Aluminum vs copper cpu cooler?

Ryuikko

Hello ! I was wondering the pros/cons of an aluminum vs copper cpu cooler for my pc I'm planning to use an i7 12700 and didn't know if the cooler that was chosen would be good for it. The cooler I have rn in my cart is an aluminum thermalright peerless assassin 120 cpu cooler with 6 heat pipes. Would something like a noctua NH u12s be better off for cooling or not so much? Ive heard that copper is better than aluminum?Any opinions welcome : )

The Peerless Assassin performs better than the NH-U12S and both use a nickel-plated copper base with aluminum fins.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Copper has better thermal conductivity properties than that of aluminum which is why in heat pipe designs it's usually used either bare or nickel plated in direct contact with the IHS or in conjunction with a copper base. The fins are typically aluminum but this is fine due to the increased surface/contact area produced by the heatpipes.