wifi + ethernet solution for a three-floor apartment (noob questions)

eagor

So recently I bought a triplex apartment, which I am having partially renovated and I need to set up a network within certain restrictions. Let me say up front that these restrictions are due to the fact that the building is actually made from concrete bricks and reinforced concrete. So I won’t be able to wire every device that requires it directly in the walls, as this would require an insane amount of cutting concrete and man-hours from my builders. I’ve also lived in regular single-floor apartments my whole life and never had to go beyond ISP-supplied hardware for wifi plus maybe a 6-port switch for cables, so I have absolutely zero experience with setting up more complex wifi solutions.

Here’s the general layout and plan: I have a fiber connection coming into the apartment on the top floor and can’t really move it down. Also, both offices using ethernet will be on this floor. What I can and will do is have the two offices wired plus have a single cable run down to each of the remaining floors respectively. I assume these ethernet ports will serve wifi (and potentially some cable) distribution. The floors are reinforced concrete and from preliminary testing I’ve established that there is barely any wifi penetration.

So my main question is: What kind of hardware and setup do I even go for for the wifi? Is it some mesh solution? Do I set up some sort of APs?

One more thing: I want to smart the new place up quite a bit (lights, sockets, thermostats as well as several Alexa devices to control them), which will require a hub or two.

Thanks everyone in advance.