The Best Gaming Laptop. BUT…

AlexTheGreatish

The Asus Zephyrus G14 may very well be best gaming laptop of 2022.. but is it good enough to justify the price hike?

Buy an Asus Zephyrus G14 6900HS: https://lmg.gg/wlnq0

Buy an Asus Zephyrus G14 5900HS: https://geni.us/B9sXNz

Buy an Alienware X15 R2: https://geni.us/RM9z7z

Buy a Dell XPS 15: https://geni.us/19wvQm

Buy a MSI GE76: https://geni.us/BjKhP

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

At that price i had rather buy a used car.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

that is a all out lie. i have the 2021 ver. and its a POS. ive gone though 3 all broken out of the box. this is my most resent one

i just got it back today and they only fixed the fan............................................ 

go bestbuy

i jsut watched some of that video and i like ur videos linus, jake. james, alex adn the rest of u guys @ linus tech tips

When i saw those cheetos.. Your an evil man to all laptop users haha 😄

/s

EDIT:::::: 2500 DOLLARS FOR A LAPTOP?? Right i used 2100 for a gpu.. what am i complaining about x'D

2500 dollars is almost my first volvo 850 from 1996 that i got for 2800$ in 2012 😄

Edited by MultiGamerClub

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

Asus sadly always includes questionable "features" that will just make their product more expensive than they need to be. My monitor came with a logo projector, no sane person would use (they could have just saved the E-waste and $50 and make it an optional accessory). The AniMe Matrix on the G14 does look cool (for 5 minutes), but doesn't give the average user any benefit. It looks like they drilled a few holes in the display backplate for each pixel and that can't be cheap not even mentioning the electronics for the LED matrix.

Asus, please make these "features" optional and price your products more aggressively. Rather than a full matrix LED backside, give us a full matrix LED backlight.

Edit:

Whoopsiedaisy...

grafik.thumb.png.57e73b1565c815b71add9bf75e726f7d.png

The animated LEDs on the back, curious to how much that eats into the battery life of the device.

Personally never understood the appeal of lights that serve no purpose in areas where one can't see them.

Though, to a degree it also makes me curious to how much of a bump to battery life the opposite would do. Ie, if the back were covered in photovoltaic cells instead, likely just as much of a gimmick to be fair.

Does anyone know where I can get the campfire wallpaper as seen in the video?? 2:52-2:56

I still search for a very nice Laptop to program with. It's always gaming laptops that comes with a very high price for the GPU. 

I just want a laptop with great cooling and a monster CPU. Why is it always 2.5K plus for such a model. 

I wouldn't go anywhere near an Asus laptop. For what @TankBall said, my experience as a tech at MicroCenter, and my personal experience trying to keep one alive. Asus doesn't support laptops very long, they're not what I'd call dependable/robust, and they're simply overpriced. The only brand I'd put below Asus is HP, and that's saying something when Acer and Razer are still hit or miss from one model to another. 

Asus won't get a dime out of me until they let a laptop live more than 3 years, fix their BIOS issues, and fix their onboard DAC problems. 

I have the g14 with the r9 and rtx 3060.

I fucking dropped it on my stairs. It seems to be working, i guess, but oh my god my heart is not beating right now. Do you know if laptops can take any internal damage from a fall?

Please I need an answer 🙏🙏🙏

USB 4 is mentioned in the video, but Asus's site only claims USB 3.2 Gen 2, did they give you different information with the review unit?Or was this a mistake?

I was wondering if the only reason you got some devices to work was that some Thunderbolt devices might have a USB 3.X mode?

• 2 months later...

i have the same issue with the G14. though it is very close to my ideal laptop. if it was my ideal laptop it would be 15.6 inches and have a Second M.2 bay. i'm also in Australia and its not listed anywhere yet

• 4 months later...
On 3/11/2022 at 5:47 PM, theRealSammyG said:

USB 4 is mentioned in the video, but Asus's site only claims USB 3.2 Gen 2, did they give you different information with the review unit?Or was this a mistake?

I was wondering if the only reason you got some devices to work was that some Thunderbolt devices might have a USB 3.X mode?

I am looking into this too. There are multiple reviews mentioning that ASUS promised USB4 later this year but it's almost end of year, still without USB4..

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone, 

Would it be possible to provide additional information about the FHD display? I have attempted to research it myself, but it has proven to be quite difficult. Specifically, I am interested in learning about its brightness and hertz. I am also curious as to why there are no reviews available for this display. 

Thank you for all that you do.