How to abort windows 11

BiotechBen

Recently got a new laptop with windows 11 pre-installed. How can I get rid of this raging dumpster fire of unfinished software?

Can I can it to go back to windows 10? If so: how?

Create a Windows 10 installer USB and install W10.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Who approved the release of this. Like this OS is straight up the worst I have experienced yet. Even worse than buggy awful vanilla windows 8, this is almost Vista level of terrible

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

Who approved the release of this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satya_Nadella

2 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Even worse than buggy awful vanilla windows 8, this is almost Vista level of terrible

Every single Windows release under Satya Nadella's leadership has been total garbage. Steve "Cocaine" Ballmer atleast had quality control under control when it came to OS.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Who approved the release of this. Like this OS is straight up the worst I have experienced yet. Even worse than buggy awful vanilla windows 8, this is almost Vista level of terrible

What problems do you face? Windows 11 is based off Windows 10... so same code base.

OEMs like to trash the included OS delivering an awful experience... and this is one of the reasons why Microsoft sold "Signature Edition" of popular OEM laptops, and later made teh Surface line. 

1 minute ago, Levent said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satya_Nadella

Every single Windows release under Satya Nadella's leadership has been total garbage. Steve "Cocaine" Ballmer atleast had quality control under control when it came to OS.

Windows 8.1 was nice for devices that had touchscreens and had a bit of a learning curve but was overall nice, and windows 10 has been about as stable as you can hope for. I feel like they released 11 far before it was ready just to have the new scheduler be available for Alder Lake release

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

What problems do you face? Windows 11 is based off Windows 10... so same code base.

Well my biggest pet peeve so far is the seemingly random word selection. Like I'll highlight a url and start typing expecting it to empty the field and insert what I am typing like it does in 10 with no problems: not so, it decides that the middle of the URL is where I want to type, or I'll start typing a website name and it will force a random recently used URL instead. The ReadyFor application (Motorola's version of DeX) just straight up doesn't work on 11, works perfectly fine on 10 though. And Bluetooth connectivity is hit or miss, works perfectly or indicates that it is connected and functioning perfectly but is not in fact sending the sound over Bluetooth.

1 minute ago, BiotechBen said:

Windows 8.1 was nice for devices that had touchscreens and had a bit of a learning curve but was overall nice, and windows 10 has been about as stable as you can hope for. I feel like they released 11 far before it was ready just to have the new scheduler be available for Alder Lake release

That is true. Windows 11 was only 1 year in development before being released.

Windows 11 coming up version is in far better state. We should get it by September/October. Microsoft is working on finalizing a build under the Insider Program.

Start menu is more complete, Taskbar is more polished, WIn32 programs now has Mica effect on the title bar, Task Manager got updated, Built-in apps has been reworked/improved, and various other changes, as well as some new features. 

3 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Well my biggest pet peeve so far is the seemingly random word selection. Like I'll highlight a url and start typing expecting it to empty the field and insert what I am typing like it does in 10 with no problems: not so, it decides that the middle of the URL is where I want to type, or I'll start typing a website name and it will force a random recently used URL instead.

That is something I never had, or read about.... sounds like a touchpad or mouse driver issue, or some app on the PC like to be funny.

3 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

The ReadyFor application (Motorola's version of DeX) just straight up doesn't work on 11, works perfectly fine on 10 though. And Bluetooth connectivity is hit or miss, works perfectly or indicates that it is connected and functioning perfectly but is not in fact sending the sound over Bluetooth.

Well, Windows 11 got its Bluetooth Audio reworked... is now (finally) in line with phones. Where it now understands the concept of headset/communication mode and music mode, and auto switches between the two like on any other devices. So this whole thing has been reworked and is finally competent, and no longer stuck in the stone ages.

So it looks like the problem is not with Windows, but rather with Motorola who, despite Windows 11 being out for well over 6 months, didn't hear about Windows 11. You should complain to them. Or they know about the issue already... but refuse to release it and make it as an exclusive feature "Windows 11 ready" that is, for their newer phone, screwing with their user base. A tactic that HP and Creative Labs have done with Vista... worked very well for them.

