is this good enough for a pc?

5 minutes ago, peepeepoopoo545 said:

@TheWolfBladeBut arent hard drives a lot slower?

they are but for 50-60 more dollars you will get 2TB instead of only 120GB ssd.

also you already have an 960GB ssd that can hold your os, browser, and 1-2 of your favorite game while you have everything else already installed on the hard drive. (when playing games there isn't any performance difference between an ssd and an hard drive)

3 minutes ago, peepeepoopoo545 said:

Also should i get a ryzen 7 3800x? Is the stock cooler worth it?

No. The 5800X is much faster than the 3800x. If you wanna save money, get a Vetroo V5 instead of the AIO you're using. 

the Vetroo V5  is not availible and the amd wraith prism cooler looks so cool tho

AMD Wraith Prism LED RGB Cooler Fan from Ryzen 7 2700X Processor  AM4/AM2/AM3/AM3+ 4-Pin Connector Copper Base/Alum Heat Sink : Amazon.ca:  Electronics

4 minutes ago, peepeepoopoo545 said:

the Vetroo V5  is not availible and the amd wraith prism cooler looks so cool tho

AMD Wraith Prism LED RGB Cooler Fan from Ryzen 7 2700X Processor  AM4/AM2/AM3/AM3+ 4-Pin Connector Copper Base/Alum Heat Sink : Amazon.ca:  Electronics

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/hHDJ7P/cooler-master-hyper-212-rgb-black-edition-573-cfm-cpu-cooler-rr-212s-20pc-r1

would be a much better option compared to the wraith cooler and would still have rgb (and you would have a way better cpu)

5 minutes ago, peepeepoopoo545 said:

It doesn't perform well enough for a 5800X though. If you really want one, step down to the 5600X.

Also you can get them on eBay for like $10. 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/rQWDxs

Get your damn priorities straight and try to find better parts and not focus on aesthetics and ruin performance xD

B550 pro4 is a cheap board but it should be adequate for ram oc since thats literally the only oc that matters when ryzen sucks ass at ocing

Bigger and cheaper aio, itll prob look better since you can front mount and put the other rgb fans on the back

Upgraded rams to 32gb cause iirc blender does chew up quite abit of ram and ballistix will overclock far better than that trash overpriced tridentz, expect 4500+ cl18 if you are willing to tune them, if not then expect a lazy oc ~4000mhz cl16 with volt ~1.4-1.5v (start at 1.5v, youll be stable almost immedeatly or even immedeatly), if you wanna properly oc your rams have a look at buildzoid ballistix oc vids, he has oced 32gb ballistix before

Upgraded ssd to a far better high end gen3

Swapped case cause 4000x is garbage cause glass front panel

If you want a proper cpu overclock that isnt a pitiful 200mhz or less its a choice between convenience and aesthetics vs overclocking + degradation cause no 360mm aio is gonna keep it cool enough for overclocking in the 1.5v vcore range (<60c, pref near ambient), and yes you will need vcore and alot of it so start at 1.5v, but dont say i didnt warn you when 1.5v+ does start degrading ryzen just cause current iirc, like most cpus they start dying ~1.9-2v but its current that starts really degrading these cpus

Welp have fun trying to build some sort of custom loop cause ghetto loop is your only option with the remaining budget, and i am already feeling the pain of going this route just cause inadequate pump and oil but thats cause im on an extreme budget (20$), you should be mostly fine with more budget, just finding the right parts, assembling the thing, and figuring out how to incorporate it into your setup will be the main issues

If you mean "glass front panel"
Yes. Yes they are. They look pretty, but you're completely restricting the airflow of your case just for that, leaving only the small gaps on the sides for the fans to pull fresh air from.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Budget (including currency): 2500 cad

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA games, overclocking, and lots of chrome tabs.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I want my cpu to be at a normal temperature even after overclocking it

these are the fans im considering https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/8ccRsY/corsair-icue-sp-120-rgb-pro-52-cfm-120-mm-fans-3-pack-co-9050094-ww

and this is the pc list https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/MHp278

Those fans are okay. I do have some concerns about the rest of the list though:

It looks like you found the absolute cheapest options possible for each storage category (NVMe SSD + HDD), which isn't a massive deal with SSDs, but even good HDDs are advised against these days, let alone a budget one. I'd like to suggest a decent 1TB drive such as the Samsung 970 Evo Plus for now, and you can add storage later if needed. Seeing as gaming is your main focus here, I'm sure you can live with swapping installs if necessary until you can get another decent drive to stack on.

Running a 5800X with a Hyper 212 at stock is a little ambitious, let alone overclocking with that setup. I'd like to suggest Corsair's H100i Capellix instead, which not only will provide vastly superior temps, but will also mingle in with the other iCUE RGB devices - it even comes with a Commander Pro for the fans & RGB all in one.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/mFHzNc This brings you much closer to your budget, but the upgrades will be seriously noticeable. It may also be worth waiting just a little longer to see what prices that 3070 Ti hits.

EDIT: I just realized those SP120 fans will not be compatible since the Capellix uses ML120s - just swap to a 3-pack of those & you'll be good to go.

the pc guy

I would recommend a b550 motherboard, definitely a better cpu cooler for overclocking (the hyper 212 will barely handle any of that well at all), and a RTX 3070. I went with a 2TB 7200RPM HDD, which will be much better. If you need 4tb, just get 2 of those. Alternatively, I would just recommend ssd storage all around. It'll be much faster, and if you need more, just add another sata ssd or 2 later.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/GvNPnt

Edited by GeorgeMKane

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

Absolutely not, especially when trying to take advantage of PBO2. Minimum you want to shoot for is a 280/360 AIO (EK, Arctic, LianLi) or at least an NH-D15 / Sycthe FUMA 2. 

Very experienced with that chip and you do not want to skimp on cooling. 240 AIO's are not enough.