My fans are constantly spinning after cleaning the dust from my pc and is spinning sporadically

cwgzz

I don't know if I messed something up in my computer after I cleaned out the dust from it, but before, the fans would only spin when it needed it to. Now the fans are constantly spinning and is speeding up and slowing down, speeding up and slowing down, constantly. It didn't do that before. I am monitoring the fans speed on NZXT Cam and I tried putting the fans on silent, but it isn't doing anything. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you. 

How exactly did you clean the dust? Not everyone knows the correct way to do this, that's why I ask.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

How exactly did you clean the dust? Not everyone knows the correct way to do this, that's why I ask.

I mostly just disconnected the fans from the motherboard and cleaned the dust from the blades... I also did the same with the radiator and I used an air can to blow all the dust out of the motherboard. I didn't remove any other component

I was inquiring as to actual method. So you used an air can on the motherboard. What about everything else? Specifics.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

3 minutes ago, cwgzz said:

I mostly just disconnected the fans from the motherboard and cleaned the dust from the blades

Did you plug them back in the same ports they were before?

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

I was inquiring as to actual method. So you used an air can on the motherboard. What about everything else? Specifics.

I told you exactly what I did. I didn't do anything else. I don't know how to clean the dust from a PC so I didn't mess with anything else besides disconnecting the fans. 

Just now, Bad5ector said:

Did you plug them back in the same ports they were before?

I did yes.

5 minutes ago, cwgzz said:

I told you exactly what I did. I didn't do anything else. I don't know how to clean the dust from a PC so I didn't mess with anything else besides disconnecting the fans. 

You said you cleaned the fans and radiators. How exactly? Alcohol wipes? Damp napkin? Air?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

You said you cleaned the fans and radiators. How exactly? Alcohol wipes? Damp napkin? Air?

He said it already

11 minutes ago, cwgzz said:

and I used an air can to blow all the dust out of the motherboard

OP said they used an air can for the motherboard. They never said what they used to clean the fans and radiators. My point is that there may be a difference in how the fans and radiators were cleaned that could have caused the problem.

Edited by An0maly_76

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

-> Moved to Cooling

If you are using software to control fans, reset that software, update the software and re-do your curves. Constant ramping can mean that you are getting different performance than before (for better or worse) and/or software has got some change changing the way it acts with hardware. Remember that fans react to system stress and heating. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv