Looking at Buying a new Ultrawide monitor

BrydogXD

I am looking for monitors myself, and obviously all the monitors you listed are non IPS panels. Not sure if that bothers you.

One of the downsides with the Samsung monitor for me is the curve. Its far too aggressive. I have seen the 27" inch variant of the monitor, and I can tell you the 1000R curve is very jarring for me. I would never be able to get used to that.

Other than that, I am not able to find any obvious flaws in your selection. In your situation, I would probably go with Gigabyte.

7 hours ago, r01100011 said:

I am looking for monitors myself, and obviously all the monitors you listed are non IPS panels. Not sure if that bothers you.

One of the downsides with the Samsung monitor for me is the curve. Its far too aggressive. I have seen the 27" inch variant of the monitor, and I can tell you the 1000R curve is very jarring for me. I would never be able to get used to that.

Other than that, I am not able to find any obvious flaws in your selection. In your situation, I would probably go with Gigabyte.

Hey thanks. To be honest not sure if the curve will affect me, I do already have a G5 (1920x1080 240hz) which has a 1500R curve, this amount has been great with me so I’m also thinking 1000R might be a bit much. I’ll go with the gigabyte as the safe option. Thanks for the feedback :)

Happy to be of some help.

Hope you enjoy your new monitor. I can tell you, its a real treat to play games on an UW.