long range Wifi

sachin

I am looking for a system to send my Wifi signal 200m with clear line of vision and from there to a router or a switch to power up my devices,

I have 1000Mbps and would like to have the most of it at the receiving end with the lest amount of latency or ping added

I don't know which wireless product would be optimal

Thanks

1 hour ago, sachin said:

I am looking for a system to send my Wifi signal 200m with clear line of vision and from there to a router or a switch to power up my devices,

I have 1000Mbps and would like to have the most of it at the receiving end with the lest amount of latency or ping added

I don't know which wireless product would be optimal

Thanks

Sounds like you're looking for a long-range system similar to what Ubiquiti offers, so that's what I'd begin researching.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I saw those but they are:

1. Too expensive 
  2. Over the top. I don`t need 10's of Km of range and nor do I need 6Gbps bandwidth because i don`t even have that speed of internet

Though thanks for recommending ubiquiti, I have seen their offer but I don't know if their airMAX GigaBeam 60 GHz Radio is the best bang for buck or should I go for EAP610-Outdoor from TP-Link or any other solution.

https://eu.store.ui.com/collections/operator-airmax-and-ltu/products/gigabeam

https://www.tp-link.com/es/business-networking/omada-sdn-access-point/eap610-outdoor/

26 minutes ago, sachin said:

I saw those but they are:

1. Too expensive 
  2. Over the top. I don`t need 10's of Km of range and nor do I need 6Gbps bandwidth because i don`t even have that speed of internet

Though thanks for recommending ubiquiti, I have seen their offer but I don't know if their airMAX GigaBeam 60 GHz Radio is the best bang for buck or should I go for EAP610-Outdoor from TP-Link or any other solution.

https://eu.store.ui.com/collections/operator-airmax-and-ltu/products/gigabeam

https://www.tp-link.com/es/business-networking/omada-sdn-access-point/eap610-outdoor/

The version Linus was using does 60 Ghz with 5 Ghz fail over if I recall right. Ubiquiti does offer 2.4 and 5 Ghz options. They will be slower, but if your not looking for speed they might work. 

The TP Link looks to be an Access Point. Ubiquiti Air Fiber is a site to site wireless link. Meaning you need two of them. They point at each other. One connects to the router and the secondary one would connect in to the building that needs internet, generally in to a switch, or AP or a device. Access points generally have limited range where as the site to site solutions are for longer range. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 4/9/2022 at 7:46 PM, Donut417 said:

The version Linus was using does 60 Ghz with 5 Ghz fail over if I recall right. Ubiquiti does offer 2.4 and 5 Ghz options. They will be slower, but if your not looking for speed they might work. 

The TP Link looks to be an Access Point. Ubiquiti Air Fiber is a site to site wireless link. Meaning you need two of them. They point at each other. One connects to the router and the secondary one would connect in to the building that needs internet, generally in to a switch, or AP or a device. Access points generally have limited range where as the site to site solutions are for longer range. 

Indeed, I struggled to get a stable connection across the road even on 2.4Ghz using a generic Access Point, 5Ghz wouldn't penetrate the wall the other side I think due to too much loss in the cable, so an outdoor AP would at least work a bit better.

However with Ubiquiti LiteBeam devices with one unit indoors (never got round to fitting it correctly) and a tree kinda in the way, I can get 100Mbit.  Installed correctly both sides without the tree in the way it should do 400Mbit I believe.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7