13 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

That is something I never had, or read about.... sounds like a touchpad or mouse driver issue, or some app on the PC like to be funny.

Well, Windows 11 got its Bluetooth Audio reworked... is now (finally) in line with phones. Where it now understands the concept of headset/communication mode and music mode, and auto switches between the two like on any other devices. So this whole thing has been reworked and is finally competent, and no longer stuck in the stone ages.

So it looks like the problem is not with Windows, but rather with Motorola who, despite Windows 11 being out for well over 6 months, didn't hear about Windows 11. You should complain to them. Or they know about the issue already... but refuse to release it and make it as an exclusive feature "Windows 11 ready" that is, for their newer phone, screwing with their user base. A tactic that HP and Creative Labs have done with Vista... worked very well for them.

If it's the same code base, apps that work with w10 flawlessly should work with 11 right? And the URL thing maybe would happen once a month on W10 and it happens 6/7 times a day minimum with W11.

Having owned a low end windows phone that ran 8.1, it was absolutely amazing as a UI for mobile devices and worked nearly flawlessly despite the crippling hardware limitation of the barebones phone it was (it wasn't my turn to choose what phone the family got). 

29 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

That is true. Windows 11 was only 1 year in development before being released.

Windows 11 coming up version is in far better state. We should get it by September/October. Microsoft is working on finalizing a build under the Insider Program.

Start menu is more complete, Taskbar is more polished, WIn32 programs now has Mica effect on the title bar, Task Manager got updated, Built-in apps has been reworked/improved, and various other changes, as well as some new features. 

So an OS that should be released? And is above MVP? 😄

2 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Can I can it to go back to windows 10? If so: how?

yes, reinstall from a usb like normal.

i don't know if you need a new separate activation key for win 10 or not tbh. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

If it's the same code base, apps that work with w10 flawlessly should work with 11 right? And the URL thing maybe would happen once a month on W10 and it happens 6/7 times a day minimum with W11.

Sure.. But Microsoft can't fix incompetence. Microsoft follows its documentation and best practices.

If a software has this in their code:

var userOS = getOS();
if (userOS == 'Windows 10') {
   // Use Windows 10 API with these hacks because we failed to read the docs... and I am really
   // an underpaid worker in India, as the company is too cheap.
} else {
   // It is impossible that Microsoft makes a new version of Windows.
   // Well if they do.. I, the coder of this code, sure won't be working at this company, by then! LOLz!
   //
   // OR
   //
   // We are hired contracted company that actually made this app... Our customer never said anything about Windows 11 or any future proofing...
   // Management wants future contracts, and support... so like our bugs that we COULD easily fix... we will assume older version of Windows
   // and then they'll come to us, we will make a big deal about it, charging them millions... and then fix this IF condition in 2 min, LOLz!

// Legacy OS code here
}

Microsoft can't help you, the user, there. You have compatibility mode... worth a shot... but it all depends HOW the version of Windows was acquired. API or reading the registry or another method.

API will get the version you, the user, picked. If the app reads the registry for the OS name and goes with that.... well... they'll always get "Windows 11". They might even check the version of a system file and deduce the OS version. So many ways to know. So Compatibility mode won't help in these cases.

You would think "Well they must be using the API"... Well you'll be surprised. I mean look at games... there is a folder since Vista, called "Saved Games".... no games uses... they either dump their files under Documents or under AppData. Too hard to update XP code that they reused for all their future projects.

Sadly, as users don't complain to the manufacture, things won't happen. The day the company would be associated with crap software and affects their sales, NOW you'll see change. Until then... crappy coding!

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

So an OS that should be released? And is above MVP? 😄

There is always work that needs to be done. In software, the work never ends. Once you are "done" with something, the world has changed, things changes, and so you go at it again updating it, replacing it, or removing it. This is why telemetry is an invaluable asset in software development these days. It permits prioritizations of tasks. The downside is that 0.1% of users, who is a huge number of people in the Windows world (but applies to all software, websites and so on), looses their voice.

10 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

There is always work that needs to be done.

The programmers paradox too:

• All software has at last one bug
  • All software can be coded more efficiently

If you follow this paradox to it's logical conclusion then "finished software" is always 1 line of code that does not work.