 hours ago, Indian pc builder said:

Never used the zeb speakers. I have the creative and they sound good.

I suggested based on your use case because they get power and sound through one usb port.