is this good enough for a pc?

1 minute ago, peepeepoopoo545 said:

ok can you give me an example?

I did, above.

Just now, peepeepoopoo545 said:

Would the NZXT Kraken X53 work?

This is another 240 AIO. Did you see my post above?

3 minutes ago, peepeepoopoo545 said:

Im getting a 5800x and will be overclocking it. 

First, don't bother. Ryzen overclocking is basically dead outside competitive benchmarking in subzero conditions. You'll get much worse single thread performance with slightly better multi threaded performance than if you just turned on PBO and called it a day. For a daily system, it's not really worth it. 

Get an Arctic Liquid Freezer II if you want an AIO, they're cheap (for an AIO) and perform very well. 

@RONOTHAN##thats a lot of money, for me its $180 cad

Arctics AIO's are cheaper than everyone elses and perform better. Something is up in Canada if both EK and Arctic are more expensive, they're both cheaper than NZXT in the US.

@GuiltySpark_will the NZXT Kraken X73 woek? its a 360mm

Yes, but I'd never purchase an NZXT AIO when known high quality examples from Arctic, EK and Lian Li exist. 

Ok, so i have thought about it. The ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 should work. It is 280 mm and is $140

Ok, so i have thought about it. The ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 should work. It is 280 mm and is $140

That's the minimum I would consider with 5800x. Does your case have a mounting location for a 280 AIO?

The case im using is a corsair 4000d airflow, and im pretty sure i can make space at the top of the case

Arctic have a long history of making quiet but powerful fans, kinda like a cheap Noctua.

And looking at the pictures, they use the top end fans for the Liquid freezer II.

The 140mm fans will be quieter and move more air on lower rpms than 120mm fans, so I would go that route, but both would be fine for your use case.

Sidenote, you will not be doing anything meaningful overclocking a ryzen 3000 or 5000 series processor, rather more harm than good, especially for gaming. You will never get an all core overclock as high as PBO can boost a single core, especially on water cooling. 

Unless you need 25-100mhz higher multicore frequency for some specific rendering application,

please, for the health of the processor and your mental health, enable PBO boost and enjoy your new rig.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

If im not going to overclock, then why shouldnt i go for a 

PBO raises the clock speed and voltage as you have thermal headroom, so the cooler you keep the chip the higher it boosts. You can get an extra 50-150MHz by going with a big cooler over a small one like the NH-U9S. 

4 minutes ago, peepeepoopoo545 said:

So i'll just go for the Arctic cooler

What will you do with the pc? Run all-core benchmarks or Blender rendering with cpu? If just gaming, get a decently priced tower if not get a premium air-cooler like Fuma 2 or Ak620.

I would also forget the rgb ram and the over-priced b450 motherboard. You can use that money towards a 1tb ssd and better rgb fans.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($427.00 @ Newegg Canada)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler  ($63.50 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($89.05 @ Vuugo)
Memory: ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($139.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.75 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB GAMING AMP Holo Video Card  ($1143.92 @ Amazon Canada)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($114.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($83.99 @ PC-Canada)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 PST A-RGB 0dB 48.8 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
Total: $2302.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-03-20 18:44 EDT-0400

20 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

over-priced b450 motherboard.

The main reason im getting that board is because of asus bios flashback

The main reason im getting that board is because of asus bios flashback

I would then just forget the 5800x if the selection on motherboards is as bad as partpicker shows. 12600K + b660 looks better value and offers pretty much equal performance.

7 hours ago, peepeepoopoo545 said:

Bud, we've been through this in multiple threads. You WILL have a bad time if you intend to take advantage of the boosting features of Zen 3. If you want a 240AIO, get a 5600x and not a 5800x.

Fans wise arctic p12/p120 bionix rgb are the same price as those sp rgbs and will completely obliterate them and also have the extremely basic feature which is pwm control, something that an overpriced 20$ corsair fan doesnt have for whatever reason and you need the 25$ sp120 elite for basic ass pwm. If you are gonna pay that much for a generic fan might aswell go straight to corsair ll/ql cause atleast those have shtloads of rgb options which differentiates it from the typical rgb fans which is pretty worth it compared to garbage sp120 pro.

P12/p120 argb is your average rgb fan but far better performance than the competition

Corsair sp is your feature lacking overpriced garbage rgb fan thar is basically worthless

Corsair ll/ql are extremely overpriced but alteast they have a shtload of rgb options which does differentiate them from the competition style wise

goodness no 360 will keep that cpu cool enough to do any real oc more than 300mhz,  you need <60c temps and vcore 1.5v+ for any sort of decent oc thats 300mhz or above stock boost clock just cause how bad ryzen is at ocing

If you wanna stick to aios just leave pbo to auto oc for you  cause its convenient and doesnt need you to input any settings, plus no cpu degradation bullcrap since current isnt too high

If you want a manual oc that does have some sort of gain without having to make a jank cooler or waste a ton on cooling then grab some ballistix and start aiming for 4500+ cl18, good luck getting the rgb ones though since they are usually overpriced 

So the p12 is better?

On 3/21/2022 at 3:06 AM, GuiltySpark_ said:

Bud, we've been through this in multiple threads. You WILL have a bad time if you intend to take advantage of the boosting features of Zen 3. If you want a 240AIO, get a 5600x and not a 5800x.

Sorry i didn't look at the fact that the aio was 240, i thought it was 280

All i really want is a cooler that will keep my cpu at appropriate temperatures and is under $140 cad

5 minutes ago, peepeepoopoo545 said:

All i really want is a cooler that will keep my cpu at appropriate temperatures and is under $140 cad

Your three options, just like we discussed in your last thread. 

Budget (including currency): 2500 cad

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA games, pbo, multiple windows, and coding.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I like rgb, I wabt to score at least 144hz on 1080p on most games

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/sNpK4s

No parts list. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16