Realistic Impact of the metaverse on society?

eric1999

I can't hear 'Metaverse' without flashing back to Snow Crash. And that was the early 90s. Second Life came and mostly went. GeoCities and kin tried this 'virtual world' thing in a sense, but everyone flocked to the thought-free world of MySpace and eventually FaceBook et al.

The main question to ask here is whether the FB 'Metaverse' is any different in this regard. So far I haven't seen anything that would put it beyond what Second Life and '3D in browser' attempts with VGML and kin tried in the 90s and early 2000s. Sure, we got better VR now than we did back then, but what fraction of a percentage of FaceBook users even have a VR headset?

We're still a long way from The Street in Snow Crash's Metaverse, that's for sure.

On 5/9/2022 at 3:57 AM, triplesWANG said:

So we either end up in a situation where it's a complete chaos and everyone's allowed to do everything

you just describe Playstation home... it was glorious! 

And ultimately failed because Sony had no built in security whatsoever,  everybody with a hacked ps3 could crash or lag the entire server ... (and of course they did all the time lol)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

the metaverse is a place were you go to work online. wether it in vr or not dose not mater the thing is you will be the bot farming gold for a comapy to sell and you will get crypto currency. you will work from home and you will own nothing. the pc could be provided for you and you dont own it may even rent it... well making moeny most likey you will be targed adds.

the feds can print unlimited amount of moeny meaning they can in slave you do to w/e they want. they chose who live and dies.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links