Ebay limiting selling amount to $250?

maartendc

Hello all,

I used to sell a bunch of used stuff on Ebay: computer parts, bike parts, games, etc. never had any issues. This was as a private individual, not as an online business.

It seems like Ebay changed their policies. I was trying to list a used bike on there yesterday for like 800 EUR, and it said my "monthly selling limit" was $250. Like WTF? This makes Ebay totally unviable to sell high value items. What if I want to sell a PC, GPU, Console, etc. etc. Cannot do it.

I have anecdotally found that they limit sales for sellers with bad feedback. But I had 100% positive feedback rating, so that cannot be the problem. Perhaps because I haven't sold anything in the past two years?

This is very surprising to me. Has anyone else run into this? Any ways around this? How is Ebay expecting to stay relevant while imposing these kinds of restrictions?

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Hello all,

I used to sell a bunch of used stuff on Ebay: computer parts, bike parts, games, etc. never had any issues. This was as a private individual, not as an online business.

It seems like Ebay changed their policies. I was trying to list a used bike on there yesterday for like 800 EUR, and it said my "monthly selling limit" was $250. Like WTF? This makes Ebay totally unviable to sell high value items. What if I want to sell a PC, GPU, Console, etc. etc. Cannot do it.

I have anecdotally found that they limit sales for sellers with bad feedback. But I had 100% positive feedback rating, so that cannot be the problem. Perhaps because I haven't sold anything in the past two years?

This is very surprising to me. Has anyone else run into this? Any ways around this? How is Ebay expecting to stay relevant while imposing these kinds of restrictions?

Thanks!

maybe there will be a subscription... to be fare there is alot of bs on ebay... i have a love hate relation ship with them...and there big buks that seems to disaper...

could be an attempt to make people get a job instead of selling on ebay for a living i dont no just guessing

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 3/28/2022 at 8:34 AM, maartendc said:

Perhaps because I haven't sold anything in the past two years?

From reading the information relating to selling limits in the eBay support section that is the more likely reason as to why you have that limit on the amount you can sell in a month regardless of the amount of positive feedback (since that too will be two years old).

You can try to get the limit increased, but it is more then likely to be refused due to the lack of sales over the past two years (or even less then that).

On 3/28/2022 at 2:56 AM, thrasher_565 said:

maybe there will be a subscription... to be fare there is alot of bs on ebay... i have a love hate relation ship with them...and there big buks that seems to disaper...

could be an attempt to make people get a job instead of selling on ebay for a living i dont no just guessing

If you sell things often enough on ebay without having a business there they already push for a store subscription, but I wouldn't be surprised if ebay would push for a subscription to remove the selling limit if someone doesn't have a business. It really seems like ebay hates money if they want to limit the value of items which can be sold, and they're punishing people for not having enough feedback.

Yup, eBay is useless.  I might have made 2 eBay purchases within 3 years but I now don't even bother looking.

I also wanted to sell some computer hardware but the max limit was ridiculously and unuseably low.  Attempting to get an exemption just returned a bot reply of no.  

I think they are trying to pressure more people to do bidding sales with low reserve so as to pump their numbers.  It's also trying to cut out the scammers. 

I'm not trying to sell $5000 worth of gear for $100 so I will never bother with ebay again.  Ps, there aren't as many good deals on eBay either as they want too much cut.