How did this happen?

saba17

Hello,I had something weird happen to my internet,but it was good for me :DD.I am paying for 20mbps internet but for like 1 year,maybe more i had 100mbps download and upload speed,but still payed the same i payed before.It only happened to me,nobody else,but sadly 2-3 month ago it  stopped and went to my normal speed.How could this happen?

Sounds like a mistake on their side that they realised 2-3 montsh ago.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

Sounds like a mistake on their side that they realised 2-3 montsh ago.

During this time my internet cable got damaged so I called my ISP.They came to my house fixed the problem.On the paper it sayed that i had 20 mbps internet still.It was great while it lasted :DD

This is quite nice.

Getting free higher speed, and pay for less. Why bother reporting it.

The only thing I can think off, is that they set something wrong with the Network hub in your region/street, when fixing your data-cable /installing a different user to that hub.

------------

It is sad to hear they fixed it downgrading your speed, did you mistakenly tell them you had a higher speed for a while?

Resulting in them fixing the Non-existent issue.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

47 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

This is quite nice.

Getting free higher speed, and pay for less. Why bother reporting it.

The only thing I can think off, is that they set something wrong with the Network hub in your region/street, when fixing your data-cable /installing a different user to that hub.

------------

It is sad to hear they fixed it downgrading your speed, did you mistakenly tell them you had a higher speed for a while?

Resulting in them fixing the Non-existent issue.

Yeah it was great :DD never told them about this.They even came to my house to fix the cable that was damaged nothing changed.Had it months after that,but sadly 2-3 month ago it went to 20 mbps again.