Looking for ROG Zephyrs 14 alternative with CUDA

Hey y'all, 

Really love the ROG Zephrys, but I need CUDA for my machine learning research so I'm looking for an alternative. I was looking at the Razer Blade 14 but am wary of their poor reliability over previous years. 

You guys have any recommendations?

But the g14 has rtx3000 graphics?

The blade 14 is terrible for longevity as they are just kinda crap with that.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

But the g14 has rtx3000 graphics?

The blade 14 is terrible for longevity as they are just kinda crap with that.

On their website I only see AMD GPU skewsimage.thumb.png.716d28f0b8c1cbf4a54197e859383f0f.png

Thanks for the heads up with Razer, I'll avoid their products this time around. 

1 minute ago, VeryRoomy said:

On their website I only see AMD GPU skewsimage.thumb.png.716d28f0b8c1cbf4a54197e859383f0f.png

Thanks for the heads up with Razer, I'll avoid their products this time around. 

Oh yeah the NEW ones with ryzen 6000 are amd only for now. Just get the one gen ago ones with ryzen 5000. You lose about 10% performance and 2 hours of battery life.

But compared to an intel equiped device in this size and with that power you still easily get over double the battery life AND better performance due to the better efficiency of the laptop.

Also the last gen ones are cheaper!

On 5/1/2022 at 10:44 AM, jaslion said:

Oh yeah the NEW ones with ryzen 6000 are amd only for now. Just get the one gen ago ones with ryzen 5000. You lose about 10% performance and 2 hours of battery life.

But compared to an intel equiped device in this size and with that power you still easily get over double the battery life AND better performance due to the better efficiency of the laptop.

Also the last gen ones are cheaper!

I just realized the last gen ones don't have a webcam, that's a really unfortunate deal breaker because it ticks every box otherwise. Damn

8 minutes ago, VeryRoomy said:

I just realized the last gen ones don't have a webcam, that's a really unfortunate deal breaker because it ticks every box otherwise. Damn

You could maybe look into the lenovo legion 5 lineup?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 9:28 AM, jaslion said:

You could maybe look into the lenovo legion 5 lineup?

I've had really bad experiences with non workstation class lenovo laptops when it comes to build quality and lifespan so I stay away from them for the most part. Haven't been following laptop hardware too closely for a while though so should anything happen in recent years that indicate they've changed? 

23 hours ago, VeryRoomy said:

I've had really bad experiences with non workstation class lenovo laptops when it comes to build quality and lifespan so I stay away from them for the most part. Haven't been following laptop hardware too closely for a while though so should anything happen in recent years that indicate they've changed? 

Their legion 5's have been a staple for gaming laptops ever since they came out. Minus one mishap with the hinge on a specific legion laptop.

On 5/15/2022 at 11:58 PM, VeryRoomy said:

I have a Legion 7 (5800H + RTX 3080) and it is a champ of a laptop. Fast, great screen, temps are low and fairly quiet considering I came from two Clevo laptops before. Can highly recommend.

Also the Legion 5 and 5 Pro are considered the best bang for the buck laptops nowadays. Especially the 5 Pro since it has (I think) the same screen and cooling as the 7.