Who else feels bad using adblock?

I for whatever reason dont use ad block. i just feel bad if i do like im taking money away from people and there families, like i could never adblock Linus and sleep at night that is just wrong to me. am i the only one who feels this way and am i being totally irrational?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I myself don't use it at all because i believe the only reason i get to watch the videos and stuff i watch is because the money that those ads make them mean they can produce the videos and pay for better equipment to enhance my viewing experiences. 

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

I do personally do not because i donated $20. The only time i feel bad is when im on youtubers websites like this one lol. Sometimes i disable it and click on a few ads.

I do personally do not because i donated $20. The only time i feel bad is when im on youtubers websites like this one lol. Sometimes i disable it and click on a few ads.

ya but they could make much more than that $20 off of the ads. imo just donating $20 (while nice) doesnt make it okay. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

ya but they could make much more than that $20 off of the ads. imo just donating $20 (while nice) doesnt make it okay. 

woops repost sorry :p

I don't use adblock, but I skip ads and hardly ever click on them anyway. Kinda redundant.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

I don't use adblock, but I skip ads and hardly ever click on them anyway. Kinda redundant.

ya but they still make money off of it

I use adblock, I don't feel bad when I take away a few pennies from multimillion dollar companies and websites. I don't mind paying for content (donating to LMG) which also allows them to continue producing videos.

And with the $20 that's from ONE person. I don't think they make $20 from one person in ads, they make money because there are so many viewers. IF each subscriber paid $20 bucks (I know not everyone is an active sub/ has extra money for something like that) that's almost $7 million, a bit more than ads. 

ya but they still make money off of it

Neat. Don't feel as bad now :)

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Like i said I disable it every once and a while because I feel bad but there are some websites were the ads completely ruin the experience. For example, Youtube. 

PS: Most people do not even know about adblock. Only us nerds :)

I don't use it. I don't find advertising on the web anywhere near as annoying as TV ads (I no longer have cable TV for that reason). YouTube you can usually skip in 5 seconds or just mute and go to another tab and come back later.

i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz w/ NH-D14 Heatsink | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | 16GB Mushkin DDR3-1600 | Gigabyte GTX-670 Windforce | 240gb Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SATA3 SSD | 6TB HDD storage | Corsair 550D case | Dell 2407 1920x1200 LCD

I use it, because I really hate some ads on some sites, like tbp and stuff, where they just spam flashing ads on the side of the screen. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I dont use any sort of ad block:
- I dont just go around subscribbing to everything on youtube so it is actually only the channels I want to see grow that im subbed to, thus its only ads for their content. Which is great, im helping in the tiniest way possible but im still helping.
- Ads on websites are usually online games which I kind of like to play anyway, so it just saves me from having to try and figure out what that game was called...I can just refresh the page a bunch of times and its eventually going to show up again.
- Some ads on youtube are for movies that I want to watch. Sometimes its even the trailer for the movie in the video of the trailer I searched for. :D WINNING!

I haven't used any sort of ad blocker for years now. Most sites that I go to on a regular basis have ads that aren't intrusive to the content of the website and I understand that those ads can help that site continue functioning, at least partially. Anytime I visit a site that has any sort of intrusive ads, I just leave. If a website requires me to have an ad blocker to be capable of sorting through their bullshit then they aren't worth my time and the quality of their content is almost certainly far below what anybody should expect.

i only started using adblock cause youtubes advertising has gotten stupid

Character artist in the Games industry.

I use to use adblock, back when I used to casually browse the net and YouTube, but these days I know where I'm going and on YouTube i rarely leave my subscribers, so I took it down. I've found quality content imo, and I'm prepared to suffer through an advert to feed there families  to watch a video they worked hard to make, or a forum they actively work on, or a blog that helps fund there career.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I use AdBlock but at the same time I don't. As I do a lot of web browsing on my iPad, I don't have that luxury.

I use adblock becuse of the rediculas adverts on the internet , NHL has 1 min adverts to watch a 20 second replay of a goal , youtubers having ads longer than the video your wanting to watch , or worse , adverts that play sound when you go on a website. 

its also very annoying when adverts have 60% higher audio volume than the video your wanting to watch. 

I use AdBlock and I don't feel bad about using it. I have the option to control what kind of data my computer is loading and displaying and with AdBlock I practice part of that control. That said if a site gives me the ability to disable ads by having a subscription or donation I usually pay to disable ads even though adblock already blocks them.

Until ads on the internet stop being intrusive, stupid and try to scam people I will use adblock.

I use ad block but not on twitch since ads are properly implemented

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I use AdBlock, I can't stand seeing advertisements everywhere and when I just want to watch a bunch of short YouTube vids I don't want to watch an advert in front of every single one.  

I do however use my phone for browsing the internet a lot and watching YouTube so I don't use AdBlock then.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I use AdBlock but at the same time I don't. As I do a lot of web browsing on my iPad, I don't have that luxury.

There is AdBlocker on Cydia. I think it only works in Safari, but at least there's an option for when you need it.

I personally do use Adblock, because you never know what site you will land on, when you're looking for something. If it's a site that I trust, then I'm willing to disable it for that site as long as the banners aren't too annoying.

Adblock is also good for blocking images in signatures, when visiting online forums. Especially, when there are signatures with tons of animated gifs or huge meaningless pictures that just take up way too much space on the screen.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.