MicroLED tv 89 inch

Kensuki

if samsung manages to sell the 89 inch, 99 inch and 110 inch microLED TV later this year do you think linus will get one and unbox it on his channel before the end of the year?

just a thought.

159614-tv-news-samsung-micro-led-at-ces-2022-image1-ne5ky2v7go.jpg

microled2022_large.jpg

If you are asking will there be reviews? Then yes of course the day they launch they will be there.

7 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

I doubt he would spend that much and I doubt they would send him one.

As the pessimist as i am we never know man. The 89 is reported to cost 80,000... 

Unless you have the 89" selling for < $10,000....I doubt it.  Super-sized panel displays have been showcased before...and they will almost never be consumer grade.  At an $80,000 price tag, this is clearly intended for commercial use.  Consumers can get a 150" picture out of complete high-end projector setup for well under $20,000...making the value for consumers beyond unreasonable.

The cost of these is so insane even now and will be for quite a while.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 4/3/2022 at 10:15 AM, IPD said:

Unless you have the 89" selling for < $10,000....I doubt it.  Super-sized panel displays have been showcased before...and they will almost never be consumer grade.  At an $80,000 price tag, this is clearly intended for commercial use.  Consumers can get a 150" picture out of complete high-end projector setup for well under $20,000...making the value for consumers beyond unreasonable.

so you're saying that we'll be stuck with OLED

and IPS forever?!

52 minutes ago, Piecku said:

Would love to see him review one just for fun. Find out how good the supposedly way better than OLED response times are etc. I don't expect him to actually pay for a unit of course 😄

Response times are as little as 1 nanosecond

14 hours ago, Kensuki said:

so you're saying that we'll be stuck with OLED

and IPS forever?!

Forever? No. But for the forseeable future, yes.

I know there are people that think MicroLED will be the "savior" in the display industry. But they are nowhere close to be able to produce them cheap enough to make it feasable to consumers. The next problem is that they currently cannot make the LED's small enough to offer them in a more standard size like 55" or 65". MicroLED will stay a wall decoration for rich people for the next 8-10 years at least imo.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 4/3/2022 at 1:30 AM, dilpickle said:

Linus: You've understimated my power!

42 minutes ago, e22big said:

This guy built an XBOX controller out of real gold. The question is not just the product price, but how much content he can pull out of it, then maybe also resale value.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 hours ago, e22big said:

Linus finally managed to get one: *drops the whole thing accidentally and recklessly*

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

On 4/2/2022 at 1:30 PM, dilpickle said:

I don't even know. He's spending a lot on a PC. 1 million.

7 hours ago, Kensuki said:

That was given to him to review. He's has to send it back. He didn't spend one million dollars on a pc. 

10 hours ago, Kensuki said:

It's not his to keep. It was sponsored so they can play around with it and get a few videos, but they have to send everything back to Supermicro, Kioxia and Nvidia after they're done.

It wouldn't even make sense for him, as this server is extremely overkill for what his workflow needs. This is really just for shits and giggles.