[NSFW] Can anybody explain WTF this was all about?

Master Disaster
1 hour ago, Montana16 said:

I'm not fully buying it either but it doesn't look authentic imo. I mean Will Smith laughs at the joke at first and takes a few seconds before stepping on to the stage and slapping him. Also the other dude positions himself in the best way possible to get slapped with hands behind his back and everything. Sure you could say he wasn't expecting it but to me it just looks way too odd for it to be authentic.

Like I said instead of micro-analyzing frame-by-frame just think about the situation for a second. What do you think Will Smith is going to gain from this. If it was staged he needs to reveal that because no matter what happens his career is irreparably damaged.

If you watched the entire aftermath you would never believe this was staged. It was incredibly awkward and Chris was clearly shell shocked. Neither of them are that good of an actor. And if it was staged don't you think he would have had a nice comeback ready.

And there would have never been cursing nor would anyone at the stuck up academy ever even think of pulling a stunt like this.

7 hours ago, dilpickle said:

Like I said instead of micro-analyzing frame-by-frame just think about the situation for a second. What do you think Will Smith is going to gain from this. If it was staged he needs to reveal that because no matter what happens his career is irreparably damaged.

If you watched the entire aftermath you would never believe this was staged. It was incredibly awkward and Chris was clearly shell shocked. Neither of them are that good of an actor. And if it was staged don't you think he would have had a nice comeback ready.

And there would have never been cursing nor would anyone at the stuck up academy ever even think of pulling a stunt like this.

I watched it twice each time in normal speed. I may be interpreting to much in it but everything about the slap doesn't look authentic for a real slap imo. Maybe both of them suck at slapping and anticipating an assault / getting slapped respectively in a way that makes it look the way it does. And that makes it look silly and like a fake slap. Could be.

I didn't hear about it until someone showed me the video about it. I never even heard the other dudes name before and honestly I don't care about either of them at all. So I don't know if there is something to gain or not and I wouldn't even care if that were the case. As someone who has seen a fair share of real slaps it's just something that looked odd to me (the way this slap looks) even when I watched it the first time.

When watching it the second time here in this thread I noticed that he was laughing first and then took a few seconds before the slap happens and after that he also talks some smack which to me looks like a huge swing of emotions which makes it even stranger.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

Notice how Will found the joke to be funny until Jada rolled her eyes and appeared to whisper something at him. Next thing you know, he's storming up on stage to commit assault. I will also mention that it is public knowledge that his wife...let's just say, she sees their marriage as an 'open relationship'

Skit or not, it was tasteless and shameful. I get defending your wife, but this was a (rather weak) GI Jane joke that wasn't worth assulting another man over. I will say, Chris Rock kept his composure pretty well. He was the bigger man.

And these are the people we should look up to?

How far we have fallen.

Well, you can take the man out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the man. 

Had anyone else had done that, god forbid if he were white or any race for the matter, it'd be an instant arrest and lifetime ban. That he was applauded and lauded for his win only shows how hypocritical Hollywood is. Such behavior, and the man himself  should NOT be tolerated, yet the man is admired? How far have Hollywood, and us in general, fallen. I can only say that I, on my part, will avoid any more Will Smith movies henceforth.

No matter what Chris Rock had joked about, btw did anyone catch Jada's reaction to the joke?, it is no excuse to hit someone.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

24 minutes ago, GamerDude said:

Well, you can take the man out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the man. 

Had anyone else had done that, god forbid if he were white or any race for the matter, it'd be an instant arrest and lifetime ban. That he was applauded and lauded for his win only shows how hypocritical Hollywood is.

No matter what Chris Rock had joked about, btw did anyone catch Jada's reaction to the joke?, it is no excuse to hit someone.

And Whoopi Goldberg is applauding the Film Association for not kicking Will out for literally assaulting another person. I honestly felt bad for Chris Rock...God, that stupid laugh afterwards but what else could he do...

We are living in clown world.

34 minutes ago, steelo said:

And Whoopi Goldberg is applauding the Film Association for not kicking Will out for literally assaulting another person. I honestly felt bad for Chris Rock...God, that stupid laugh afterwards but what else could he do...

We are living in clown world.

The most disturbing thing about this is the reaction from normal people. There are all these wannabe macho men saying they would do the same thing and this is how "real men" act.

Look at this poll. It's seriously frightening.

https://www.mediaite.com/entertainment/shock-poll-majority-of-americans-side-with-will-smith-over-chris-rock-in-oscar-slap-brouhaha/

3 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

The most disturbing thing about this is the reaction from normal people. There are all these wannabe macho men saying they would do the same thing and this is how "real men" act.

https://www.mediaite.com/entertainment/shock-poll-majority-of-americans-side-with-will-smith-over-chris-rock-in-oscar-slap-brouhaha/

Hollywood also conveyed a powerful and disturbing message that assaulting others you may disagree with is perfectly okay in today's society.

Let's be honest here, Will Smith isn't going to face any punishment for this shameful and childish display.

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

Hollywood also conveyed a powerful and disturbing message that assaulting others you may disagree with is perfectly okay in today's society.

Let's be honest here, Will Smith isn't going to face any punishment for this shameful and childish display.

Oh he most definitely will at least from the Academy. We just don't know the severity of it.

4 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

Oh he most definitely will at least from the Academy. We just don't know the severity of it.

Hell, he even got a standing ovation from the audience. It was really sick.

46 minutes ago, steelo said:

Hell, he even got a standing ovation from the audience. It was really sick.

No doubt but remember that is only a small fraction of the Academy. Even after their recent diversity hires it is still majority old white men most of whom you've never heard of. And they hold the real power. They take themselves very seriously and even though they are often accused of being out of touch they are not so out of touch that they sit by and do nothing about this.

9 hours ago, dilpickle said:

Very true, but I'm willing to bet over half of these 'macho' men in the survey would be too chicken sh** to do a single thing.

I'll also go as far as to say, a large percentage of these actor/actresses have miserable marriages but try so very hard to overact when it comes to publicly displaying how 'happy' their relationships are.

A lawyers perspective on this event:

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

I agree with Jocko, Will Smith seems to be having some issues going on in the background (a good guess would be the marriage to or toxic relationship with Jada) but his reaction to the joke was totally uncalled for. Used to admire the man, now he's a weak pussy-whipped douche to me...

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2