The story about my recent order

d3xd3x

So, I've ordered a lovely WAN hoodie in January, on the 27th. 

And I was waiting patiently, checking the tracking info...

But 2 weeks ago I thought that It was taking a bit too long... so here are the facts:

Emailed LTT store a "number of times" ... no human response, just the initial confirmation of the case open. attachment 1 😄

And after checked a bit further than the default tacking link (which was saying In Transit) 

Turned out that it was returned to the sender on the 18th of Feb....

... this is not the customer experience that I've heard from Linus on YT... I'm sadly disappointed, I would have no problem reodrering... but god knows when and if it will arrive, and if it will not, how will I get my money back... will look for some nice hoodies elsewhere for now.

Dex

2022-03-20 16_30_43-[Request received] - dexter.d3x@gmail.com - Gmail.png

2022-03-20 16_33_11-[Request received] - dexter.d3x@gmail.com - Gmail.png

2022-03-20 16_35_07-Order #249387 – Linus Tech Tips Store.png

This has been happening to everyone for many months now. Spread the word on social media, Youtube, etc.. and maybe they'll wake up and stop scamming people. Very poor way to do business.

12 hours ago, LWM723 said:

This has been happening to everyone for many months now. Spread the word on social media, Youtube, etc.. and maybe they'll wake up and stop scamming people. Very poor way to do business.

Scamming seems a little harsh.

I would say, check your contact details and/or contact DHL about it. Once your order has been handed to shipping company, status for the store changes from "processing" to "shipping". At that point, store has very little power over what's happening until its either collected by you or sent back.

I would also make new request and title it for failure on delivery. This, from top, looks like some mistake in contact details as DHL is supposed to contact you if they fail with first delivery attempt. Or depending on service, contact you before delivery will be made.

Either way, this forum is not for support, nor support of support.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

With the rate you were emailing them, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you'd been flagged as spam somehow. You could have at least changed what you were saying. Even if it wasn't returned, you weren't even really that far from the expected delivery date, as they had up to 28 business days.

Your last email was pretty hostile. They're not in charge of DHL. DHL is the one you should have the issue with, as they're the ones that labelled your box as undeliverable.

On 3/20/2022 at 4:17 PM, LWM723 said:

That's not entirely accurate. It might be happening to an increasing number of people, as they've stated several times they're a little overwhelmed, however the majority of shipments have been delivered without any issue at all. It's not scamming, either. You should be careful with the use of that word, or it'll start to lose meaning.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Welcome to the club pal ...

Order that was sent to me more than 2 months ago still has not arrived, last tracking information was at January 27th :

image.thumb.png.3828f9f290aaab97fde43b517ae9c31a.png

I have mailed their support about this two weeks ago and last week I have asked for any updates on the same mail chain (I did not flood them with messages)

and I still did not get any response.

I get it that some deliveries are lost or delayed. but I have been waiting 2 weeks just for a response, even a simple human response

such as: " we are busy with prior support tickets, we will deal with your ticket later" would suffice but I got nothing!

what kind of customer service is that ? I don't live in Canada and know the local standards, but I don't think it acceptable to ignore customer request for two weeks ...

It takes really long for customer service to reply these days, Nick Light has already apologized personally to me on Twitter. I really hope they get this sorted out soon. Last time I ordered sth and it took a long time, Nick emailed me back after a few days but now they seem to have reorganized the warehouse a lot.

The biggest issue is the fact that it apparently is very normal for packages to get lost during transit/shipping in North America. I wasn't used to this from Europe, and every lost shipment creates a ton of friction/support load on the end of the store.

The problem I see here is they're using DHL. I got burned YEARS ago (2016 I think) by DHL when ordering from Dbrand, it took over 10 weeks for my order to turn up when it was stated it was to arrive in 14 days. Since then if ordering from overseas, I avoided DHL. I personally prefer Aramex as my local courier is awesome & i've always gotten my stuff within 24 hours of it arriving at the Gold Coast depot.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

also once the package has left the US you should check the tracking on DHL website with the shorter tracking number (something beginning in CG and ending in DE)

And after the package is in your country you should check what local partner DHL is using locally you might get another tracking number

trying to get in contact with support is next to impossible, i send an email with my issue over a week ago, not have had any response up untill now.

I must say, shipping time was no issue for me, package arrived in Belgium within 2 weeks time 

Sounds like it was the carrier that determined it undeliverable, I've had that happen with USPS because I didn't have a circular driveway so they couldn't leave packages at the door (USPS is not allowed to back out of a driveway)

Tracking number ends with LT, indicating Lithuania, yet delivery country on receipt is Ireland? I don't think deliveries to Ireland would have LT tracking numbers, specially for DHL/DPD?

EDIT: Apparently Ireland does route parcels through Lithuania. You can see full tracking or at least most of it from parcelsapp.

On 3/23/2022 at 1:34 AM, Perfect Duel said:

Order that was sent to me more than 2 months ago still has not arrived, last tracking information was at January 27th :

I have mailed their support about this two weeks ago and last week I have asked for any updates on the same mail chain (I did not flood them with messages)

I get it that some deliveries are lost or delayed. but I have been waiting 2 weeks just for a response, even a simple human response

such as: " we are busy with prior support tickets, we will deal with your ticket later" would suffice but I got nothing!

what kind of customer service is that ? I don't live in Canada and know the local standards, but I don't think it acceptable to ignore customer request for two weeks ...

Sender will not be able to track it once it leaves their system. How is that not obvious?

On 3/22/2022 at 4:34 PM, Perfect Duel said:

Did you contact DHL? 

On 3/23/2022 at 8:15 AM, Dracarris said:

It takes really long for customer service to reply these days, Nick Light has already apologized personally to me on Twitter. I really hope they get this sorted out soon. Last time I ordered sth and it took a long time, Nick emailed me back after a few days but now they seem to have reorganized the warehouse a lot.

The biggest issue is the fact that it apparently is very normal for packages to get lost during transit/shipping in North America. I wasn't used to this from Europe, and every lost shipment creates a ton of friction/support load on the end of the store.

Lost packages are not a common occurance. I've mailed thousands upon thousands of packages over the years, never lost one.

While the apology is a nice step, if this carries on to the 6 month mark, it points to very poor business management. 

On 3/25/2022 at 9:49 AM, BiotechBen said:

Sounds like it was the carrier that determined it undeliverable, I've had that happen with USPS because I didn't have a circular driveway so they couldn't leave packages at the door (USPS is not allowed to back out of a driveway)

That's...a really odd excuse. They're not allowed to park on the street? In Canada Crown Corporation vehicles can park wherever they want. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Did you contact DHL? 

Lost packages are not a common occurance. I've mailed thousands upon thousands of packages over the years, never lost one.

While the apology is a nice step, if this carries on to the 6 month mark, it points to very poor business management. 

That's...a really odd excuse. They're not allowed to park on the street? In Canada Crown Corporation vehicles can park wherever they want. 

Yeah, our postal carriers' union is one of the few unions left that is untouchable. They are not allowed to reverse out of a driveway, and they do not leave their deathtraps unless absolutely necessary. Asked the post office about how to get things delivered and their response was "we have no control over the mail carriers, and that's a common complaint" and when asked if it could be taken off the truck and I could just retrieve it, the answer was "no. That would violate SOP, another attempt for delivery will be made tomorrow"